Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

TF2: Odd lag - Netgraph sections get "blank" (NSF56K)

SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

Any ideas what would cause the lag/stuttering in TF2 that is associated with the below gaps in my netgraph?

netgraph1.jpg

More in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

I have to restart my computer or Logoff/Logon again in order to fix this. This usually happens after my computer has been on for a while (overnight).

Seguer on

• GameHatGameHat Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Do you run any torrent clients? Either while playing or otherwise?

• SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I do, but I've tried closing it (and this doesn't always happen anyway, whether or not uTorrent is running/doing stuff)

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does it happen in nearly perfectly precise intervals? (Say, every 30 seconds?)

edited October 2009
    Not that I've noticed. Sometimes it'll make me rage how often it does it, other times I can go a round with only one or two.

Sometimes my HDD thrashes while it happens, but not always. And like I said at the start, it only seems to happen if my computer has been running for ages.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seguer wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed. Sometimes it'll make me rage how often it does it, other times I can go a round with only one or two.

Sometimes my HDD thrashes while it happens, but not always. And like I said at the start, it only seems to happen if my computer has been running for ages.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If wireless:
    Spoiler:

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Clearly the problem is that you aren't playing on a PA server.

edited October 2009
    Wired connection, and I'm in Australia, so playing on PA servers would not help, Crash :P

• TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going to assume you're getting ping spikes so huge, that it "times out" and doesn't even register on the netgraph.

No idea what would cause this.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png