Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BSG:BG Pegasus Expansion Game 02] Game Over - Cylon and Cylon Leader Victory

MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Critical Failures
bsg-bg-logo.png
Base Set and Pegasus Expansion
After forty years passing without a single word from the Cylons, they returned, and all but eradicated the human race. In this time of strife, they must put aside the petty differences that once separated them and focus on one thing — survival.

Humanity's only hope of a future is to find a new home; a place called Earth. The Cylons, however, are in constant and tireless pursuit. They now look, breathe and bleed exactly like humans. Cylons have infiltrated the Fleet, destroyed resources, and threaten to finish the extermination they have begun. The humans have no choice but to run, plagued by the paranoia of an indistinguishable enemy.

Are you a Cylon who will help to erase any memory of the human race? Or will your resilience and determination to survive prove to the Cylons that humanity is worth saving?

In the basic version of the game, players take the roles of prominent figures in the remainder of humanity working toward the goal of reaching Kobol, the first step on the long road toward the legendary planet Earth. However, hidden among their ranks are Cylon infiltrators, who seek to end humanity for once and for all. The Pegasus expansion adds a new scenario following the second leg of humanity’s journey, to the settlement of New Caprica and the subsequent escape after the Cylons discover and occupy the planet. Pegasus joins the fleet to provide support and additional options, and the new role of Cylon Leader is introduced, whose goals may differ from their fellow Cylons. The following rules apply all new situations and rules introduced in the Pegasus Expansion. For rules that apply solely to the base set, look to one of the older games.

Rules and Utilities

Base Set Rules, from the publisher's website
Pegasus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
FAQ and Errata, from the publisher’s website
Player Aid 1 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek
Player Aid 2 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek

Notes and Guidelines for this play-by-post game:
Spoiler:

The Board
Spoiler:

General Game Flow and Victory Conditions
Spoiler:

Character Selection
Spoiler:

Human (and Unrevealed Cylon) Game Turn
Spoiler:

Revealing as a Cylon
Spoiler:

Revealed Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Cylon Leader and Sympathetic Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Admiral / President
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Executions
Spoiler:

Skill Checks
Spoiler:

MrBlarney on
chirisigtext.png

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Skill Cards
    Spoiler:

Activating Cylon Ships
    Spoiler:

Combat Table
    Spoiler:

Jumping
    Spoiler:

New Caprica
    Spoiler:

Cast of Characters
    Spoiler:

Original OP taken from Akinos/Darian, modified by MrBlarney, including Pegasus Expansion rules.

chirisigtext.png
    edited September 2009
    Starring Cast (Players)

Doctorstrongbad as helena-cain.png [Military Leader] Helena Cain (revealed on Turn 21)
    Spoiler:
    DevoutlyApathetic as cavil.png [Cylon Leader] Cavil
    Spoiler:
    Arivia as tom-zarek.png [Political Leader] Tom Zarek
    Spoiler:
    pablo_price as louanne-katraine.png [Pilot] Louanne "Kat" Katraine (revealed on Turn 18)
    Spoiler:
    Hylianbunny (Turn 1-25) / Darian (Turn 25+) as gaius-baltar.png [Political Leader] Gaius Baltar
    Spoiler:
    Thanatos as anastasia-dualla.png [Support] Anastasia "Dee" Dualla
    Spoiler:
    Varcayn as lee-adama.png [Pilot] Lee "Apollo" Adama
    Spoiler:

Reserves:
    Plutonium
    Buzz Buzz
    simonwolf
    Infidel

Previously on Battlestar Galactica...

Casting Call

Turn 00: Game Setup | Pegasus and Galactica have joined forces together, and continue their long journey toward Earth...

Turn 01: Helena Cain | Crisis: Keep Tabs on Visitor | Cain orders a strike on the Basestar from the Pegasus CIC, destroying the enemy ship. A report of a suspicious person within the fleet is written off as mere paranoia; fortunately, nothing negative comes of it.
    Turn 02: Cavil | Crisis: Cylon Tracking Device | Cavil decides to visit the human fleet, bringing along with him a present. The tracking device hidden in the fleet brings in a new Basestar to their location.
    Turn 03: Tom Zarek | Crisis: Prison Labor | Zarek gives Cain control of the situation again, and the opposing Basestar is damaged again, but so is Pegasus. A labor dispute between the fleet and the prison population is successfully defused.
    Turn 04: Louanne "Kat" Katraine | Crisis: Heavy Assault | Kat launches in a viper to engage the vipers threatening the civilian ships when a new Basestar jumps in to cause some damage.
    Turn 05: Gaius Baltar | Crisis: Colonial Day | Baltar moves to Colonial One to try and draw up some plans for the future, when one of his advisors comes up with an idea to raise morale in the fleet. Colonial day goes off without a hitch, raising the fleet's spirits, despite the continued siege from the surrounding Basestars.
    Turn 06: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla | Crisis: Food Hoarding in the Fleet | Dee works the fleet communications to move civilian ships out of harms' way. Fears of food and water shortages results in hoarding within the fleet; the situation does not resolve as planned, resulting in the loss of morale and life.
    Turn 07: Lee "Apollo" Adama | Crisis: Water Sabotaged | Lee moves to support Kat, blasting away the Raiders behind Galactica. Noticing the continuing loss of water from the previous basestar attack, the fleet works together to make sure the damage is quickly contained.
    Turn 08: Helena Cain | Crisis: Rescue Mission | The Admiral joins a Raptor crew to scout for a good fleet destination, but an accident sends her to sickbay. The fleet jumps to an asteroid belt, where Scar is waiting...

Turn 09: Cavil | Crisis: Build Cylon Detector | Cavil tinkers with the equipment in Baltar's research lab, while Cain validate's Baltar's request for a nuclear warhead to develop a better Cylon detector.
    Turn 10: Tom Zarek | Crisis: Prisoner Revolt | Zarek gives Baltar the suggestion to work some politics, and Baltar draws up some plans of action with the Quorum. A threatening prisoner revolt is resolved peacefully.
    Turn 11: Louanne "Kat" Katraine | Crisis: Water Shortage | Kat launches in a Viper and aids a Raptor scout, while water shortages require time and energy to plan new rationing schedules.
    Turn 12: Gaius Baltar | Crisis: A Verdict of Guilty | Baltar continues to work the quorum and consults with one of the oracles, while sabotage damages Galactica and Pegasus.
    Turn 13: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla | Crisis: Legendary Discovery | Dee oversees the repairs for Galactica, and a chance discovery leads the fleet closer to their destination.
    Turn 14: Lee "Apollo" Adama | Crisis: Assassination Plot | Apollo works with a Raptor crew to find a good destination for the fleet's next jump, while feelings of treachery spread as word of an assassination plot goes out.
    Turn 15: Helena Cain | Crisis: An Offer of Peace | Cain leaves sickbay to inspect Baltar's research lab, while a cylon transmission brings suspicion and doubt to the fleet.
    Turn 16: Cavil | Crisis: The Black Market | Cavil continues to quietly work aboard Galactica, and an underground organization runs rampant through the fleet. The fleet jumps to an icy moon to resupply, and sleeper agents begin to awaken...

Turn 17: Tom Zarek | Crisis: Review Galactica's Log | Zarek plans for future problems in the fleet, and Admiral Cain is caught up in investigations into the battlestars' logs.
    Turn 18: Louanne "Kat" Katraine | Kat moves to a secluded part of Galactica and sets off a massive explosion that damages Galactica's port-side.
    Turn 19: Gaius Baltar | Crisis: Jump Computer Failure | Gaius Baltar leads an effort to get everyone recovered from the explosion on Galactica, and problems with the jump computers are resolved quickly.
    Turn 20: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla | Crisis: The Guardians | Dee gets back to repair duty, when a mysterious Basestar jumps in and takes hostages.
    Turn 21: Lee "Apollo" Adama | Crisis: Ambush | The Admiral's Quarters is employed twice to attempt to send Cavil and Cain to the Brig, but they kill each other, moving to the Resurrection Ship. The distraction has allowed more Cylon ships to jump in to harass the fleet.
    Turn 22: Helena Cain | Cain awakens on the resurrection ship and immediately commands the Raiders to being their assault.
    Turn 23: Cavil | Cavil joins Cain in commanding the Raider swarms, cutting through many civilian ships and threatening the rest.
    Turn 24: Tom Zarek | Crisis: Declare Martial Law | Pegasus' guns are turned towards the raiders approaching the civilian ships, and Lee Adama declares martial law.
    Turn 25: Louanne "Kat" Katraine | Super Crisis: The Farm | Kat takes a team of Cylon crafts to steal away a civilian vessel from the human fleet for research purposes.
    Turn 26: Gaius Baltar | Crisis: Crash Landing | Baltar moves to Galactica to help with repairs to the Hangar Deck, but an accident there results in the loss of precious fuel.
    Turn 27: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla | Crisis: Low Supplies | Dee directs the Viper squads into position to protect the civilians from the incoming Cylons. Concerns over low supplies reduces the fleet's morale.
    Turn 28: Lee "Apollo" Adama | Crisis: Besieged | Apollo begins to clean up the attacking Raiders, but Cylon reinforcements have come in to continue the pressure on the human fleet.
    Turn 29: Helena Cain | Cain continues to direct the Raiders' attacks and cuts through the last of the human defenses.
    Turn 30: Cavil | Cavil takes advantage of the situation to aggressively rush Centurion boarding parties into Galactica.
    Turn 31: Tom Zarek (Arivia) | Crisis: Rescue Caprica Survivors | Zarek and Baltar prepare to defend Galactica from the invading Centurions and supplies are spent to support and reassure the fleet.
    Turn 32: Louanne "Kat" Katraine | Kat begins to press the Centurion boarders toward the interior parts of Galactica.
    Turn 33: Gaius Baltar | Crisis: Unidentified Ship | The damaged access to the armory is finally repaired. DRADIS suffers a temporary glitch that causes a civilian ship to appear as an unknown, but the problem is fixed quickly before anything worse occurs.
    Turn 34: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla | Crisis: Elections Loom | Apollo is released from Sickbay in time to help Galactica's defense, while rumors of an upcoming election are quickly squashed.
    Turn 35: Lee "Apollo" Adama | Crisis: Witch Hunt | The continuing attacks on the advancing Centurions are unsuccessful as the Cylon boarding parties begin to break through the last of the human defenses.
    Turn 36: Helena Cain | Cain leads the final charge into Galactica, securing it for the Cylon forces.

Cylon Victory has been achieved on Turn 36 via Centurion Boarding Party!

Cylon Leader Victory with the Show Their True Nature agenda!

Game Replay

PA-BSG-GameP02-Replay.gif

chirisigtext.png
    edited September 2009
    Casting Call

There will be a 24-hour sign-up period for this Battlestar Galactica: the Board Game - Pegasus Expansion Play-by-Post game. Seven players will be chosen at random from among all those who sign up in lime. Preference will be given to the following groups:
    • Previous BSG:BG PbP Hosts (Weight +5)
    • Previous BSG:BG PbP players (Weight +3)
    • Players who are not currently playing in any BSG:BG PbP game (Weight +3)

Membership in one of these groups increases ones' "weight", multiple group satisfactions increases the "weight" further (base weight is 2). Probabilities of draw are based on ones' total "weight".

chirisigtext.png
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !signup

Not currently in a game. Have played before.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i don't care i'd rather sink -- than swipe right for bradRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Previous player, currently in the Epic un-expanded game

• Giant MothGiant Moth Registered User
    edited September 2009

Currently in the epic Pegasus game.

• PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Not currently in a game.
    Previous player.
    Hosted an IRC game.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spoiler:

Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

PSN: QuipFilter
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User
    edited September 2009

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Haven't played in a game on here in quite some time (and not currently in one), though I have played before.

• BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up

I am not playing in any BSG games here, and have not actually played before (IRL or otherwise).

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !yes please +3

Would love to try out the expansion- am currently in Valkun's epic game, and have played in a few of these before.

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Not currently in a game, Previous player. + 6

• iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited September 2009
    !Sign Up

Previously played a game. Hosted previous IRC Games (Nosaji counted them!).

• PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well if hosting IRC games counts, then I'm also in the +5. I also bought your copy of BSG for you, and drove you to pick up Pegasus. So there.

That's like +infinity.

Now I feel super special.

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up

Only played while with people at PAX.

TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

• pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up

Previous player and GM.

currently in darian's perpetual game of mostly inactives though

Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User
    edited September 2009
    !sign up

Currently Cyloning it up and stealing cookies in Osvik's game.

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !sign up

Previous player and GM.

:(

That game really should have ended by now.

edited September 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    !sign up

Previous player and GM.

I would blame hellbunny and the 'what do you guys think I should do?' *Crickets* playstyle of team human.

But Darian sent me my caprica draw twice so I can't say anything. :(

• TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !signup +3 application in for the RP game. If I get in that one, i'll have two games and won't need a third. So I'll give up any spot in this one if I get it.

"Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android:Netrunner, FFXIV (PS4), Star Realms
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited September 2009

Currently in the epic Pegasus game.
    Have played 2 pbp games on here and reserved into a 3rd one around sleeper or so.

Spoiler:
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    !sign up

Previous player and GM.

Do you need a reserve? You know i'm always down to fill in for whoever.

Spoiler:
    edited September 2009
    You know, I just realized that my selection method doesn't make a whole lot of sense. *shrug* It is what it is, and sometimes things in life are just random and arbitrary. Whatever. The dice will fall how they will, and there will be plenty of opportunities for others to get their game on.

Sign-ups end in a bit over 12 hours. Get in while you can.

chirisigtext.png
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2009
    ugh

I want to play in this but I have a feeling that a) I should probably play vanilla first and b) there's likely a handful of spoilers for the rest of season 2. But but executing people as Caiiiiiiin...

huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    You know, I just realized that my selection method doesn't make a whole lot of sense. *shrug* It is what it is, and sometimes things in life are just random and arbitrary. Whatever. The dice will fall how they will, and there will be plenty of opportunities for others to get their game on.

Really the only questionable bit is the "Played a game before" bit and even that makes some sense, it's just not a good thing if that becomes habitual. The scenario where you can't take part unless you've already taken part previously is the whole Catch-22 thing and prone to cliquish drama.

• pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    most GMs save spots for newbies though.

IMO it makes sense to want experienced players for a larger/cylon-leader-having game

Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh

I want to play in this but I have a feeling that a) I should probably play vanilla first and b) there's likely a handful of spoilers for the rest of season 2. But but executing people as Caiiiiiiin...

You should be okay with most spoilers since they will likely just be a name of a crisis and then an effect. Then later on when you watch the show you may kind of get whats happening before it actually happens, except for a few outright spoilers...

edited September 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Really the only questionable bit is the "Played a game before" bit and even that makes some sense, it's just not a good thing if that becomes habitual. The scenario where you can't take part unless you've already taken part previously is the whole Catch-22 thing and prone to cliquish drama.

That said the vast majority of games give new players a higher chance of getting in, which is awesome if you're new, but sucks for the majority of the players.

edited September 2009
    I'm going to restate that my objection is that if it became habitual. It certainly isn't at the moment.

Edit: And objection is even too strong a word. Blarney was saying it made no sense where I intended to respond that it only has potential negative effects. Even then, two of the three I agree with completely.

edited September 2009
    Yeah, it was a point I was mulling over for a while. On one hand, it's nice to get new people into the game, give them a chance to play a PbP. On the other hand, this is an expansion game and I would prefer more veteran players to make the game run more smoothly. (Though I do admit this tends not to be much of a problem after a couple time around the table.) So I'm favoring the latter hand, though in a bit of an extreme fashion and phrased in a slightly unfriendly way. As the game gets more exposure and practice, I can see slots being allotted in a more fair, even fashion for all, but for an early game, I kind of want to favor those who have been around longer.

chirisigtext.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sure, I'll toss in.

Have run and played a game in the past, and am playing currently.

• TehSlothTehSloth Looking for a girl who hates everything that I hate Except meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ugh

Yeah, I played saturday as Cain, I was all gung-ho about kiliing people right and left!

I still regret that I didn't kill anyone, it totally bugs me, but blind jump is pretty much awesome.

Also, I'll totally !Sign up

Haven't played online at all, but I've played quite a few regular games and 1 so far with the expansion.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I played this once a bit ago on IRC, if that counts at all (and I won, that counts for double, right!?). So not in any current games then, of course.

3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    ugh

Yeah, I played saturday as Cain, I was all gung-ho about kiliing people right and left!

I still regret that I didn't kill anyone, it totally bugs me, but blind jump is pretty much awesome.

Also, I'll totally !Sign up

Haven't played online at all, but I've played quite a few regular games and 1 so far with the expansion.

exactly, I was like hell I don't know who I actually like on this series OH GOD YES YOU. Frakk it, sign up. I've got a weight of 2, but at least I tried.

huntresssig.jpg
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Total n00b !signup

(One day... one of these days, I will no longer be a n00b. And there will be a glorious party celebrating it. Preceded by a parade.)

edited September 2009
    Casting is closed.

Actors / players will be announced shortly.

chirisigtext.png