Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Transporting pets from FL to NJ... Watched homeward bound but my cats are not mj fox

maverickpixelmaverickpixel Registered User
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So we are moving from the septic tank that is Orlando(FL) to the garden state (NJ). My fiancee and I both have cars and we will be taking the auto train from sanford fl to the DC area in Virgina. To my knowledge animals/cats cannot be aboard the auto train. So we are looking for more options on how to get these furballs up north.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

and as-per cat thread rules

here is laser

cat1.jpg

And libbi

cat2.jpg

maverickpixel on

• LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You might try Operation Roger. It's a group of animal loving truckers who transport animals for a small donation to their non-profit group. I don't know if they do private transport as well as rescues, but it's worth checking into.

Otherwise, perhaps you can fly them by airline and "meet" them in New Jersey. The only tricky part I see with that is making sure that you're already in NJ when they arrive at the airport . . . Perhaps you could go to NJ first and your girlfriend could hang back in FL and send them on the flight after you've reached NJ.

Edit: Also, d'awwwwww!

• KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://petairways.com/

Only for pets. I've heard good things but it hasn't been around that long.

Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • LautermilchLautermilch Registered User
    edited September 2009
    LadyM wrote: »
    You might try Operation Roger. It's a group of animal loving truckers who transport animals for a small donation to their non-profit group. I don't know if they do private transport as well as rescues, but it's worth checking into.

Otherwise, perhaps you can fly them by airline and "meet" them in New Jersey. The only tricky part I see with that is making sure that you're already in NJ when they arrive at the airport . . . Perhaps you could go to NJ first and your girlfriend could hang back in FL and send them on the flight after you've reached NJ.

Edit: Also, d'awwwwww!

A few months ago a number of airlines stopped pets being on board. amtrak and Greyhound do not allow anything but service animals.

Thinning The Herd
    http://thintheherd.info
    An H1N1/Swine Flu Pandemic Forum