As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

External Enclosures

PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again!Registered User regular
So now that I have a new PC, it's time that I got rid of my old laptop. However, I was thinking about putting the hard drive into an external enclosure and using it as an extra hard drive. It's an 80 gig hard drive from a Dell Inspiron 6000. Any advice on what kind of enclosure to buy?

Steam ID:
steam_sig.png
The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
PunkBoy on

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cheap generic $5 plastic enclosures will all work, just check if your hard drive is IDE or SATA.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I looked on Dell for what a replacement hard drive would be and it says it would be "Ultra ATA." I guess that means IDE?

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes, it does.

Daedalus on