Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
My wife and I are going to be taking a vacation to Europe hopefully next year. I was hoping that some of you who might have been or live there can help us out with a few questions and maybe suggestions. Our plan is to hit England, France and Germany this trip.
- We are planning to go in December, how cold should we expect it to be? Will Everything of interest be closed down?
- How much of a language barrier will there be for english speaking folks in Germany and France?
- Should we go through a travel agent or just plan the trip ourselves? This would be our first big trip overseas (ive gone on Military buisness but thats not much of a vacation)
- We want to spend about two weeks over there, what sort of costs are we looking at for lodging and transportation (trains, taxis and such)
- And finally, what are some spots that you might suggest we check out as tourists that might get overlooked? We are open to just about anything, but the wife wants to see the countryside a bit and get out of the cities some.
Any help is appreciated, we have a year or so to plan so this just will help us lay some groundwork.