Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Glossalalia++] He'd get away with it, too, if it weren't for us meddling kids

DubhDubh DON'T SNEEZEThe Tanker... FOREVERRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Social Entropy++

Starring:
The Ten

Seasons 1-11 now available on Twitter!

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]

[strike]Soundtrack coming... maybe? (Probably not)[/strike]
Soundtrack here!
GLOSSOLALIA soundtrack
Spoiler:

[Map of Haven]
Spoiler:

[Map of Shadowhaven
Spoiler:

[Map of Signet]
Spoiler:

THE LONG SUMMARY, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
Spoiler:

Last time on Glossolalia

Tensions ran high as Loeli had a dangerous proposition for the Cracked Lady: she would like to work for her. In that same instant, several members of the Ten fought agaisnt an awakened and angry tempest God, Tommy and Dubh striking the final blow in the form of a red comet. The Ten then all found themselves within the Court Room of the Queen, as she offered them a job, thanks to Loeli. Loeli, Locth, Feli and Jo'Maril chose to work for the Queen, becoming The Outfit. Meanwhile Dubh, Tommy and Dux found her too distasteful and form the rebel group The Coalition. Speed and Gary pursue their own ends.

Meanwhile a mysterious stranger Kro is contracted to kill an enemy of the Queen...

A enigmatic Benefactor offers aid to the Coalition, and offers them items of great power in aid them in their quest to revolt. The trio enter Vataky's sprawl and single-handedly destroy every Leonine in the neighborhood, which garners the attention of Vataky.

A new stranger enters the scene- a soul by the name of Kro. The Lady offers him a deal he can't refuse- track down and destroy the soul known as the Banker. After Kro destroys a bar in his search for information, failing to track down his target. Fortunately, the cracked Lady has another target for him- Dubh, and rest of the Coalition; Tommy and Dux. A short standoff later, and Kro decides to throw his lot in with the Coalition.

Meanwhile, the members of Ten serving the lady (known as the Outfit) are given a task to repair damage to a temple over in Otalhen's district. After some headscratching, they play out the theme to Drive: Roll Hard which reawakens the contruct; which happens to be Loeli's robot "child" from their mortal lives. Otalhen explains that he managed to save the soul of every mechanical being that had ever existed, and gave them an eternal home.

Gary and Boots, after a long time wandering in the Depths, come upon a scatomancer the original members of Thrustwaist's crew encountered in Starfish Cove. He easily, um, defeats the maddened wizard and establishes his new kingdom- Skullfuck Mountain. This doesn't last long, as Boots suddenly decides to wander off- leading Gary into the red of the Wrath.

Speed succeeds in locating Ytlkrek and, after a short reunion, report to the Cracked Lady to see what she's all about. The Cracked Lady explains to Speed how her fracture gates work, which prompts the racer to challenge her. She doesn't find this amusing, and teleports him and Ytlkrek into the Wrath.

Gary bumps into the pair, and they manage to find a giant testicle in the Rend and are almost instantly defeated by it.

The Coalition destroys Vataky, with the aid of their new ally, and begin the revolution in earnest. Organization of the effort begins, and Thieresai's hold over Signet begins to slip...

Loeli is summoned by the Cracked Lady soon after Vataky's defeat and the restoration of the Humming Temple. The Lady unveils her dark secret- she's been keeping a man locked in the basement of the Spire, a person who would explode if he wasn't kept in the check- the Universe. The Lady wants to keep the Universe trapped forever, to spare everyone the pain of mortality. Loeli expresses her disagreement, and the reasons why. The Cracked Lady doesn't want to hear it, and warps her into the Wrath, and then puts the kill order out on the rest of the Outfit.

The Benefactor rescues Ytlkrek and Speed, while Loeli opens a portal back to Haven and saves herself. Gary, however, directly challenges the mights (and many, many dicks) of the Wrath and engages in a contest of wills with the mysterious DE?AD.

The Outfit joins up with the Coalition, and begins a systematic conversion and liberation of Signet. Eventually, every delegate turns to their side, which makes the work of the Ten much easier to accomplish.

Gary succeeds in his battle against the Wrath, and takes it over. His first act as ruler is to breach a hole in Pherult's keep, which gives the rest of the Ten access to Pherult and the Shattered Spire.

After Pherult defects to the revolution, Otalhen calls a meeting over at his district to discuss the fate of Signet and the Universe...

Dubh on
Thing_zps6acf1883.png <---DE?AD makes games

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hereby christen this thread in the name of whatever.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User
    edited September 2009
    This should have like a scrolling thing like the beginning to the star wars movie.

Every thread.

You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DubhDubh DON'T SNEEZE The Tanker... FOREVERRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You make it, Bear.

edited September 2009
    There was a website that let you make those, but LucasArts made them take it down.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh hey we still doing this? That's cool.

funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
    edited September 2009
    "Plus thar's de Havens. They seem ter 'av some shielding- somethin' dat prevents fracture gates from bein' opened within, at least." Dubh sighs. "Oi don't know- yer 'av a better idea av dis existence than what oi 'av."

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "Even though I'm sure plenty of people would like to remain in Signet forever which by the way is a mindset that I might very well share I don't know if it's a good idea to tamper with these sorts of things. Who knows how radically we could change the universe by excluding even one soul. Any given person affects an uncountable number of others in ways that we couldn't even begin to imagine to think about and playing around with something that delicate strikes me as an idea that is bad."

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh hey cool new thread

Let's all talk about shit and junk and stuff

You know?

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

edited September 2009
    Alright well I'm goin' to bed.

My plan is
    I am in favor of me and Dubh sneaking into the Universe chamber while the others fight their way up the tower. We can join in once the Universe has been extracted (but hopefully still temporarily contained

But if someone else suggests a plan that most everyone is in favor of than I will support that if it means getting something moving by the time I wake up tomorrow!

edited September 2009
    "Even though I'm sure plenty of people would like to remain in Signet forever which by the way is a mindset that I might very well share I don't know if it's a good idea to tamper with these sorts of things. Who knows how radically we could change the universe by excluding even one soul. Any given person affects an uncountable number of others in ways that we couldn't even begin to imagine to think about and playing around with something that delicate strikes me as an idea that is bad."

"Though, who knows if perhaps the Universe changes things around based on the events in Signet. Perhaps everytime the Universe blows up, a new series of events occur."

"In Signet, everything stays the same, it is a constant. In the Universe, change is the only constant."

"Mannnn"

Tommy really should know the most about all this meta shit

Tumbling
    Baka!

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone watch that marrionette show on Cartoon network, pretty sweet huh?

"Let's do what we always do, PUNCH THE FUCK OUTTA IT"

funkybanner_zps9614e94d.png
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "I have little patience for those who wish to impose their... happiness," Loeli A briefly and ever-so-subtly glances at Kro and Terrult with a raised brow and that bitch crystal sneer, "upon the Universe and the Way Things Must Be." You can tell all of these words are proper nouns from where she's standing. Loeli B purses her lips and steps forward, crossing her arms, "The Unknown, however, may allow us some elbow room with metaphysics." She points to a shard hologram of Haven that Loeli A hold in her palm, "Outside of the transported Haven is malleable nothingness. Buildshards affect this realm. The Pathway is linked, somehow—otherwise Haven would not sit where it sits today," she raises a brow, "I propose we use the combined powers of our comrades' unique abilities in addition to the relocation of everything but the Spire. Or perhaps merely the people. What buildshards that remain may be used in the construction of a new city." She zooms in on the Pathway Room, "This device may be what holds the key for those who wish to... 'live.'"

japsig.jpg
    edited September 2009

"Though, who knows if perhaps the universe changes things around it. Perhaps everytime the Universe blows up, a new series of events occur."

"In Signet, everything stays the same, it is a constant. In the Universe, change is the only constant."

"Mannnn"

Tommy really should know the most about all this meta shit

Why don't you just fuckin' ask him.

edited September 2009
    Also the fact that the Universe is male proves that DEAD is a filthy mysogynist.

edited September 2009
    It coulda been anyone. It happened to be something Loeli could fuck. Surprised?

japsig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    because he isn't very helpful?

"Tell me, Universe, do you know what happens when you blow up?", Tommy says, putting his finger to his head like Dr. X

"Also, do you happen to remember your name before the Universe inhabited your body?"

Tumbling
    Baka!

edited September 2009
    <One thing is certain, should we accidentally release the Universe, it will be very hard to re-capture it.> Oltalen clears his non-throat. <I have been studying some of the data I pilfered from the Lady's stores, and it seems that the Fracture Gate sealing it in is not only preventing its expansion, but slowing the growth of its energy. Should it be released, its growth will increase exponentially, until, I fear, nothing will be able to contain it again.>

"Big bada boom," Ytlkrek says, leaning back in her chair and putting her feet up on the table.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
    edited September 2009
    It coulda been anyone. It happened to be something Loeli could fuck. Surprised?

Gary is totally gonna be fucking the Universe right when you show up

Then when he climaxes, the Universe will explode

It's the only way this can truly end

Tumbling
    Baka!

edited September 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    <One thing is certain, should we accidentally release the Universe, it will be very hard to re-capture it.> Oltalen clears his non-throat. <I have been studying some of the data I pilfered from the Lady's stores, and it seems that the Fracture Gate sealing it in is not only preventing its expansion, but slowing the growth of its energy. Should it be released, its growth will increase exponentially, until, I fear, nothing will be able to contain it again.>

"Big bada boom," Ytlkrek says, leaning back in her chair and putting her feet up on the table.

"Hey!", Tommy yells at Ytlkrek, "That's my fucking line!"

Tumbling
    Baka!

edited September 2009
    For the record, Speed's in favor of blowing up the 'verse without any warning or provisions for people that want to stay. He's unwilling to let any one person's personal desire potentially fuck with trillions and trillions of lives.

edited September 2009
    "Such is why I do not recommend we attempt to move the Universe. When the Spire is within our grasp, we must move those who wish to stay to Haven as close to instantaneous as possible. Then, we will trigger it." The Loelis cross their arms together, and look around the room, stating, "I trust it is not disagreeable that I lead the team to trigger the Big Bang?"

japsig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    For the record, Speed's in favor of blowing up the 'verse without any warning or provisions for people that want to stay. He's unwilling to let any one person's personal desire potentially fuck with trillions and trillions of lives.

Loeli's just pretty sure it won't do anything and won't really bother to help. She'll state that there's an option available, but that doesn't mean she's puttin' any divinity on the table for it :P

japsig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    "Such is why I do not recommend we attempt to move the Universe. When the Spire is within our grasp, we must move those who wish to stay to Haven as close to instantaneous as possible. Then, we will trigger it." The Loelis cross their arms together, and look around the room, stating, "I trust it is not disagreeable that I lead the team to trigger the Big Bang?"

"Again, Oi say we all charge de universe. Make de lady come ter us."

• finalbroadcastfinalbroadcast WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just got home from work, and stumbled in here. Now I will live in fear of stumbling in on men in woolen shirts getting the kind of kicks I will never understand.

finalbroadcast.jpg
    edited September 2009
    "It would be a good diversion to storm the Spire, yet merely punch a hole in the elevator shaft. It would certainly allow us access right up to the Universe chamber before we even see the bitch."

japsig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    so when will I get my update about the lady.

You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Never,

edited September 2009
    Howsabout I give you no never, and jab you in the gums with my screwdriver.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Bear.

Never.

edited September 2009
    [War Room]
    "Fuck you, you little piece of truck-stop bathroom wall jerkstain lookin' like the fucking silhoutted face of the goddamned 37th President's ass after a long soak in a hot-tub filled with fucking scented bath-oils piece a' shit flannel-wearin' big neon-green dildo sheathed in his cowboy boot like a goddamned switch blade motherfucker."

[Elsewhere]
    In a white room in the Wrath, three figures sit around a red table. Boots leans in an inquires as to their plan for today.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
    edited September 2009
    "What the fuck does that even mean???", Tommy yells, seemingly at random

"Could you please just fucking answer the question for god damn once?? If you don't I swear to fucking god I will kill you myself!!!"

Tumbling
    Baka!

edited September 2009
    [War Room]
    Tommy realized the universe has hung up. You feel he might be covering for the fact that he doesn't know shit.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
    edited September 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    [War Room]
    "Fuck you, you little piece of truck-stop bathroom wall jerkstain lookin' like the fucking silhoutted face of the goddamned 37th President's ass after a long soak in a hot-tub filled with fucking scented bath-oils piece a' shit flannel-wearin' big neon-green dildo sheathed in his cowboy boot like a goddamned switch blade motherfucker."

[Elsewhere]
    In a white room in the Wrath, three figures sit around a red table. Boots leans in an inquires as to their plan for today.

I um...I'm not present for that, correct?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    No, that is totally your War Room meeting. Present are you, Boots, and ?.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
    edited September 2009
    What? but my last post was me bustin in on the lady hammer-time style.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    "Hello?Hello???"

"Son of a Bitch!!!"

Tumbling
    Baka!

edited September 2009
    What? but my last post was me bustin in on the lady hammer-time style.

Look, man, I am trying to keep things synched up here, and I want to give you something to do.

This can be a flashback, or whatever.

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
    edited September 2009
    Oh I see.

"Well, I figure, you know...I'm just gonna go in there, and...l - lay my bone down? Lay it good and deep. Ain't no lady without the need for cream of madman."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    [Elsewhere]
    "I hear... I heard she's got... y'know... teeth," ? says, seeming somewhat unsure, and more than a bit mortified. Plus, maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about - doesn't strike you as a guy that "gets out" a lot, if you follow.

Boots seems to have heard the same rumors though, and Boots is down with that shit, so...

qsfwtzhym4ax.png
This discussion has been closed.