As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid TV, I hate you! (Sound oddness)

rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have a Samsung 32" LCD that I got some years back.
It has been amazing until....

Every time I turn it on, there is no sound, so I have to lower the volume to like 6 or lower, and turn it on and off about 5-10 times before sound works.
Here's a rundown:

1: On, no sound, no startup beep. Lower volume, turn off.
2: Turn on, half a beep, cracklecrackle, no sound. Turn off.
3: Turn on, normal startup beep, sound for a split second, cracklecrackle, no sound. Turn off.
4: Turn on, normal beep, sound either works or I start the whole process over again until it gets sound back.

It's got a regular Coax cable for cheapass cable, and an HDMI from my PS3 in i t.
If the PS3 is on at the time of startup, I can forget about ever hearing sound so I have to get sound first, turn PS3 on, switch inputs, turn off, turn back on to get sound from PS3.

Yes, I've tried it with no HDMI, with Component cables, all that shit. Still the same.
I've never had the tv volume above a 25 I don't think, unless it was some super low-volume show or movie.

I've just lived with it for a while but it's getting fucking frustrating.

rfalias on

• Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Have I stumped the (in)famous H/A?
    I need to add that when I turn it off, after 2ish seconds a subtle hum begins, and if I try to turn it on before the hum starts it never works, so I gotta get close and listen for the hum to begin, then power it on.

I should just take it to get repaired, but there is no way it's under warranty and I'm cheap.

rfalias on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz