As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle: Season 8 : Well I Guess It Wasn't Named Beckett For a Reason

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    That may be hotter than Russian Beckett

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha, I just got up to the Spy episode
    Mitch Pileggi as the badass spymaster whose voice starts breaking when it turns out he's really under arrest and it wasn't part of the spy game

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ok. So, that ending scene.

It probably wasn't intentional, but that terrible, over-saturated sunset? Totally made me think of Vanilla Sky. :P

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Holy crap that was a terrible green screen.

But at least it was still a fun episode. Some flashes of first season Castle, too, which was kind of neat.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I actually thought it was supposed to be a fake sunset, within the story. Castle said 'right now', so I figured the'd gone to some sort of express marriage place instead of going to the Hamptons again.

If it was meant to be real, that's pretty bad.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I actually thought it was supposed to be a fake sunset, within the story. Castle said 'right now', so I figured the'd gone to some sort of express marriage place instead of going to the Hamptons again.

They did an establishing shot of that same venue in the Hamptons that they were going to use before. It was meant to be real.

Or was it?!?!

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »

They did an establishing shot of that same venue in the Hamptons that they were going to use before. It was meant to be real.

Or was it?!?!

This makes me think we need a DUN DUN DUUNNNN! button for the forums.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I love episodes like this.

Maybe Castle isn't the right show for this, but Eureka did such a universe swap pretty successfully. I don't think Castle staying there would be that good, though.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Would depend on the details, but the current setup is pretty good minus it kind of being samey ep to ep, but that's an issue with most every show. It be awesome if they did something out there, but not likely. It'll stay 'What If?'.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Last night had so many cheese cake moments with Beckett. And she owned all of them. It was a nice call back in the end to have her bullet wound in her chest, though I swear they've shown he cleavage before and not shown it, continuity who cares?!

I'd watch a western with Stana Katic as a russian widow murdering her way through the west.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Shush! I dont want to talk about a time when i will be without my regular dose of nathan fillian.

Maybe then he could be on a good show?

• Options
    Castle is a good sometimes great show. Honestly people can wah wah about firefly all they want, but Castle is where he gets to shine.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Castle is a good sometimes great show. Honestly people can wah wah about firefly all they want, but Castle is where he gets to shine.

I think castle is the show where he gets to be himself more then anything else.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Agree. It's probably all in my head, but I've always felt that Castle is basically Nathan Fillion being himself (i.e. a goofball) and having fun on a procedural cop drama that actually had a time travel episode that was resolved ambiguously.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    God, I love this show.

I think the writers just decided in the off season - "fuck it, lets go nuts". This was the second awesome episode in a row.

• Options

He's great, it's everything that surrounds him that I find unbearable. Also, my opinion has zero to do with Firefly.

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »

He's great, it's everything that surrounds him that I find unbearable. Also, my opinion has zero to do with Firefly.

You're just broken. The supporting cast of Castle is where the strength of the show lies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

You're just broken. The supporting cast of Castle is where the strength of the show lies.

(In the spirit of Richard castle:)

SLAP FIGHT!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Just got up to the bombing episode in Season 4. Couple things in it bothered me
    Castle is all ready to tell Beckett he loves her, and decides not to on some passing comment she makes about "remembering everything" that happened to her after she got shot, while trying to intimidate a suspect. He gets all hurt that 'she knew' how he felt about her the whole time. I know Castle is a manchild, but c'mon bro. That's so childish. :I

Second thing was Gates speech at the end, how she's so proud of the work they all put in and uh... good job and I guess... maybe lets go home and... get some rest? Bahahaha, I really hope the intent was to show how disconnected she was from her subordinates, how out of touch she is, because it was so incredibly awkward, like everyone wanted her to be quiet and go away. I know Penny Johnson Jerald is a great actor, so it was weird to see her bumble through a scene like that. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Probably. I'm okay with that!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So the shot at the end with the extremely visible, amazing, and beautiful boob movement...

I certainly can appriciate the artistic nature of the shot. Notice how they carefully reminded us of the bullet scar. (Tho frankly i wouldnt think it still would be puckered like that after years? I dunno..maybe boobs dont heal as well?). I think ill go appriciate the art a few more times.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Kidnapping episode
    Man I feel like a jerk. Felt super worried when Alexis turned out to be taken too, and then realised I had like a failure of empathy for the first victim and her parents. D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    So this thread has been quiet, so quiet I didn't think there was an episode last week. I did catch this weeks and thought it was pretty fun. Interesting twists and turns, and as a big fan of The Expendables I enjoyed the ride.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I'm saving this season for a binge watch.

I sort of fell off the Castle train in a big way.

• Options
    I enjoyed it, though now that Ted Mcginnley has been on the show I think we can assume season 7 will be it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also, I really hope Ryan comes up with a catchphrase.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    "My name is Ryan and I hate lyin'."

Makes me wish my name is Ryan.

Also made me laugh out loud.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ABC I would watch a Ryan and Esposito spin off when Castle is done. I WOULD WATCH THE HELL OUT OF IT! And I ain't Ryan.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ABC I would watch a Ryan and Esposito spin off when Castle is done. I WOULD WATCH THE HELL OUT OF IT! And I ain't Ryan.

Cop drama I need in my life: Ryan and Espo, and Miles and Sawyer.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    God, I love this show.

I think the writers just decided in the off season - "fuck it, lets go nuts". This was the second awesome episode in a row.

Just so I don't have to repeat myself, I am just quoting myself.

• Options
    They have always been off the wall, but they definitely seem to be playing with house money in a good way. I mean a show thats been on the air for seven seasons getting canceled isn't the worst thing in the world, and that lets you just play with your toys. You already did right by everyone involved, now you can just have fun and put on something entertaining.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    "My name is Ryan and I hate lyin'."

Makes me wish my name is Ryan.

Also made me laugh out loud.

"Well now you've got trouble. Ryan trouble."
    "I don't know what that means."

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I've really been enjoying this season so far, there's just not always a lot to say with the regular episodes that don't really have any overarching plot. It's been a very fun season so far.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Castle is a nice change from the dreary garbage that has been sleepy hollow this year. Like I'll take no overarching plot, versus "And then the villain does this and the heroes suffer hooray!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The past few episodes have been great.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    That black gunslinger outfit.... oofa.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    That black gunslinger outfit.... oofa.

I was a much bigger fan of the white dress at the end...

• Options
    Couple decent twists last night heading into the break. It'll be interesting to see how long they keep Castle out of the nypd (I'm guessing 2 maybe 3 weeks tops).

Also good to see Lanespo ending, Laney was just jerking Espo around and he needs to move on to that Transit cop who shares his life experiences.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I hope they keep the Laney/Espo split as amicable as it seemed in this episode. Not many shows do it as smoothly as that scene.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Didn't we already do that, though? Then they got back together to this? Eh. Already enough couples on the show.

Yanking him off the NYPD seemed to just come out nowhere, needed a little more buildup. You don't believe it shortly after it's mentioned, but could have been better anyway. Kate should just retire anyway and plot how to survive the senator's revenge plan.