As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Poopstation Tripe

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I rented RE5 the other day. I'm having fun with it but I'm glad I didn't spend full price on it.

My favorite part so far was when I got attacked by zombies on motorcycles.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So did anyone get into the MAG beta

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    I drove past Bioware on the way to our office in Nisku this morning. I was like "Ha, suckers".

Please send me a free copy of the game.

If you drive past at the right time, you can see me walking into work!

It was really fucking cold this morning, at least compared to what I'm used to.

If I'm headed down to Nisku (rarely), it's always for a goddamn 6:30 am field meeting. Who schedules meetings for 6 am? Ukranian workaholics.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    I had a pretty awesome moment in air superiority yesterday where I out maneuvered a zero in my cosair. Barely avoiding death.

But holy fuck the scout's dynamite throwing in this game will never cease to piss me off. I throw the fucking dynamite and see it on the ground but when I try blowing it up it will not work
    fuck

I'm still not really any good at flying, I feel like the bombs are extremely underpowered and you basically need to hit a dude in the face with one to kill him. Same with the tank's main gun.

And I had the dynamite problem for ages, then it went away totally

now it's back :x

#pipe on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't kill shit with a plane.

I like the flying, but damn if I'm hitting anything with guns or bombs.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah I pretty much use the planes to fly to control points and parachute out

or if I'm having shitty luck on the ground and feel like changing it up for a bit

#pipe on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bombs are pretty much straight up anti-tank. Explosions do not fucking kill people and it is kind of annoying.

My favorite use for planes is being the first person ready on wake island and taking a plane out to sink the other sides transports. I usually get one, two if I am really lucky.

But seriously, surviving that dogfight made me so proud. I had to pull off some crazy shit and I wish I'd seen it from the outside.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I still haven't got my head around how much lead time to give bombs, it doesn't help that it's basically impossible to see whether they hit early or late

plus sometimes the bombs are just fucking invisible

#pipe on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I need a mouse or joystick for planes. just for tiny little adjustments to your aim that are hard to do with two tiny analog sticks

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Flying a plane is super easy for me. Bombing is still kind of hard. I just try to go in at as steep an angle as I can. If you are going straight down, you know where your bombs are going

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    known as divebombing in some circles.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    known as divebombing in some circles.

Stop making up words.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I do what I want

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    why don't more console FPS/strat games support the keyboard/mouse set ups?

The systems work fine with them, and the games that choose to allow it (like UT3) play just dandy with them.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    who has the uncharted demo?

let's team up

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    because it would be unfair for the dudes who play with the inferior method

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I finally got the leatherneck stamp in 1943!

I've been stalking that damn stamp for weeks but I killed the fuck out of that round, right before my team won I shot a recoiless rifle round down a hill and killed three dudes and stamps were like
    DING
    DING
    DING
    DING

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wimble wrote: »
    because it would be unfair for the dudes who play with the inferior method

if you don't have a keyboard/mouse anywhere in your house then you deserve to get stomped

seriously

I can't think of a single person I know that does not own a computer

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited September 2009
    well surely you can understand that not everyone wants to sit in the position a keyboard and mouse requires.

Also I'd assume the console maker dudes want their controller to be a viable thing to use

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah, i really don't want to sit on my ps3 and play kb/m controls, and i'm not at all disappointed that more games don't make that possible

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not saying it should be the only option.

I'm saying it should be an option.

It's just a much better layout for those types of games.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Mr. G wrote: »

my brother did, he seems to enjoy it

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mr. G wrote: »

my brother did, he seems to enjoy it

I am super curious to see how it performs when the games are close to full.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I'm not saying it should be the only option.

I'm saying it should be an option.

It's just a much better layout for those types of games.

It is absolutely better and I understand where people are coming from when they say that it should be possible and that shit like keyboard/mouse only servers and controller only servers would solve the problem, but I assume that microsurf and soonie have researched this a bunch and decided that it would fuck them over somehow because of segregation and what have you

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It isn't a matter of people having an keyboard and mouse, it's a matter of using a keyboard and mouse in an FPS is a huge advantage over people using traditional controllers.

If you want to use a keyboard and mouse use a fucking PC.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    that's what we said

god blaket, geez, jesus, oh jeeze, maaan, golly gee

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

Oh god not this old chestnut

Maybe I want to pay 300 bucks for something with like a guaranteed 5 year lifespan that everything will run just peachy on and yet can still recognize that a keyboard/mouse option for certain games would be quite a nice thing to have.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited September 2009
    man if you want to play instruments, get a real guitar

that one sucks even more

because I don't want to play instruments

I want to click buttons to a rhythm with friends

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »

Oh god not this old chestnut

Maybe I want to pay 300 bucks for something with like a guaranteed 5 year lifespan that everything will run just peachy on and yet can still recognize that a keyboard/mouse option for certain games would be quite a nice thing to have.

Well you can't, for all the reasns everyone has already listed.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree that it would be nice to play console FPSes with a keyboard and mouse

but the balance issue against a normal controller is inconsolable.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I hated playing CoD4 with the ps3 controller at first but I got used to it eventually.

Also pipe, gimme a time you are going to be playing Bf1943 sometime so we can play together. Although I am not sure we will actually be able to work together.

Teamwork seems nigh impossible in that game, I was on wake island and 3 of the landing craft were taken by single people who jumped in and just rushed, with a bunch of people standing right there waiting to get in.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Teamwork seems nigh impossible in that game, I was on wake island and 3 of the landing craft were taken by single people who jumped in and just rushed, with a bunch of people standing right there waiting to get in.

that is how chumps play.

do you have a headset? If I invite you into my squad it's pretty easy to get some good teamwork going, just always spawn on eachother.

When do you usually play? I can get on in the morning one day this weekend for your evening?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I haven't online gamed in ages.

Maybe I should try this.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    #pipe wrote: »

that is how chumps play.

do you have a headset? If I invite you into my squad it's pretty easy to get some good teamwork going, just always spawn on eachother.

When do you usually play? I can get on in the morning one day this weekend for your evening?

I don't have a headset :((.

I usually play after 5pm here. It really depends because some days I spend all day on campus.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    well, unless something changes, look for me at say 8 on friday night?

#pipe on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really have nothing against playing with a controller, but only if the game was specifically designed for it. PC games that get ported to consoles always have super shitty controls.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I thiink I have a thing to be at then. I will probably just have to hop on next time I see you online.

edit: Also you guys need to get CoD4, everyone has it for the xbox. But I have nobody to play with. I got really good a while ago, but haven't played in so long I am bad again and need to get used to the controls.

Artreus on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so excited for uncharted 2
    so so excited

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I can't afford it and really want to borrow it from a fool.

Artreus on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so excited
    so so excited

Zoolander on
This discussion has been closed.