As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free DJ mixing software

NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in ActionNorth CarolinaRegistered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, many years ago, I got into DJing and of the mixing of tracks back and forth. I had several different demos of various software to let me do this and now I would like to get back into it for a bit.

Basically I'm looking for a program where I can load up two different MP3 (or other audio files), mix back and forth, speed up/slowdown the tempos independently and be able to save.

Anyone have any links to some of these mixers? I would prefer a full functional demo, but even a cheap (<$20) would be fine.

newSig.jpg
Nocren on

• Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How serious do you want to get into DJ'ing? Because you can get some of the cheaper software like Virtual DJ or the like, but I'd honestly recommend grabbing a good midi controller that either comes with Serato ITCH, or is compatible with Serato Scratch Live or Traktor Pro. It's more expensive, but it gives you so many more options when it comes to manipulating your music.

I'd check out Serato Scratch Live or Traktor Pro to start with though. I believe you can get a demo of both, and they should function without requiring turntables or a midi controller.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Deckadance has a free demo that is fully functional.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Eh, not looking to get back big into it. I've got some Trance discs that I want to mix out some of the songs on and maybe fiddle around with when I got some free time.

Thanks for the link Gihgehls, I'll check it out.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg