Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Superstitions, folk remedies, patently unfounded truths

1192021222325»

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »
    It's true I totally wouldn't be invited.

I would

that's because you're aces
    stop it

Now I have to choose between bringing Grey Ghost or Swordfights

hmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    oh crap, next thing I know Cal will be pulling up in my driveway and boy will I have egg on my face

(he will throw eggs at me)
    Man, I'm so poor right now. No way in shit am I wasting good food to throw at you. I'll just use some cat shit.

tonksigblack.png
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GG handsdown.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's true I totally wouldn't be invited.

I would

that's because you're aces
    stop it

Now I have to choose between bringing Grey Ghost or Swordfights

hmm

I would not say such things if I were you!

• WeaverWeaver hut hut wut wutRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Callius wrote: »
    oh crap, next thing I know Cal will be pulling up in my driveway and boy will I have egg on my face

Man, I'm so poor right now. No way in shit am I wasting good food to throw at you. I'll just use some cat shit.

change your theme man this is dumb

ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Callius wrote: »

change your theme man this is dumb
    He's too poor to change his theme.

PIZTDhW.jpg
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay, I had the weirdest fucking dream while I was taking this nap just now

I'm chilling here in my apartment when I get a phone call from I Win Swordfights (why him? why does he have my number? I don't fucking know) because apparently all the other forumers were throwing this big party and he wasn't invited (nor I, apparently) and he called me to bitch about it

I am infiltrating your dreams

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Get out of my dreams
    Spoiler:

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration All Are Free Within The BiomassRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We still talkn' 'bout dreams in here? I had a fairly creepy one last night.

VMICjI7.jpg?1
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I have a nightmare about not being able to buy koshian his doll

also, im gay

33aqfwk.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Krosius wrote: »

oh god no
    Spoiler:

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I have a nightmare about not being able to buy koshian his doll

also, im gay

man, I told you not to worry about it you're doing it wrong

also: <3

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Isn't Teefs technically straight?

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I had this dream once and all this random and crazy stuff happened that would never be feasible in the real world! How wacky is that lol!?

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    is it gay in here no wait its just me

33aqfwk.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    that sig is giving me mixed signals

0BnD8l3.gif
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TB that is so lol and you know it <3

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
    edited September 2009
    teefs, you ain't one of dem gays are you?

PIZTDhW.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    Folk Remedy: Boil Coca-Cola with lemons and sliced ginger. Drinking this will get rid of a cold, sore throat, cough, etc

it doesn't get rid of it, but it does ease up any pressure and makes it easier to breathe

plus the boiled cola syrup makes a sore throat feel so good

• LarlarLarlar Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Isn't Teefs technically straight?

This is a complicated question that no one should ever ask.

iwantanswers3.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel COME ON AND DAN AND WELCOME TO THE DANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    you can also clean out a stained coffee decanter by leaving some Coke in there overnight.

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
    edited September 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    you can also clean out a stained coffee decanter by leaving some Coke in there overnight.
    I tend to clean coffee pots with dried coffee on the bottom with salt and ice. Pour the salt in, put ice in over it and swirl it around for a bit. Then just rinse it out.

PIZTDhW.jpg
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration All Are Free Within The BiomassRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

oh god no
    Spoiler:

Very well.

As I begin to remember, I find myself walking through a snow blown path deep in the grip of a starless night. On either side, stretching to the ebon sky sit sheer faces of stone, their tint in the odd un-light seeming an strange shade of violet. Strewn across these unflinching crags are curled, lifeless trees, no doubt their lifeless repose is the response to winter's chill. No doubt.

I am not alone.

Strolling beside me is a kindly old man adorned in the most tattered of robes, gray and filled with holes. However, despite what must be an obvious chill, he keeps easy pace going on in drunken tune of how he will be so happy to see his brother, and how happy he will be to see me. We are both well intoxicated, singing tunes as we cross through the brooding corridors, until his brothers shack comes into view.

We become excited, seeing lamp-light through the window, and race through the thick snow, kicking up cold drifts noisily in our approach.

As we mount the steps of the rickety stoop, the door swings open on rusted hinges, an imposing figure blocking all view standing in silhouette. The kindly old man addresses him as his brother, but the figure's stance remains hostile, I begin to sober as a creeping horror crawls up my spine.

The kindly old man pushes through the door, or rather slides behind the imposing brother. As he walks inside he is followed by his brother, who as I too enter, I see to be.....not right.

He is at least seven feet tall, his skin, calloused all over and yellowed to ravages of what must be a disease. His hands are gnarled, his face a hellish landscape of calloused spurs and oddly sprouting hair. To further impose, his entire attire is one of wolf's pelt and leather, the skulls hanging off his back decorated with feather.

The yellowed man shouts at my drunken companion, something about how he had failed his siblings, how he had lost the light-house, their home and welfare. But the old man waves these words off, instead walking to a cabinet in the back of the shack, and flinging its doors wide open.

He obviously did not expect what was to happen next.

I threw myself back, huddled in a corner in fear, as, hanging from a noose, the dessicated body of this family's youngest brother writhing green with decay snared the shocked drunk with withered hands holding fast. And with a quick spasmatic twitch of its spine, the green ghoul vanished along with the old man, to reappear holding him prone upon the rickety dining table.

The meaning of their argument was lost to me. My fear manifest in abandonment of sense, their voices become tinny and hollow ringing as if from some great distance. Though even to my weakened sanity I saw easily that my companion had grown quite sober and lucid, screaming apologies for his foolishness. The yellowed one cried in anger at him, "If you wanted to be alone then you should have stayed away! If you wanted a family, you should have kept the light-house! You ruined us! And you expect forgiveness?! You expect to drink with us?! You will die!"

The words rang with and odd-half clarity in my mind, their meaning received rather than their words.

I started as the yellowed man then turned on me. He stalked towards me as I languished for retreat in the corner of that remote shack, and with one gnarled hand he easily pressed me against the wall. His hideous face breathed hot sickening carrion upon my face, as a wealth of threats filled my head.

He was a shaman, well versed in the ways of this wood. His body gnarled by the many forms he had assumed, and his threat was a follows: If I did not find my way out of his land within the hour, he would find the same fate as his estranged brother.

As soon as his grasp relented, I was scrambling for the door. I burst from the shack, jumping over the porch and landing into the soft crunch of snow. I ran. Even there, even where the body not but mental construct, I felt my lungs burn and muscles weep for rest, but fear drove me further into those imposing canyons and paths. The whole time my eyes darted from shadow to shadow, expecting at any moment my hour to be spent and the slavering lupine jaws of some nightmare beast to come bounding out of the dark to tear out my throat.

I sprinted through the frost, out of another canyon (damn how they looked so alike!) coming to an abrupt stop. Salvation. Before me stood a library, immense upon paved stone and lit from within, populated by many who would no doubt relent shelter for someone as pitiful as I.

I ran in stumbling gasps, hands outstretched in my vision, reaching for those hallowed glass doors. I was free! I was safe!

I felt something snag my right leg surely. As the frozen pavement came swiftly up to meet me, I thought through the snarls of the devouring beast: I was dead.

Then I woke up!

Edit: Really the dream was not as long as the length of this story might suggest.

VMICjI7.jpg?1
    edited September 2009
    D:
    Spoiler:

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel COME ON AND DAN AND WELCOME TO THE DANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anti, I have a bridge to sell you in California

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
    edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The "and then I woke up!" stinger never fails to be hilarious

edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

I would be ten flavors of surprised if it was.

VMICjI7.jpg?1
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't think SH was implying that it's copypasta so much as he was implying that it's totally ridiculous

www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
    edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

that reminds me of an asimov story, where a science fiction writer kept sending in his own original manuscripts to a magazine, but they had the same plots as stories by an already famous writer, a writer that the aspiring writer had never heard of.

• LarlarLarlar Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    The "and then I woke up!" stinger never fails to be hilarious

it wasn't hilarious this time

and then I woke up

whew, combo breaker averted

iwantanswers3.png
    edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

that reminds me of an asimov story, where a science fiction writer kept sending in his own original manuscripts to a magazine, but they had the same plots as stories by an already famous writer, a writer that the aspiring writer had never heard of.

Was it... himself from the future?

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

I actually recall it being someone else from the future

www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
    edited September 2009

why, was it a copypasta

no
    the ending
    Spoiler:

edited September 2009
    antimatter you're blowing my mind

is that a time paradox or am I illiterate I can't tell

edited September 2009
    oh I forgot

that dream I had where I was guarding the band room from werewolves and then found apple's launch party for their secret robot?

I forgot about the ending

my uncle ran in, stole the robot and ran away
    converted the robot into pure money (millions of dollars) and decided to launder it through online poker (on the wii internet browser)

so I went to chase him, and chased him up this really rickety tower made of toothpicks or something
    the problem with the tower wasn't that it was precariously swaying in the wind, it was that there were about 500 old people sightseeing and blocking every single pathway

eventually I got to the top, started playing wii-poker to win back the stolen money
    unfortunately I woke up before I found out if I won

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    antimatter you're blowing my mind

is that a time paradox or am I illiterate I can't tell
    Spoiler:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]