Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BLANK WHITE CARDS 3] Not Dead Round 6: Summery's Turn

EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MANRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Critical Failures
GAME ON (Post 45)
ATTENTION: Spectators may post in the thread, provided their posts are in italics, like this. Failure to comply, or inane chattering will result in your requested departure from the thread.

What the hell is One Thousand Blank Cards?

Think "Calvinball: MS Paint Edition."

Intriguing. Tell me more!

1000 Blank White Cards is a card game. Every player gets 5 cards. They go around one at a time, drawing one card, playing one card. Play continues until the deck runs out. Simple as falling off a log.

The catch is that generally you're writing the cards, because most of the cards in your hand are blank. You can do near whatever you like with a card - make up rules, destroy the rules, modify the rules, give people titles, make unreasonable demands, give points, anything you particularly like. An example from an old game on here:

00Primus_secretinvasion.jpg

Note several important elements: A title, an image, and what the card does. These are the three common elements of any card. Or things can get a bit more... abstract.

1003Mukai_Catgirl.JPG

Or possibly even surrealistic.

1003Mukai_MarsSunrise.JPG

or

030_Majik_God.JPG

You get an idea of the kind of shenanigans that can go down.

Wait... doesn't that card make sure nobody can win?

No rule against making a rule that nobody can win.

But... I... psyduck.gif

Right you are, my friend. Right you are.

But what's the POINT?

Play to win, my friends. Play to win.

Sort of. Only not really.

Quite often cards will give points, or coins, or glorbnaks. This is a fine thing, and a handy matchstick to determine "who has the most points". However, a true Thousand Card Master knows the point is to be funnier than the other fucksticks. If you make people laugh you have won. If you do not you can have infinity points and be a loser. Big-time loser. Epic loser.

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!

You will now.

I'm running this game. My powers are boundless and unconstrained by the mere cards of players. I reserve the right at any time to ruthlessly execute people for not playing a card within 24 hours if I am around, or if they are terminally stupid. I am a harsh dictator.

EvilBadman on
FyreWulff wrote: »
I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman