As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Issues with PS2 contoller as PC gamepad

IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mightyand facepalm.Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So a few years ago I picked up a PlayStation-to-USB adapter from Radio Shack. While my old stick-less PS1 controller is almost all I could've asked for, I have discovered that hooking up my PS2 controller and turning on the Analog function allows the sticks to be used - the left as a regular stick, and the right as a combination throttle and z-axis.

However, the right stick has an issue: The throttle function is assigned to the left-right while the z-axis is up-down, instead of the other way around. This has been a major issue when playing X-COM Interceptor (the closest thing I have to Wing Commander right now) as pushing up makes me roll left and pushing right makes me throttle down.

Are there any utilities that can translate one joypad input method into another? Specifically, inverting the z-axis and/or throttle, as well as switching the two, will enable me to enter Flight Sim Nirvana. As always, any help in this matter would be appreciated!

steam_sig.png
Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
Backlog Challenge List
Ianator on

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd try finagling some sort of workable configuration out of joy2key.

Dehumanized on