As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The People's Democratic Thread of Tropico 3.

13»

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The game only tells you to build two farms and then gives you periodic advice

It's good advice, but basically, build a shitload of housing first and you get a big score/happiness bonus (over 40% happiness in regard to housing is a 250 pt bonus or something) then build a few restuarants/pubs, then focus on having plenty of places for people to work

I set the wage for all unedecated workers to 12 and the rent on everything to 0, so they can afford to patronize pubs and stuff which in turn makes them happier

it's easy to build a church or two but I haven't decided if it's easier to that or just build a police station and a prison

i suspect the former is easier because they both require high-school graduates which you have to import for at least the first decade

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no wonder you're in debt, fandy

i get wages and rent low, had happiness around 54% and didn't have any protests as soon as I got industry going and never went into debt

you also gotta be sure to have a church and a high school and a college and an armory and an army base and a police station and a secret police station unless you're roleplayin a guy that wouldn't have some of that stuff

you playin this game like a fool

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I will never build any churches on my island on the basis that Religion Is Opium For The Masses

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've been trying to play it the way my dictator would, generally

I had one dude that just put everyone who protested down with soldiers that made tons of money and everyone else was dying north korea style

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    also why isn't anyone talking about the second demo level, that one was way more fun

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree

I made lots of duckets minin' that iron

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I agree

I made lots of duckets minin' that iron

Don't forget the gold, the island was pretty weird though. It was just a "here build two iron mines then do whatever the hell you want" sandbox.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    the problem was that it was like "here build two mines and then do whatever you want" but then there wasn't enough time to make enough money off the mines to do anything interesting.

I never even finished my army base!

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    it really was super fast

I was starting to make a sweet militaristic city and it was all "YOU DID IT!" and I was like "man what"

The End

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Did you guys build the mines on top of the deposits or next to it? I assumed that since your guys walk onto the rocks to mine them you have to build it next to it since it doesn't have tunnels and shit under it.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png