As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pain don't hurt, little hand says it's time to rock and roll, SWAYZE IS DEAD

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have no problem with Leno calling Kanye out like that, dude's been a major douche for quite some time.

Abracadaniel on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    WME co-CEO Dave Wirtschafter represents both Kanye West and Taylor Swift...

So like if you didn't know this was a publicity stunt from the start ala Emenim getting Borat's balls in his face then joke's on you?

GRMike on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah. I'm not defending the guy. He is a jackass. I'm just sayin'.

Just sayin'

The_Scarab on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There was no way this was a publicity stunt.

DrZiplock on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Except for the fact they have the same publicist.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    Right. I got that.

It means exactly jack shit.

DrZiplock on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Yeah I don't buy that either. Kanye is always bitching about himself or someone he wants not getting an award.

Also, the Eminem/Bruno thing was revealed to be a stunt in less than 24 hours as it was impossible for it to be anything else.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    if that was a publicity stunt it was so fucking genius we all need to submit now and do whatever PR firms tell us to.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited September 2009
    Zip, that is some naivety you got there.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    Though to be fair, I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Presuming that Kanye wanted a new edgier public image, everyone in this thing came out looking great.

The_Scarab on
    edited September 2009
    we all need to submit now and do whatever PR firms tell us to.

This, however, is a notion I can get behind.

On bended knee before me now, plebes.

DrZiplock on
    edited September 2009
    Butters wrote: »

Yeah I don't buy that either. Kanye is always bitching about himself or someone he wants not getting an award.

Also, the Eminem/Bruno thing was revealed to be a stunt in less than 24 hours as it was impossible for it to be anything else.

the only defense I can muster for either of these things being real is do you believe any of these people are that good at acting?

For that I turn to Kanye on Leno. He looked pretty taken aback and somber at that question.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    Zip, that is some naivety you got there.

Aside from your same publicist theory, you got anything else in your conspiracy file that backs you up?

DrZiplock on
    edited September 2009
    Taylor Swift looks like a victim. Sells her Albums. Kayne West continues the wildcard semi-retarded antics. Sells his albums.

WME has two of there HUGE clients on the minds and lips of every talk show and facebook post for the next week and a half. Mo' money.

I'd say the two people involved having the SAME public representation is a big fucking piece of evidence.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Though to be fair, I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Presuming that Kanye wanted a new edgier public image, everyone in this thing came out looking great.

Well if the Leno thing is part of that or a comeback with a softer, gentler Kanye then that is all ready to go.

Here's what you do Kanye, go out and be a such a jackass that it gets the nation's rapt attention, Leno's going to bring you back down to earth hard using your mom, you come back and do your public appearances with that softer more generous air that we've been working on.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    WME co-CEO Dave Wirtschafter represents both Kanye West and Taylor Swift...

So like if you didn't know this was a publicity stunt from the start ala Emenim getting Borat's balls in his face then joke's on you?

I dunno, that's kinda like saying that the government was behind plane-striking both the WTC and the Pentagon, just because they're both in america.
    Yes, I did just compare this Kanye West thing to 911, but in my defence, I'm more than a little sleep deprived, at the moment.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited September 2009
    Thank god I read your spoiler.

Also, this is the most I've even thought about this situation all week and I don't plan on wasting any more time on it.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    Taylor Swift looks like a victim. Sells her Albums. Kayne West continues the wildcard semi-retarded antics. Sells his albums.

WME has two of there HUGE clients on the minds and lips of every talk show and facebook post for the next week and a half. Mo' money.

I'd say the two people involved having the SAME public representation is a big fucking piece of evidence.

Beyonce also manages to look like the queen of grace and poise after inviting Swift back up, Leno scores 18 million viewers with Kanye (booked well in advance of this) on his first show.

MTV VMAs get massive attention, score huge ratings build interest for next year. There is not one single soul that is walking away from this any worse for wear.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009

the only defense I can muster for either of these things being real is do you believe any of these people are that good at acting?

For that I turn to Kanye on Leno. He looked pretty taken aback and somber at that question.

Well if it was a stunt I find it unlikely Leno would be in on it. The dude has plenty of money and he pretty much does what he wants.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited September 2009

Beyonce also manages to look like the queen of grace and poise after inviting Swift back up, Leno scores 18 million viewers with Kanye (booked well in advance of this) on his first show.

Whether it was arranged or not, everyone involved in this entire fuckup has come out with more money and more fame.

I mean shit, the fucking President of the United States of America called Kanye West a jackass. You can't buy that kind of publicity.

The_Scarab on
    edited September 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Presuming that Kanye wanted a new edgier public image

Kanye can't outdo his RS cover in that regard. His image is plenty edgy.
    90752161_969a5e842f.jpg

Butters on
    edited September 2009

Well if it was a stunt I find it unlikely Leno would be in on it. The dude has plenty of money and he pretty much does what he wants.

but NBC can always use another 18 million viewers. All Leno has to do is play along and he gets cred for calling out Kanye West.

Also I mean, Kanye also has plenty of money, but everyone can always use more if they've got the balls to do something like this.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    Yea, WME is one of the largest talent companies in the world. Their roster is deep, really deep. So having two people involved in something newsworthy that both just happen to be on their client list isn't anything special.

Still going with there is no way that this was staged.

DrZiplock on
    edited September 2009
    Going back to the Eminem/Bruno thing again, it would be in Eminem's best interest to go with the "it was staged" thing so he doesn't look like a prick again.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Guys, I have a hypothesis:

Kanye West needs to be shot in the face

I know it's somewhat radical, but I am confident that I have devised a very effective way to test this hypothesis

Grey Ghost on
    edited September 2009
    Has he never not looked like a prick?

Edit: Not Kayne, Eminem.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    Has he never not looked like a prick?

Edit: Not Kayne, Eminem.

That Elton John thing helped a lot, I think.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't only referring to his gay bashing.

GRMike on
    edited September 2009
    Going back to the Eminem/Bruno thing again, it would be in Eminem's best interest to go with the "it was staged" thing so he doesn't look like a prick again.

No it was in everyone's best interest to go with the "it was staged" thing because it would have been sexual assault had it not been.

Butters on
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I know it's somewhat radical, but I am confident that I have devised a very effective way to test this hypothesis

I believe this is something that I can easily get behind. GRMike, shall we shake hands on this proposed notion and call it a day?

DrZiplock on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2009
    There is no way the Kanye thing wasn't about publicity.

Unknown User on
    edited September 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    There is no way the Kanye thing wasn't about publicity.

no i think the question is whether or not Beyonce, Taylor Swift, MTV, NBC or some combination thereof was also involved. I don't think anyone is under the impression that Kanye was acting out of passion for Beyonce's art.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I believe this is something that I can easily get behind. GRMike, shall we shake hands on this proposed notion and call it a day?

Why not. I'll get the first round.

Edit: of drinks... I'm a pacifist.

GRMike on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    why would anyone think this kanye thing was staged. he does this shit all the time. that's just who he is. he also had drank half a bottle of henny by that point.

satansfingers on
    edited September 2009
    why would anyone think this kanye thing was staged. he does this shit all the time. that's just who he is. he also had drank half a bottle of henny by that point.

apparently in close ups the bottle he was "drinking" from was still capped.

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    it went in at one level and left at another

he was drunk when he jumped on stage after justice won their award too

satansfingers on
    edited September 2009
    it went in at one level and left at another

he was drunk when he jumped on stage after justice won their award too

DFCB31BB-2897-8614-EB95-9D709009E439.jpg

babyeatingjesus on
    edited September 2009
    if you have never gotten drunk and then proceeded to repeatedly attempt to drink from a bottle that turned out to have the cap on, you are a better man than i

satansfingers on
    edited September 2009
    I don't think anyone is under the impression that Kanye was acting out of passion for Beyonce's art.

No but Kanye has a complaint at every award show he's at even when he wins. He's the type a guy that would be personally insulted because he thinks Beyonce should have won and MTV's judges or viewers or whatever don't agree with him.

Butters on
    edited September 2009
    I love you satans.

GRMike on