As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is going to PAX-EAST???

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Our spring break always encompasses St. Patty's day because if it didn't, nobody would show up for that day and the day after.

That makes me think of the most outrageous St Patty's day festivities I've ever attended, that being St Patty's 2002 in Rolla, MO, home of UMR (University of Missouri, Rolla). You have not partied/lived till you've experienced 8,000+ engineering students with IQ's off the chart letting loose for 3 days straight, because it is basically the only mental/emtional release they're allowed all year.

I saw shit there that I still can't believe, even w/ photographic evidence.

Now consider a city with

16% ethnic Irish population(~100K), surrounded by an additional ~650K ethnic Irish population in the surrounding suburbs (Norfolk, Middlesex and Essex counties, 45 minute max drive) area

36 colleges and Universities within the city limits and 100+ total in the metropolitan area, with well over 200,000 full time undergrads within 30 minutes of the city and 375K within the metro area) and if you like engineering/overachieving students that includes 10,000 from MIT and 20,000 from Harvard

and a Fake Holiday to give the city and excuse to shut down, and a parade that draws something like 850,000.

But PAX will miss it by 10 days

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow, I never knew about Evacuation Day! That's probably the most awesome thing ever. I love it =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Blade FusionBlade Fusion Timmins, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Totally going to PAX-East. This will be my third PAX in a row. I'm trying to round up troops here to bring down to experience the wonder that is PAX.

Blade Fusion on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    I know everybody probably forgot about it, but we still have this PAX East map of attendees people can add themselves to.
    http://www.communitywalk.com/pax-east-2010

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I must say i am amused by the number of west coasters who are going to the east.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I know everybody probably forgot about it, but we still have this PAX East map of attendees people can add themselves to.
    http://www.communitywalk.com/pax-east-2010

Added myself to that.

devoir on
  • Options
    nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bambooza wrote: »
    I must say i am amused by the number of west coasters who are going to the east.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but there are only about 5 west coasters on the map, right?

nerve on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    Six by my count, but it has been said that the forums only account for 1% of the PAX general population. By that math*, 6 should equal 600.

*math may not be accurate

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That doesn't include most of the west coast Enforcer population, either.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    _Pax__Pax_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    First - HELLO, forum! :)

Second - as I live within spitting distance of Boston (40 minutes by commuter rail), and have long PRAYED for a serious games-oriented convention to come to this area ... yes, I will definitely be going, for at least a single day.

Third - yes, I registered here just now, and because of PAX-East.

Fourth - no, my name is not due to the convention. I've been using one or another variation of "Pax" as my electronic identity since before there was an internet. :)

_Pax_ on
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sorry I didn't respond sooner Nomad but myself and my wife will be going to Boston or are at least planning on it. I've never been to Boston being that I'm in Toronto, Canada. I want to see what the other side of the U.S. looks like :) sides I've been to New York been to Orlando, Florida. so to head to Boston, Mass. and maybe somewhere in Texas at some point and I think I'll be mostly done my journeying in that fine country you all call the United States or when something else somewhere in the U.S. piques my interest. ;)

draklan on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seeing as how it is in March, sign me up for a comfortable Maybe. Can never be sure, but I will try hard.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    First time PAXer here. I'll be heading up to Boston from Jersey with a bunch of other people. Looking forward to an amazing time!

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am perfectly fine showing PAXEast'rs around if they are afraid of getting lost. Don't worry about the T, it's very easy to navigate so long as you take some time to read the maps and know which line you need to take to your destination.

It might be cool to stroll around downtown with some Boston newbies, maybe hit up CEX (european-style electronics and games store with trade-ins that make the GameStop next-door look sad).

You can reach me through PMs or Facebook via the link in my sig.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am perfectly fine showing PAXEast'rs around if they are afraid of getting lost. Don't worry about the T, it's very easy to navigate so long as you take some time to read the maps and know which line you need to take to your destination.

It might be cool to stroll around downtown with some Boston newbies, maybe hit up CEX (european-style electronics and games store with trade-ins that make the GameStop next-door look sad).

if you can do pickups from the airport, then you're my bff!
    being from ohio, public transportation frightens and confuses me.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

if you can do pickups from the airport, then you're my bff!
    being from ohio, public transportation frightens and confuses me.

As well it should.

Depending on your time of arrival in our fair city, I would have no trouble picking you up from Logan and possibly T.F. Greene if you decide to go that route. I have a Garmin and a FastLane transponder so I'll be your personal taxi.

Tips or tokens of your homeland appreciated.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SquadronROESquadronROE Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I'm trying to arrange the time off and transportation currently!

SquadronROE on
    Nerdism: Board Games, Video Games, Internetting/Coding
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I will be out of work tue-thurs after 6, so that means I'll be at the airport around 6:30pm.

Friday through Sunday I'll be off from work.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm so disappointed that this will be happening in March! I wish I had more vacation time (and more warmth and lack of snow-driving) to spend exploring more of the east coast! I'm from fucking Gettysburg and I've never even been to freakin' New York! How is that possible?!?!?!

I wish we could at least head down to New York, or up to Maine, or ... or... all over! I'm still really excited to tour around Boston, though!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am going. I have officially reserved a hotel room and bought my 3 day badge. Very excited.

But somebody's gotta make that thread like they did for Prime about going to PAX solo, meet ups and what not. Nobody I know is into PA/gaming or cool enough in general like that.

Goose! on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll be going, but I still need to sort out hotel stuff. It's like an hour from my house, but I really don't want to commute to and from for a whole weekend.

I'm on the fence between "pony up" and "sleep in my car". But it's my first PAX so I'm excited anyway!

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hear there's a good hostel nearby. Much cheaper than hotel and you'd be within walking distance. Maybe check that out?

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hell yes I'm going to East Pax. I've always wanted to go, but never been able to make it all the way to Washington.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    I hear there's a good hostel nearby. Much cheaper than hotel and you'd be within walking distance. Maybe check that out?

yeah, the boston international hostel seems really nice and is .3 miles away. it'll be about $43/night though, which is a little steep for a hostel, but the accomodations seem decent.

as for boston, my biggest pre-regret is that i won't be able to explore the city at all. i'm showing up on the 25th, immediately going to the convention center, then checking out on the 29th and going straight to the airport.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Mr P NutMr P Nut Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I will be there (from Maine, just registered) along with a group of friends who play CoX together.
    Working for Hilton will get me a room in the beautiful hotel across the street from the Hynes Center.
    Absolutely cannot wait!

Say, you look familiar...Is it March yet? For fellow Maniacs, we are planning on taking the Nor'easter up, leaving from either the Portland or Wells station. Would love for people to come along.

Mr P Nut on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm from Toronto (it's a big city in Canada, but that's not important right now) and PAX Prime was my first convention/expo/moment of pure unadulterated fun ever. So PAX East being closer is much easier to get to.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Look out!

It's the headless body of Spiro Agnew!

250pxagnew.jpg

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Most of you do not know me, but I will be attending east coast PAX and having a party at my house (roughly 15-20 min drive from Boston) the 2nd or 3rd night of PAX. I mostly be hangin out in the TF2/L4D/Street Fighter 4/ Games & Technology threads mostly.

If you know me, or somehow know someone that knows me, you'll be invited to this party most likely and have a place to crash potentially.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    sup rak

i'll see you there

freakish light on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm definitely going.

My campus is about 40 minutes away from Boston. I'm heading back there the night of Sunday the 28th. I'm going to be getting to Boston from Vermont. This should be interesting!

Antithesis on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll likely be going. Although I'd like to complain that having this three days before the new fiscal year when I get more vacation leave means it's going to be...interesting trying to ration my leave between this and Christmas.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asiina that's what sick days are for.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    HAHAHA wrong thrread -_-

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    I'll likely be going. Although I'd like to complain that having this three days before the new fiscal year when I get more vacation leave means it's going to be...interesting trying to ration my leave between this and Christmas.

How about the fact that my spring quarter starts the day after pax east ends? I've never missed a single day of college classes, but will probably be missing a few for this!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, but you're always going to inconvenience somebody with schooling. The fiscal year ain't changin' anytime soon.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Totally going to be there.

Looking at flights/hotels and it's only going to be around $1400 to go for me and the girlfriend.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm going.

Maybe only because Khoo asked me in an off-handed manner if I was going to make it.

Probably because I don't want to lose my Enforcer status as PC Deputy.

Also because I fucking love PAX.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OK, random question here. When I signed up for PAX 09, there was a box you could check if you wanted the ECA to contact you about a free year-long trial membership. The ECA was something I hadn't heard about until pretty recently (like, right before I signed up for PAX, actually), and I had always wondered why something like it had never existed. So I checked the box.

I haven't heard anything from them about that, but I saw this on their website: "Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Boston, Mass. 2010 for pre-registrants. COMING SOON!"

So. Since I am planning on making the trip up for PAX East... does anyone know what happened to the ECA membership thing from PAX 09?

P.S. Side note: I've been strangely hesitant to play any more games on my Xbox because my Gamerscore is currently 10k, on the nose, and I kinda don't want to screw that up. Weird. Anyone else ever had that feeling?

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I will be pre-registering in a few days. I'll spend some time in the video game section checking things out but mostly you'll see me in the board/card section. I may also be carrying a camcorder but I'm still working on getting all the paperwork in order before submitting information for that privelage.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Teletheus wrote: »
    OK, random question here. When I signed up for PAX 09, there was a box you could check if you wanted the ECA to contact you about a free year-long trial membership. The ECA was something I hadn't heard about until pretty recently (like, right before I signed up for PAX, actually), and I had always wondered why something like it had never existed. So I checked the box.

I haven't heard anything from them about that, but I saw this on their website: "Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Boston, Mass. 2010 for pre-registrants. COMING SOON!"

So. Since I am planning on making the trip up for PAX East... does anyone know what happened to the ECA membership thing from PAX 09?

P.S. Side note: I've been strangely hesitant to play any more games on my Xbox because my Gamerscore is currently 10k, on the nose, and I kinda don't want to screw that up. Weird. Anyone else ever had that feeling?

I don't know about the free deal, but a regular subscription is only $15 anyway and it's totally worth it. Gets you 10% off all new video game purchases on Amazon, so it'd pay for itself after 1 PAX pass and 2 games.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
This discussion has been closed.