As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 2 : Seriously.

1575859606163»

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I know when I hop on, there's usually a good crowd between 9-12 EST. I've been busy lately, though, and I know that a lot of people have been playing Borderlands and now are probably going to be playing Dragon Age, to be followed by the crazed glut of games the rest of the month.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I tend to play at random times honestly. I always hop in the chat room though and can at least get a duo going on. Yeah the amount of big titles comming out lately have caused the population to dwindle a bit. Honestly was expecting more of a turn out for the double cash weekend we just had.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm usually on early evening or late evening.

Last night I was playing gold rush / survivor co-op with random match-ups.

I had to keep quitting around round three because they were idiots.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I mean at this point the game has been out for a few weeks. Who doesn't realize that you can shoot as many mans as you want but if you don't bring the treasure home you're going to get 0 points?

I'm still annoyed.

adytum on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm finally ekeing out some progress in UC1. Woo hoo.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've been playing through my PS3 backlog but when I do I'm normally in the chatroom. I saw CoJoe pop in last night but mostly I was in there by myself I think. So if anyone sees me playing another game but I'm in the room go ahead and ping me to party-up.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had to stop hanging out in there if I wasn't actually going to play UC2 yet.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Since this is reaching the limit of posts and The_Scarab is not here right now (in Korea) who will take over the new topic responsibilities?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DJDeeJayDJDeeJay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Adding my name to the player list, "DJDeeJay". I've only really been doing deathmatch thus far, and it'll probably be another week before I have a headset, but I'm all for gaming with some PA-ers!

DJDeeJay on
    FrozenMonk.png
  • Options
    DJDeeJayDJDeeJay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Algertman wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    Oh shit. Imagine if we get Pilgrim and Indian skins for Thanksgiving?

Who's good and who's evil? Imagine the shitstorm that would cause.

EXACTLY!

Also when they release new content we need more death match modes. Crossbow mode!

I consider the fact that the Crossbow, along with the MP40 machine gun, were not included in Multiplayer a sin.

What I would really like to see is competitive modes and weapon modes divorced. A Pistol & Grenades Turf War match would make me a happy man.

I find sound plays a huge role in the multiplayer (damn those skeleton ninjas, no women on the villain = easy notice, etc.) and crossbows would be a serious pain to trace to the origin. Or they're just waiting to implement them in DC.

DJDeeJay on
    FrozenMonk.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I'm up to lvl 30 in multiplayer, and I had my first deathmatch with nice people :shock:

It should be noted I've been only playing deathmatch. Since I fear the other modes... ;o

Egos on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    is there a hard limit to a group of 3?

xta on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    xta wrote: »

For co-op, three is the max. I'm not sure if you can play with 2, or if they'll always find y'all a third.

I haven't really looked into the cinema / machinima modes yet, but I do know that co-op isn't recorded, which is a shame. I was co-oping last night with two randoms ranked lower than my pathetic lvl 8 (I think they were 1 and 2). Playing the village, they kept dying, leaving me to attempt to fight back the waves by myself. We were on our last try, all still alive somehow, and we finally get to the part where you blow up the door with the RPG. As I'm shooting it at the door, both of my teammates walk right in front of me, exploding the RPG right in our faces, killing all three of us.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DJDeeJay wrote: »
    I find sound plays a huge role in the multiplayer (damn those skeleton ninjas, no women on the villain = easy notice, etc.) and crossbows would be a serious pain to trace to the origin. Or they're just waiting to implement them in DC.

See, that's the beauty of it: Being able to headshot someone from across the stage and only make a little twang sound would be sweet. The problem with sniper rifles is that everyone can hear that damned thing, which makes disappearing after firing a little diffcult.

I'm sure crossbows are coming, it's just a matter of time...

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's the point, the loud firing sound and tracer balance the sniper rifle for being a really powerful (potentially) one hit kill weapon. Same with the grenade launcher. Having a just as powerful silent weapon? Not quite as fair

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The crossbow flies rather slowly, though; it's not as fast as a bullet. It's harder to notice in single where the dudes don't move as drastically.

Also, someone should just copy the OP we have now and make a new thread. We've got 1 post after mine until we hit pg 101.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    We need the old photo's back for the next OP.

Where Nathan and Elena are in the office setting.

That would be nice.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I'm curious , in regards to the love interest
    were some people rooting for Chloe to get the man?

Im in the Elena camp, but I'm curious if anyone really wanted to see Nathan end up with Chloe instead.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Spoit wrote: »
    That's the point, the loud firing sound and tracer balance the sniper rifle for being a really powerful (potentially) one hit kill weapon. Same with the grenade launcher. Having a just as powerful silent weapon? Not quite as fair

Not if, as Eggy pointed out, it fires slow.

And is limited to 2 shots on a pick-up.

And has a long cool-down period between shots.

adytum on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Z809Q.jpg

Excuse the blurry iPhone pic!

Thanks Scarab!

donhonk on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anybody have a good scan of the Japanese box art? Something I could print out and stick in the case? It's just so damned awesome.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Im in the Elena camp, but I'm curious if anyone really wanted to see Nathan end up with Chloe instead.
    I wanted myself to end up with Chloe. Damn, she's hot!

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Svevin wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

I wanted myself to end up with Chloe. Damn, she's hot!

Its a shame she has to sit on something so pretty :wink:

Egos on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    donhonk wrote: »
    Z809Q.jpg

Excuse the blurry iPhone pic!

Thanks Scarab!

Gah!

The Platinum Hits box!

It burns!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Precisely why I'm printing a new cover art. And using the Eye of Judgement box.

donhonk on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also I was on the Nathan/Chloe ship, which will now be referred to as Noe.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Its a shame that the shagging of
    Chloe and Harry occurred... ugh would not want that image in my head.

Egos on
  • Options
    RyMillisRyMillis Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    Here's my thoughts on the game:

I recently got a PS3, so I missed on the first Uncharted but I was eager to try this seemingly fantastic game.

I gotta admit, I wasn't having that much fun with it at first. Seems like years of hearing ''PS3 is only for movies'' got to me, because I really just felt like I was playing a movie. Not just because I felt like there was more cutscene than gameplay, but because it just felt like it was built like a movie. I mean, platforming parts are not challenging, they're just about moving the plot and scenery forward.

(Take note that I got Demon's Soul at the same time. Now that's a game built like a game and an awesome one at that)

So the game really didn't do much for me early on... until the building crashing scene. That was my first ''WOW!!'' moment and from there I learned to enjoy the game like it was meant to be. The new (old) characters then got to me and I was really having a fun time. The action and scenery really picks up as the game progresses and by the end you're just awestruck by everything.

By the end, I was satisfied. Some things could've been made better (Like the music, there's only a single part of the game where it's really memorable. Those who probably surely know which one), but overall, it was fun. Story isn't that great but the characters are fun and I really think that's the most important part.

Now, the multiplayer. Surely it's the first time I play a multiplayer game that gives you so much control (As in, climbing everywhere), and for that it feels original and fun. The perks are... pretty boring and lame and just feels tacked on. Teams are often stacked on random battles and it gets lame. Still, it can be a fun time with friends.

I'm still playing the multiplayer a bit. My PSN is RyMillis. I've got a headset and everything, but I'm more of the casual type.

RyMillis on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So when's the new thread going to be up?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bficky wrote: »
    xta wrote: »

For co-op, three is the max. I'm not sure if you can play with 2, or if they'll always find y'all a third.

I haven't really looked into the cinema / machinima modes yet, but I do know that co-op isn't recorded, which is a shame. I was co-oping last night with two randoms ranked lower than my pathetic lvl 8 (I think they were 1 and 2). Playing the village, they kept dying, leaving me to attempt to fight back the waves by myself. We were on our last try, all still alive somehow, and we finally get to the part where you blow up the door with the RPG. As I'm shooting it at the door, both of my teammates walk right in front of me, exploding the RPG right in our faces, killing all three of us.

thanks

i ask because i know about the hard limit of 3 for co-op. but i was wondering if you can group (up to 5 in a party) to do something like deathmatch or objective. actually, i know you can, but i was having issues last night

probably a comcast thing, where 3 out of us 4 could be in a party at any time. too bad co-op survival isn't more people (with harder/more enemies), co-op is seriously good times in U2

xta on
This discussion has been closed.