As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crackdown 2: I can see my house from here.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I finally got around to downloading the sound clips of the orbs, but they don't seem to have the hum from when you're stood near. The agility orb one is just the 'ping' when you pick it up. This saddens me.

edit: end of video 3, using the mag grenades to make a slingshot?

So buying this.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jesus christ mag grenades are the best idea in the god damn world

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    End of video 3 and all of 4 just completely rocked my world.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    why didn't i think of a catapult when he showed the concept

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed pretty much broke that for me. And the flags to collect in that game didn't have any kind of proximity indicator.

Found all but one King Richard flag on the overworld map.... one

haven't picked up the game since..

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The first Crackdown is easily one of my favourite games this gen, leaping around was so much fun.

The very last secret orb has managed to hide itself from me though.

One damned orb.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about "the same city, now with mutants!", but 4-player open-world co-op with the crazy over-the-top action of Crackdown?

Yes, PLEASE!
    Technically, just with more mutants. I take it you bothered wiping out all the Shai-Gen? After you kill the scientist, they start roaming that section. People seem to forget this bit.

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that, actually.

That's actually really cool, because it means they're following the story, and not just making a weird tangential 90-degree turn because they thought it was 'cool'.

They were mostly harmless (the mutants) in the first game though, weren't they? I seem to remember them causing a lot of damage, but otherwise being pretty bumbling.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is the only game where item collection has ever been fun.

solsovly on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This sounds fantastic, though I'm sure it'll come down to the execution. But if you can take the sheer fun of the first and drop it into a post apocalyptic version of the city we spent so much time running around in with a dynamic mad max population, swarms of legitimately tough freaks, all with a better story structure it's solidly in the right direction.

werehippy on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just bought the first one off Newegg. I liked the demo, it plays like GTA but with super powers. Now to finish it before 2 comes out, though I'll probably wait a bit to pick 2 up.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can finish it in about 4 hours if you rush it.

Don't rush it.

And play with a friend.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Don't rush it.

And play with a friend.

Rules #1 and #2 for Crackdown.

Also rules #1 and #2 for sex -- by no small coincidence, I assure you.

You'll find that Crackdown is a lot like sex in many ways.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Don't rush it.

And play with a friend.

Lots of screaming and punching?

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    HazzHazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Don't rush it.

And play with a friend.

Lots of screaming and punching?

If you're doing it right.

Hazz on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about "the same city, now with mutants!", but 4-player open-world co-op with the crazy over-the-top action of Crackdown?

Yes, PLEASE!
    Technically, just with more mutants. I take it you bothered wiping out all the Shai-Gen? After you kill the scientist, they start roaming that section. People seem to forget this bit.

Holy crap, I completely forgot about that, actually.

That's actually really cool, because it means they're following the story, and not just making a weird tangential 90-degree turn because they thought it was 'cool'.

They were mostly harmless (the mutants) in the first game though, weren't they? I seem to remember them causing a lot of damage, but otherwise being pretty bumbling.

the mutants had super strength, they were awesome

only dudes who could throw YOU around

Nuzak on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can use sex to get early access to high profile game betas?

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    lewie did you have a lobotomy or something

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The first Crackdown is easily one of my favourite games this gen, leaping around was so much fun.

The very last secret orb has managed to hide itself from me though.

One damned orb.

I've got two agility orbs to go.

Where the hell are they hidden :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    You can use sex to get early access to high profile game betas?

I guess it depended who you slept with...maybe if you slept with frankie it would

Dixon on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think he was referring to Halo.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So Crackdown 1 Q: If you kill all the gang leaders do all the enemies despawn and there's no more anywhere at anytime in the entire game?

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So Crackdown 1 Q: If you kill all the gang leaders do all the enemies despawn and there's no more anywhere at anytime in the entire game?
    I'm pretty sure the free DLC allows you to respawn them and basically start over with your character.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Correct. However, there's an option to have all the gangs respawn, so it's basically like a New Game +.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so the newest game informer has a bunch of cool info on this, really awesome.
    the city is much more realistic this time around, and the citizens basically live in fear of the zombies because the agency just boards up the badly infected areas. the agent looks much more badass this time too, his armor becoming more elaborate as he upgrades. also supply points are gone, you can get ammo and other stuff dropped off where ever you are.
    really looking forward to this.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    IGN had a new feature on this a while ago, and some new screens:

I found this kind of dissapointing; the earlier versions will become the suck, and I liked the transformations. I also liked leaning on the machine gun in the sports car and just gunning it down the streets.
    It was a conscious move on the part of Ruffian, I'm just worried that the benefit won't be worth the loss. Rather than having three transformable cars, now you'll have a plethora of Agency vehicles that will gradually unlock as you level up. The executive producer on Crackdown 2 told me that they wanted to offer more variety with the unlockable vehicles. The most impressive representation of this new variety was easily the helicopter that could not only spew rockets at enemies below, but could also carry up to three friends if you decide to play cooperatively.
    but then, there's a missile equiped helicopter, so I'll get over it

img_7533161.html

Really, all I need to know is that it's as much destructive fun as the first, which it sounds like it is. I think I'll play some Crackdown tonight. I never did bother to finish off the last two Shai Gen bosses.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Crackdown is on my to-buy list since it's dirt cheap these days, and I heard it was a fun little romp. If I find the first one enjoyable enough, I'll be sure to follow it up with the sequel. Especially if there's co-op - love me some co-op action.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's two person online co-op in the original and four person confirmed for the sequel.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    There's two person online co-op in the original and four person confirmed for the sequel.

See, that's even better. I can pick up two cheap copies and play with my brother in the other room.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i picked up the first crackdown for like $2 online, so i am going to try and grind out some of my missing achievements. if anyone wants to co-op it, hit me up

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kotaku has a new preview, with some very welcome news for all of us who have two @#(%&* agility orbs left hidden somewhere...
    Oh, and the new game has "renegade orbs," which are agility orbs that fly away from you when you first try to grab them. There can be five increasingly devilish variations of them, the easier ones fleeing the player in set paths, the more advanced ones using artificial intelligence to evade the player.

Joy. However, there also now seem to be SIX levels for each of the skills.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaat. Another collection achievement I'll be skipping.

Killing the mutant zombies looks good though.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to be interviewing one of the guys from Ruffian shortly, let me know if you have any specific questions for him.

LewieP on
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, but my question is just selfish and silly. I want to know why I don't already have this playing in my xbox. Seriously, I was addicted to the first one like I haven't been to a game in a long time. I can't wait for this next installment.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ask him about the player avatar setup this time around and if we're gonna' go from some young buck fresh out of the labs to an old bad-ass math teacher or if they've got something different planned this time around.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    LewieP wrote: »
    I'm going to be interviewing one of the guys from Ruffian shortly, let me know if you have any specific questions for him.

"the multiplayer beta for which popular upcoming FPS will be packaged in this iteration?"

MrDelish on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Ask him about the player avatar setup this time around and if we're gonna' go from some young buck fresh out of the labs to an old bad-ass math teacher or if they've got something different planned this time around.

I think Game Informer already answered this, unless they changed it. There's only one agent choice this time, but you get a helmet really quick (as per upgrades/leveling) so it doesn't really matter.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Only one dude? Boooo, I'd rather we just got like 10 or so dudes who didn't change period.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i picked up the first crackdown for like $2 online, so i am going to try and grind out some of my missing achievements. if anyone wants to co-op it, hit me up

Hey did you ever get someone to do the co-op achievements with you?

I'm working on my Crackdown achievements currently in preperation for Crackdown 2 and I'd like to get the co-op ones taken care of. Ideally doing the "whole campaign" as Time Trials on Psychotic to knock out those achievements at the same time.

Double Trouble, Tag Teamer, and Pack Rat are the co-op achievements. Psych Out isn't but doesn't hurt to do it co-op.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2010
    i can do more crackdown, send me an invite if you see me online
    i'm not sure which ones i need, but i'm up for whatever

Local H Jay on