Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Protomen Classic: Act I now available in vinyl!

1545557596068

Posts

  • CosCos Registered User regular
    tumblr_m24t23ZajR1qjcm3po1_500.png

    God, I hope that is the actual cover art.

  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    oh my fuck

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Hey do you guys want to see the terribad Protomen cover band that played the Pax East jamspace this year?
    Of course you do

    I present to you THE PROTOMANS



    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    Uggggh
    There's also a band just called protoman

  • CosCos Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to make myself listen to more than about 10 seconds of those videos. Maybe I will have the strength later tonight?

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    The songs are actually easier to listen to than Fake Kilroy talking

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

    A reminder for everyone out there:

    Ironically terrible music? Still terrible.

    Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

    A reminder for everyone out there:

    Ironically terrible music? Still terrible.

    Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

    Christ, what are you, the fun police? I believe there was almost nobody at that concert besides the band playing, and the protomen themselves. Both "bands" are all friends just messing around.

    NickTheNewbie on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

    A reminder for everyone out there:

    Ironically terrible music? Still terrible.

    Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

    Christ, what are you, the fun police? I believe there was almost nobody at that concert besides the band playing, and the protomen themselves. Both "bands" are all friends just messing around.

    Yes, actually.

    It's a part time thing. I'm legally obligated to stop people from having fun.

    Awful job, but someone's got to do it. Otherwise, there'd be happy people all over, dancing in the streets, widespread celebration.

    In other words, ANARCHY.

    chiasaur11 on
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Have they hinted anything about Act III? Or have they decided just to fuck around? ;P

    steam_sig.png
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Act III will actually be Salsa-inspired and tell the Flashdance-style version of Samba De Amigo.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    that certainly explains why they recruited RINGO SEGUNDO

  • CosCos Registered User regular
    Act III will be released Dec 22 2012, with the release show occurring atop a Mayan temple. Exact location TBD.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Well Cos there are only so many Mayan temples still standing

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Holy fucking shit
    They're playing with Tenacious D

    THEY'RE PLAYING

    WITH

    THE D

    Sorry for having to sit on this mailer for a few days. Lots of things in the works.

    I'll go ahead and start with the Awesome news...
    Several days ago, I got fancy phone call from some fancy people associated with some other fancy people that were asking us to play a fancy show with them at a fancy venue in a fancy town for a lot of fancy people. After first shitting myself and then immediately telling them no-way because of fierce (not so fancy) scheduling difficulties, I came to realize that fancy people like this only come calling every-so-often, so we decided I should call the fancy people back and try to "work it out." And "work it out," we did…

    I know you're pooping yourself right now in anticipation, so I'll just cut the long-winded jackalackery right now and tell you. Tenacious D asked us to play with them next month in Vancouver. It's going to be absolutely amazing. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time.

    Now for the Bad news…
    The Tenacious D show is in Vancouver, BC on May 27th. Unfortunately, this means that we have to bow out of the last 3 shows at the end of our tour with Powerglove, Creature feature, and Danimal Cannon. We wish there was another way, but in order to get from Buffalo, NY to Vancouver, we need those three days of driving cross country. It saddens us to no end to have to drop out of some of this upcoming tour, but when the D calls, you tell him no at first because of scheduling woes, but then realize how stupid you were for telling the D no, and then you call him back with acceptance in your heart.

    Grey Ghost on
    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    I am weeping with joy and also with sadness because I wish I could be at that show

    are they really only doing one show with them, though?

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Looks like just the Vancouver show

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Preoooorderrrrrr

    ing.

    Man since I am broke as a joke this is the worst decision.

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Do they not?

    Man, what fucking good are they

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    Oh nevermind, I have to pay via paypal, which won't ship overseas, so I'm screwed.

    Well there's that problem solved!

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, they are essentially totally worthless unless I am shipping something to someone in the States as a gift.

    It's pretty fucking dumb.

    What's really annoying is that it'll calculate shipping on the Sound Machine website for overseas buuuut I'm not seeing any payment options other than paypal.

    Lost Salient on
    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • LasbrookLasbrook I will always find you Like it's written in the starsRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck, they managed to make me really jealous of Canada.

  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit
    They're playing with Tenacious D

    THEY'RE PLAYING

    WITH

    THE D

    Sorry for having to sit on this mailer for a few days. Lots of things in the works.

    I'll go ahead and start with the Awesome news...
    Several days ago, I got fancy phone call from some fancy people associated with some other fancy people that were asking us to play a fancy show with them at a fancy venue in a fancy town for a lot of fancy people. After first shitting myself and then immediately telling them no-way because of fierce (not so fancy) scheduling difficulties, I came to realize that fancy people like this only come calling every-so-often, so we decided I should call the fancy people back and try to "work it out." And "work it out," we did…

    I know you're pooping yourself right now in anticipation, so I'll just cut the long-winded jackalackery right now and tell you. Tenacious D asked us to play with them next month in Vancouver. It's going to be absolutely amazing. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time.

    Now for the Bad news…
    The Tenacious D show is in Vancouver, BC on May 27th. Unfortunately, this means that we have to bow out of the last 3 shows at the end of our tour with Powerglove, Creature feature, and Danimal Cannon. We wish there was another way, but in order to get from Buffalo, NY to Vancouver, we need those three days of driving cross country. It saddens us to no end to have to drop out of some of this upcoming tour, but when the D calls, you tell him no at first because of scheduling woes, but then realize how stupid you were for telling the D no, and then you call him back with acceptance in your heart.

    This is 3 months before I arrive in Vancouver

    I am

    I just

  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit
    They're playing with Tenacious D

    THEY'RE PLAYING

    WITH

    THE D

    Sorry for having to sit on this mailer for a few days. Lots of things in the works.

    I'll go ahead and start with the Awesome news...
    Several days ago, I got fancy phone call from some fancy people associated with some other fancy people that were asking us to play a fancy show with them at a fancy venue in a fancy town for a lot of fancy people. After first shitting myself and then immediately telling them no-way because of fierce (not so fancy) scheduling difficulties, I came to realize that fancy people like this only come calling every-so-often, so we decided I should call the fancy people back and try to "work it out." And "work it out," we did…

    I know you're pooping yourself right now in anticipation, so I'll just cut the long-winded jackalackery right now and tell you. Tenacious D asked us to play with them next month in Vancouver. It's going to be absolutely amazing. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time.

    Now for the Bad news…
    The Tenacious D show is in Vancouver, BC on May 27th. Unfortunately, this means that we have to bow out of the last 3 shows at the end of our tour with Powerglove, Creature feature, and Danimal Cannon. We wish there was another way, but in order to get from Buffalo, NY to Vancouver, we need those three days of driving cross country. It saddens us to no end to have to drop out of some of this upcoming tour, but when the D calls, you tell him no at first because of scheduling woes, but then realize how stupid you were for telling the D no, and then you call him back with acceptance in your heart.

    This is 3 months before I arrive in Vancouver

    I am

    I just

    Pfft, like there's even gonna be a vancouver after that show.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    So after that show in Vancouver, Tenacious D goes to Europe. After that, their first stop is in Nashville.

    Think this is a test run?

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    League/XBL: Amalockh
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    next stop, late night show gigs

    can you imagine the Protomen playing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon?

  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    Hm. Maybe I should get my passport soon... Vancouver isn't that far away...

  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    Tenacious D asked The Protomen to come over and play a show with them

    my god

  • CosCos Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Tenacious D asked The Protomen to come over and play a show with them

    my god

    And their first answer was NO.

  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    i just saw a quote from jack black about bands opening for Tenacious D
    Jack Black wrote:
    It's a rough slot even if you're a funny band, because our fans ... a lot of them apparently are not fans of music. They're really just fans of Tenacious D. Even if you're really good, too bad. I actually prefer to have people we don't know open for us, so when they receive the punishment, I don't feel as bad. I'm not in standing in the wings, going, "Oh, that's my friend you're crushing!"
    D: D: D: D: D: D:

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Hmmmm

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    I am quite sure that they don't deliberately seek out bands they think suck to open for them

    Something-something quote about publicity

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." DON'T FREAK OUT HAIL SATAN
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    well

    no

    i'm just worried about the reception and i hope (they likely are) the protomen are aware of this

    if not, well shit

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Oh man they're doing a release show for the Queen album in late June

    I might be able to make that

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

    A reminder for everyone out there:

    Ironically terrible music? Still terrible.

    Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

    Christ, what are you, the fun police? I believe there was almost nobody at that concert besides the band playing, and the protomen themselves. Both "bands" are all friends just messing around.

    Yes, actually.

    It's a part time thing. I'm legally obligated to stop people from having fun.

    Awful job, but someone's got to do it. Otherwise, there'd be happy people all over, dancing in the streets, widespread celebration.

    In other words, ANARCHY.


    you're doing a great thing here, boss

    chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
  • LasbrookLasbrook I will always find you Like it's written in the starsRegistered User regular
    Yeesssss, my copy of a night of queen is already shipping and in Austin. Probably be here tommorrow.

Sign In or Register to comment.