As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OH GOD NEW HOUSE

• JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    Poor House. He should be called Heartbreak House. Kind of like Love Boat's bizarro.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy who fucks a married woman? Fucking a married woman is more selfish asshole than heartbreak.

I thought that was a really crappy part to the episode. I should have been feeling for House, excited to see his growth. It's hard to care about the character when I just saw him be a total sack of shit.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Joon wrote: »
    Poor House. He should be called Heartbreak House. Kind of like Love Boat's bizarro.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy who fucks a married woman? Fucking a married woman is more selfish asshole than heartbreak.

I thought that was a really crappy part to the episode. I should have been feeling for House, excited to see his growth. It's hard to care about the character when I just saw him be a total sack of shit.

Did you miss where she wasn't happy in the marriage either and was actually happier with House

Me Too! on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Eeeeh.

Not to get into a marriage or morality debate, but whats-her-face had already admitted to House that she had more or less only married her husband because he was the only one going through the same thing she was over her best friend.

The important thing about that aspect of the episode was that House connected with someone on a meaningful level. Had he been 'Good Ol' House' he probably would have caused a scene at the woman's house or just jumped in a bottle, like the psychiatrist said.

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

Did you miss where she wasn't happy in the marriage either and was actually happier with House

Ah, her marriage means nothing. That must be why she left her husband and decided to be with House. House fucked a woman he knew was married. He took part in betraying her husband's trust, damaging their relationship, jeopardizing the family if someone found out. That pretty much makes him an unsympathetic bastard.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
    edited September 2009

Ah, her marriage means nothing. That must be why she left her husband and decided to be with House. House fucked a woman he knew was married. He took part in betraying her husband's trust, damaging their relationship, jeopardizing the family if someone found out. That pretty much makes him an unsympathetic bastard.

"i can't break up my family because it would hurt my child" does not mean "I am happy in my marriage" you ass

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009

"i can't break up my family because it would hurt my child" does not mean "I am happy in my marriage" you ass

She was being uncaring and awful to her whole family. Sleeping around isn't how you fix things if you're unhappy with your marriage. That just makes you a selfish bitch who is making more mistakes. House, if he cared about her and not his dick, could have helped her move forward with her life if she were so terribly unhappy with her family rather than just porking her.

"I married my husband for the wrong reasons" does not mean "I'm not going to do anything to rectify my mistakes and will instead be selfish and deceptive, ignoring the feelings of my partner and my family as I engage in potentially risky behavior."

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    he was vulnerable and falling for her

and House has never been the selfless type

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    he was vulnerable and falling for her

and House has never been the selfless type

Oh, no. I'm not saying that it was out of character. Just that in an episode that should have made me feel for him, cheer for him... they decided the way to get there was for him to bang a married chick. I just don't operate with the viewpoint that "I'm not happy in my relationship" makes cheating on someone at all okay.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
    edited September 2009
    And they ended up being the ones who were hurt in the end

And what you were supposed to cheer for was House forming an attachment to someone and not going back to the pills when it failed

Because that's development

Me Too! on
    edited September 2009

And what you were supposed to cheer for was House forming an attachment to someone and not going back to the pills when it failed

Why should I feel bad for them for getting hurt? They were being irresponsible, selfish, deceptive, and hurtful to others. That's not at all a sympathetic character. Yes, House made progress but my point is that while I would like to have been able to be happy for him, I just saw him be a bastard. It'd be like if right before Wilson's tearful last moments with Amber, he was banging his secretary or some other shady thing. I don't like him right now and that kills what should have been meaningful.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Why should I feel bad for them for getting hurt? They were being irresponsible, selfish, deceptive, and hurtful to others. That's not at all a sympathetic character. Yes, House made progress but my point is that while I would like to have been able to be happy for him, I just saw him be a bastard. It'd be like if right before Wilson's tearful last moments with Amber, he was banging his secretary or some other shady thing. I don't like him right now and that kills what should have been meaningful.

You're missing the point

We're not feeling sorry for them because they got hurt, we're cheering on house because he didn't keep his emotions inside and manage with pills when he got hurt

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't like House because his hair is stupid and his limp is dumb
    Defend that now

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited September 2009

You're missing the point

We're not feeling sorry for them because they got hurt, we're cheering on house because he didn't keep his emotions inside and manage with pills when he got hurt

You're missing my point.

I know House made progress. He wasn't on his pills, he made a connection. I get it. I'm saying that I wasn't happy for him because I just saw him being a douchebag. They put his triumph right after his being a crap-bag. Like what I just wrote about Wilson. If you show someone being a selfish, uncaring douche, it's hard to immediately turn that around and be proud of him.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't like house because he thinks a black cane with stupid flames on it is bitchin'

natek on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Uhhh, did they actually have sex? Cuz they still had most of their clothes on. I figured they just kinda dry humped a bit, and even that small amount of connection with someone had House crying. I expected them to get freaky, but I don't know, for me, the scene didn't really convince me that they actually had sex.

Besides, its House. He also made fun of a chick cuz she cuts herself. Did you forget about that part? He's a dick. That's who he is. It's not going to change in one episode, even a two hour long one.

Cheeseliker on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Uhhh, did they actually have sex? Cuz they still had most of their clothes on. I figured they just kinda dry humped a bit, and even that small amount of connection with someone had House crying. I expected them to get freaky, but I don't know, for me, the scene didn't really convince me that they actually had sex.
    what are you eight years old?

Faricazy on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hahahahaha

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited September 2009
    campion wanna dry hump man

Faricazy on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If I don't see boobies, it ain't sex.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I agree with the guy

I saw no penetration therefore it is wrong to assume they had sex

natek on
    edited September 2009
    Sure, let me get my parkoncho. That's a parka / poncho.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited September 2009
    Sure, let me get my parkoncho. That's a parka / poncho.

look I CAME HERE TO DRY HUMP not to come all over your rain apparel

Faricazy on
    edited September 2009
    It isn't dry humping unless I am perfectly dry.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited September 2009
    are you saying you don't trust me

Faricazy on
    edited September 2009
    It's a very trustworthy parkoncho.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just watched this, it was really good, even on House standards

"Thank you, Greg"

holy shit, that scene

Alpine on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy who fucks a married woman? [...] I should have been feeling for House, excited to see his growth.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So this is hands down the best episode of House. It should now have less medical mystery and more drama. I decree it be so. Also at the end of this season House turns out to be an alien and eats Cuddy.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    I'd eat Cuddy.

A duck! on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    I heard that in the new episode, they thought they knew what the problem was, then the solution made it worse

then house said something cryptic and solved it with a treatment that seemed unrelated to the problem.

Doc on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, I hear House was sarcastic and berated people.

Moriveth on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Berating people is fun. You should try it some time.

Viscountalpha on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Berating people is fun. You should try it some time.

worfsigh.gif

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Can't wait for the new Season.

Finale was epic

It uh

It's on right now

I don't have cable so everything I watch is a day late

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is why they need to move away from the medical shits to the drama shits. Because Hugh Laurie is fantastic, and deserves better than the formulaic tripe that happened up until the end of last season.

I mean obviously they can't completely get rid of the medical whatsits, since it's a show about a doctor guy. But they should just become background noise.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As I understand it, they like to keep episodes quite high on the standalone plotlines because they make $texas with syndication all around the world.

Sky picked it up here in the UK and it's been doing incredible figures.

The_Scarab on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    I heard that in the new episode, they thought they knew what the problem was, then the solution made it worse

then house said something cryptic and solved it with a treatment that seemed unrelated to the problem.

I heard that as soon as someone enters an MRI machine they get worse / display a new symptom.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In Poland it's called Doktor House

And it think it's still got the english audio, but there's a polish guy talking over it in Polish. Saying stuff like "Now Doktor House has found a link between the two symptoms" but in Polish

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "Doktor House is now insulting the black man and making a double entendre regarding the woman's sexual orientation."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    natek wrote: »
    I don't like house because he thinks a black cane with stupid flames on it is bitchin'

Oh how wrong you are

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]