As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle: Season 8 : Well I Guess It Wasn't Named Beckett For a Reason

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    Man when Castle and Beckett finally go at it, its going to kill the series
    Seriously, this is one of the shows where the two leads getting together is going to kill a good part of the chemistry between the characters.

It totally doesn't kill it in the book. I'd still rather they wait a few more seasons.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Last episode was great I love how Nathan Fillion seems like he can be himself in every role he plays and still make a convincing character.

Also Esposito and Ryan should have their own buddy cop spin off episode.

Jawa on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Full second season order btw. It seems to be averaging 9-10 million viewers per episode.

On another note i can totally see Beckett hating Castle after they sleep together or all other kind of shenanigans happening. Personally i'm tired of the will they/won't they paradigm that these shows keep playing with. Granted Castle seems to be the best written one so maybe it won't have that problem.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    Full second season order btw. It seems to be averaging 9-10 million viewers per episode.

On another note i can totally see Beckett hating Castle after they sleep together or all other kind of shenanigans happening. Personally i'm tired of the will they/won't they paradigm that these shows keep playing with. Granted Castle seems to be the best written one so maybe it won't have that problem.

It isn't so bad when it's a gradual thing, like maybe the first season or two they're just co-workers, then good friends, then maybe something more - but when it happens right from the start and continues throughout the span of the show it's really boring and eventually the audience just stops caring which reduces the payoff when they do get together to nothing.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    clsCorwin wrote: »
    I loved how the build up was there, you kept expecting one of them to crack and spill their feelings, for Castle to tell Beckett he wants to stay... and instead he stays for huge sums of cash.

Glorious.

What I really liked was that he stayed for the cash ... not because of Beckett. The whole episode I thought "Oh please don't make him nix the <insert certain British spy here> deal just so he can stay with Beckett" ... it was a good way to solve it. Besides ... he had to stay, otherwise ... well the series would be over, right?

Anyways ... the episode was great. The chemistry between those two is awesome. And they even come up with a few surprises in the cases they got ...

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    But damn can she wear a dress

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

That dress looked very becoming on her. Of course, if I were on her, I'd be cumming too.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

No kidding. I approve of anything the writers can do to put her in a dress.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honestly, I'd rather they not go too far with putting her in revealing clothing. It kind of cheapens her character a little when every other episode she's changing clothes on screen, slipping into a bath, or wearing tight, tight dresse... nevermind.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    clsCorwin wrote: »
    I loved how the build up was there, you kept expecting one of them to crack and spill their feelings, for Castle to tell Beckett he wants to stay... and instead he stays for huge sums of cash.

Glorious.

What I really liked was that he stayed for the cash ... not because of Beckett. The whole episode I thought "Oh please don't make him nix the <insert certain British spy here> deal just so he can stay with Beckett" ... it was a good way to solve it. Besides ... he had to stay, otherwise ... well the series would be over, right?

Anyways ... the episode was great. The chemistry between those two is awesome. And they even come up with a few surprises in the cases they got ...

I was watching Quantum of Solace again yesterday and realized that Beckett is the Canadian Agent at the end of the movie.

jhunter46 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    she was also that police lady in The Spirit

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Check it out, I can use IMDB too!

She was in Stiletto and a direct-to-video Indiana Jones type thing. And she was a lesbian in some other thing.

And as much as I disliked The Spirit, the one thing I did find positive was that the female cast was gorgeous. Even though I didn't know who she was at the time, I definitely told my brother how hot I thought Morgenstern was. Along with every other female part (including extras) in that movie.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was just going frame by frame through the promo for next week,
    The gun he has really looks like the one from Firefly. I compared it to pictures and I can't make out details but it has the same silhouette. Looks like they are going all out for this.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2009
    The gun he has really looks like the one from Firefly. I compared it to pictures and I can't make out details but it has the same silhouette. Looks like they are going all out for this.

I can't wait to see who he claims he is going as. Even if he doesn't own up to who it really is it'll be great.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »

I can't wait to see who he claims he is going as. Even if he doesn't own up to who it really is it'll be great.

He should just be Captain Malcolm Reynolds from that show Firefly. Then one of the other detectives says how much he looks like the actor and Fillion could say, "I know, isn't it great?"

Atsome point he needs to say goram.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honestly, I'd rather they not go too far with putting her in revealing clothing. It kind of cheapens her character a little when every other episode she's changing clothes on screen, slipping into a bath, or wearing tight, tight dresse... nevermind.

Would it be fair to say that you will be in your bunk?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

He should just be Captain Malcolm Reynolds from that show Firefly. Then one of the other detectives says how much he looks like the actor and Fillion could say, "I know, isn't it great?"

...he's probably going to use lines from firefly.

HE'S PROBABLY OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If someone says anything about a leaf on the wind, I may cry :(

Bobble on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »

And assuming the series lasts until next year? Captain Hammer.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »

And assuming the series lasts until next year? Captain Hammer.

The Hammer...
    is my penis.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i hope nobody else gets it

and Castle is all proud, and gets sad when they don't know who hes supposed to be

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    jhunter46jhunter46 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Castlemal.jpg

Sure looks like Captain Tight Pants to me.

jhunter46 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    castle-mal.jpg

There is no doubt.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well Castle fans full season 2 pick up! Go go nathan fillion!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/20/this-just-in-abc-picks-up-castle-for-full-season/

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/20/this-just-in-abc-picks-up-castle-for-full-season/

At least some good news in light of Dollhouse being dropped.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

At least some good news in light of Dollhouse being dropped.

Oh dollhouse got dropped? More good news!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Never watched Dollhouse, but the Castle bit is most excellent news.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm not often prone to these things, but there was a definite "squeeeeee!" while watching the Castle promo. Costume looks perfect, even down to the gun.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm not often prone to these things, but there was a definite "squeeeeee!" while watching the Castle promo. Costume looks perfect, even down to the gun.

It's probably a costume made for Firefly. It's not uncommon for actors to walk off with favorite bits of wardrobe and props when a show/movie ends.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I forgot about that, Fillion has said many times that he has a ton of stuff from both Firefly and Serenity. On occasion he'll give a few small pieces away.

Super. Excited.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I forgot about that, Fillion has said many times that he has a ton of stuff from both Firefly and Serenity. On occasion he'll give a few small pieces away.

Super. Excited.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also, Beckett's eye-roll when he talks about the Lycans is hawt.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Super. Excited.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Are you wearing suspenders?"

a5ehren on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    *cracks up* "Didn't you wear that, like, five years ago? It's time to move on."

Tomanta on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I squee. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Anyone else catch the Firefly shout out in Dancing with the Stars?

And Becket is apparently a comic book fan. Wow. They want to hit all the nerd groups tonight don't they?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    squuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and a buffy ref too!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »

I squee. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Anyone else catch the Firefly shout out in Dancing with the Stars?

And Becket is apparently a comic book fan. Wow. They want to hit all the nerd groups tonight don't they?

I caught the DwtS shout-out.

And I am loving this episode. "He really is a vampire!"

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lots of good references tonight, I liked the Underworld one.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So to sum up, Nathan Fillion plays Richard Castle who, while dressed up as Malcolm Reynolds, makes a Buffy reference.

I died and went to heaven.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    So, Esposito was wearing his Generation Kill outfit and Ryan was wearing a doctor's outfit and was on General Hospital apparently. I wonder if all the main actors were wearing shit from previous gigs.

Premier kakos on