As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LA-MULANA 1 & 2 out now on Switch, Xbox One, PS4!

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Remember to hit everything everywhere, unless there is an eye in the room, then identify what the eye is protecting and hit everything else

Also, remember not to hit anything unless you've gotten some sort of clear indication that hitting it WILL help you, possibly from a tablet in an entirely different area.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    jothki wrote: »
    Remember to hit everything everywhere, unless there is an eye in the room, then identify what the eye is protecting and hit everything else

Also, remember not to hit anything unless you've gotten some sort of clear indication that hitting it WILL help you, possibly from a tablet in an entirely different area.

Nah just smack everything

There's different hit sounds if you need to keep hitting, if it can be hit but not with that weapon, or just nothing if it's nothing

and before we get ahead of ourselves the website has a manual on how to play, it contains information YOU CANNOT BEAT THE GAME WITHOUT which is not represented ingame

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

There's different hit sounds if you need to keep hitting, if it can be hit but not with that weapon, or just nothing if it's nothing

and before we get ahead of ourselves the website has a manual on how to play, it contains information YOU CANNOT BEAT THE GAME WITHOUT which is not represented ingame

That manual is so badly translated, though.

But yeah, it does have some vital info.

tSiJ6KZ.png

21stCentury on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Well you can beat the game without figuring it out with the power of ~brute force~ which is the only way I've ever seen blind playthroughs do it.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    And i'm stumped.

i have, like, 3 things i need to get, but i have no idea how to get them and i don't want to look it up.

I beat the bosses for the Gate of Guidance, the Mausoleum of Giants, the Temple of the Sun and the Spring in the Sky. i visited those 4 areas plus the Twin Labyrinth, the Magma Cavern, the Endless corridor, the Graveyard of Giants and the Temple of the Moon.

i think i know what i need, judging from the items list in the instruction manual: The Key to infinity... Problem is, I've no clue where to find it. i can't access about half of the Magma Cavern for some reason and I can't find more clues for the Eden puzzle either, only having two...
    The fiendish trap, which i found, and the place where the 4 puzzles point, which i haven't found... I assume I'm missing 2 clues, but i revisited all the areas and didn't find more.

A nudge would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Well you're on the right track but I don't remember where the other clues are
    there's more clues in the " to those seeking eden" set than you think, but not all of them refer to a spot to scan
    there are more areas you should be able to get to, accessed from
    the temple of the sun and the graveyard of the giants
    and there's something you should find useful if you thoroughly look
    on the surface, though actually you could already have it?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    there's more clues in the " to those seeking eden" set than you think, but not all of them refer to a spot to scan

Yeah, i have 4 clues in that set, but only 2 which refer to a spot...

I guess you mean i should
    Explore the Chamber of Extinction?

But it's dark and scary in there D:

about the 3rd hint...
    i have the seal of Birth and the Feather. i even found an orb of vitality

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    You have to find Michael Jackson.
    You think I'm being a smartass I bet, but I'm not.

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    You have to find Michael Jackson.
    You think I'm being a smartass I bet, but I'm not.

Hmm, is there a Neverland area?

• Options
    edited June 2014

Yeah, i have 4 clues in that set, but only 2 which refer to a spot...

I guess you mean i should
    Explore the Chamber of Extinction?

But it's dark and scary in there D:

about the 3rd hint...
    i have the seal of Birth and the Feather. i even found an orb of vitality

in that case you probably got a clue that said
    the inferno cavern has two weapons, one beyond pazuzu's guard and one extending from the pit of flames? go find 'em~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    okaaaaay! i made some progress and hit another wall!

This game... it's like you run, hit a wall. break it down, get back to running speed and then his another wall. And you can't stop because you just love the feeling you get when you break down a wall and take off running.
    Went to the Chamber of Extinction, found a clue to the Eden puzzle. Visited the graveyard of Giants, found a clue to the Eden Puzzle. Solved the puzzle, got to Eden.

Now, though, i'm confused. Do i need a special item once more? I Noticed a ghost but i can't find it again. I noticed a wall that was sort of wavey but couldn't go through it. is the ghost key? i tried following it but it vanished through a wall...

As for the chamber of Extinction, Yeah, i have the Axe and Flares... The flares don't light up a whole lot, sadly. The place is still scary and dark.

• Options
    Nah that area is just puzzles: the figuring out
    Good luck~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Nah that area is just puzzles: the figuring out
    Good luck~

okay, good! Thanks for the hint!

• Options
    Yeaaaaah, the Gate of illusion's puzzles are... obtuse as hell.

And yet, i'm the one that feels bad about it.

• Options
    Confusion Gate was even more of an asshole in the original too

Just look for the standouts in every set, your verbset is more fluid than you think

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    HAHAHAHA.

i beat a subboss, plunder its treasure, a platform falls on me.

"This is La-Mulana" an achievement pop-up gleefully informs me.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    In their demo/q&a livestream naramura revealed that trap to be his favorite - congrats

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Okay, at any rate, i got the Twins Statue now. I know where to go now! :D

• Options
    Hmm, okay, i'm stumped again.

here's a list of things i have and things i have done...
    Things i have
    1. Chain Whip, Knife, Axe, Key sword, Katana
    2. Shuriken, Rolling Shuriken, Spear, Flare Gun, Caltrops, Chakram, Silver Shield,
    3. Hand Scanner, Mini Doll, Dragon Bone, Pepper, Key of Eternity, Serpent Staff, Talisman
    4. 2nd Laptop, Waterproof and heatproof covers, Shell horn, Glove, Holy Grail, Isis Pendant, Crucifix, Helmet, Grapple Claw, Bronze Mirror, Ring, Scalesphere, Gauntlet, Anchor, Feather, Book of the Dead, Hermes Boots, Fruit of Eden, Twins Statue, Bracelet, Ice Cape
    5. The two map software, the two text recording software, the mural analysis software and a few other but not a lot.
    Things i have done
    • Beat Amphisbaena
    • Beat Sakit
    • Beat Ellmac
    • Beat Bahamut
    • Beat Viy
    • Visited the Gate of Guidance, Gate of illusion
    • Visited the Mausoleum of Giants, Graveyard of Giants
    • Visited the Temple of the sun, the temple of Moonlight
    • Visited the Spring in the Sky
    • Visited the Inferno Caverns, the Tower of Ruin
    • Visited the Chamber of Extinction
    • Visited the Twin Labyrinth
    • Visited the Endless Corridor
    • Visited the Shrine of the Mother
    • Visited the Tower of the Goddess
    • Un-boned the bones in the Shrine of the Mother.
    • Hit a valve in the Spring in the Sky (Can't open the other one through the wall)
    Things i think i need to do (i think?)
    • Open the left-side valve in the Spring in the Sky
    • Find my dad's Diary
    • Find an Ocarina to play in the Inferno Cavern
    • There are probably things to do in the pyramids. Several tablets talk about putting the woman inside of a man for some reason.
    • Find grenades. I've seen them on sale, so i assume i need to find some before i can buy some.
    • Find the 4th Seal
    • Un-petrify the philosophers
    • Do a thing with the little mobile things that look like the celestial disk. maybe?
    • Figure out how to turn the white crosses red in every area. Apparently that will do a thing?

A nudge in any direction would be super appreciated. If not, i'll just re-explore every screen to see if things have changed, i guess.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Things i have
    2. Shuriken, Rolling Shuriken, Spear, Flare Gun, Caltrops, Chakram, Silver Shield,
    3. Hand Scanner, Mini Doll, Dragon Bone, Pepper, Key of Eternity, Serpent Staff, Talisman
    4. 2nd Laptop, Waterproof and heatproof covers, Shell horn, Glove, Holy Grail, Isis Pendant, Crucifix, Helmet, Grapple Claw, Bronze Mirror, Ring, Scalesphere, Gauntlet, Anchor, Feather, Book of the Dead, Hermes Boots, Fruit of Eden, Twins Statue, Bracelet, Ice Cape
    5. The two map software, the two text recording software, the mural analysis software and a few other but not a lot.
    Things i have done
    • Beat Amphisbaena
    • Beat Sakit
    • Beat Ellmac
    • Beat Bahamut
    • Beat Viy
    • Hit a valve in the Spring in the Sky (Can't open the other one through the wall)
    • Find my dad's Diary
    • There are probably things to do in the pyramids. Several tablets talk about putting the woman inside of a man for some reason.
    • Find grenades. I've seen them on sale, so i assume i need to find some before i can buy some.
    • Find the 4th Seal
    • Do a thing with the little mobile things that look like the celestial disk. maybe?
    • Figure out how to turn the white crosses red in every area. Apparently that will do a thing?

A nudge in any direction would be super appreciated. If not, i'll just re-explore every screen to see if things have changed, i guess.

If I remember correctly (it's been quite a while), did you manage to enter the Graveyard of Giants from the Tower of the Goddess? I think that's where you get the grenades.

• Options

Things i have
    Things i have done
    • Beat Amphisbaena
    • Beat Sakit
    • Beat Ellmac
    • Beat Bahamut
    • Beat Viy
    • Find my dad's Diary
    • Find the 4th Seal

If I remember correctly (it's been quite a while), did you manage to enter the Graveyard of Giants from the Tower of the Goddess? I think that's where you get the grenades.

I have no idea how to do that because
    a massive statue is in the way.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    The other valve is the key thing. You should have gotten a hint on the tablet for those - the more difficult of the two imo has a hint in the game's achievements.

That said I don't remember which one is on the left/right - if you already did the achievement one then just meditate on the hint some more.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    The other valve is the key thing. You should have gotten a hint on the tablet for those - the more difficult of the two imo has a hint in the game's achievements.

That said I don't remember which one is on the left/right - if you already did the achievement one then just meditate on the hint some more.

Hmm, i only saw one tablet hint at how to get to it, and I assume it's the more obtuse of the two.

Thanks for the hint, though. Really helpful.

• Options
    Yeah there's only one tablet hint - it covers both of them but the way it's phrased makes it sound like it could be only one thing, here's the hint that triggers their vulnerability:
    The lake created by Migela and Futo.
    Ribu carries the water to the tower,
    the place where the finger points
    and Anunnaki refuses to gaze upon

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
  • Options
    That's one of the more complained about puzzles too, but I remember it from the original and got more stumped with the other side

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Whoo! I am glad i found that electronic scale by pure dumb luck... I probably would've had a lot more trouble with the scales puzzle if i hadn't.

Because i figured that one out... took some trial and error, because at first i thought the amounts were a sum and not, like, the actual amounts...

But now i have the thing!

The thing that does a thing!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Palenque...

That thing he does...

sure made me laugh angrily.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It took me......a while....to get past that

oh hey you've got a La-Mulana Brand puzzle coming up, have fun

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    You can probably get the Dragon Bone at this point, but the puzzle really stumped me

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Already have used the bone.

Also, Echidna's Chamber was the worst thing ever.

edit: I assume that Hell Temple is actually demonstrably worse

Edit 2: The Lamp of time sure trivializes a lot of miniboss encounters.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Hell Temple isn't mandatory. Thankfully.

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Hell Temple isn't mandatory. Thankfully.

I know what the reward is, if it's still the same from the original (I watched an LP years ago)

To call it not mandatory is sacrilege.

• Options
    It is much better in the remake than in the original

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    i'll admit to cheating here and there, but i am stumped for this and i don't want to cheat anymore... And yet i'm stumped.

I'm at the Dimensional Corridor
    i killed every subboss and visited every room except for one that's seemingly inaccessible. i'm missing one subboss, because one light is still unlit.

I tried to break every wall, ceiling and floor to get in, but to no avail...

i am just not sure of how to legitimately solve this conundrum.

• Options
    edited June 2014

heh heh heh

for that one it's a matter of finding the hints and realizing they apply - under the spoiler are their general locations, which will basically give away the puzzle but I don't know a good way of hinting at it because it's straight up "try looking here", though I kept it vague anyway to make you hustle for them
    one's a scannable in the tower of ruin
    one's a tablet in the shrine of the mother, in one of the one-off areas
    and the last one is a tablet in the inferno cavern

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options

heh heh heh

for that one it's a matter of finding the hints and realizing they apply - under the spoiler are their general locations, which will basically give away the puzzle but I don't know a good way of hinting at it because it's straight up "try looking here", though I kept it vague anyway to make you hustle for them
    one's a scannable in the tower of ruin
    one's a tablet in the shrine of the mother, in one of the one-off areas
    and the last one is a tablet in the inferno cavern

Hmmm, okay, i'll try to find those.

Thanks for the hint.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    haha, that tablet had puzzled me for so long, it kept me up at night. Finally i know what it meant.

The guardian, however... Well, that's a boss i don't understand.

Edit: Ah, I understand how to prevail... and i have prevailed indeed!

PROGRESS!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    So, i'm at the final (?) boss...

I'm fairly sure i know where this is going...
    Right after you beat the boss, you have to escape the ruins within 5 minutes and it'll be hard and if you fail you have to restart from the last save point, before the boss.

it's going to be a huge pain the ass, i'm sure of it.

• Options
    Actually not too bad, but you have to know where to go and the ruins shift around so you have to take different routes

VRXwDW7.png