As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !sign up

From one Blarney Phalla to the next. Do we get an awesome web app for this one too? Ya spoiled us last time. Right? Fire Emblem was a Blarnfidel production, right? Or is my memory completely slipping?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Where does it come from?

http://www.orokos.com/phalla/Memes
    Big Name Players

A hilarious and unfortunate critical failing to read the community during Bioshock wherein samurai6966 listed players into several categories. For reasons known only to him, he listed Houn, Julius Caezure, Spectrum, and psolms as "Big Name Players", regardless of the fact that three of the four had only been involved in Phalla since April 2009 at the earliest and he made this evaluation in August 2009 while being an even newer player himself.

Houn on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh, there is a wiki. I'm a bit new on this. Gonna read up so I'm a bit more prepared, I have been lurking other phallas so I think the learning curve won't be too steep.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This started too late for me so I will be dropping out

M.D. on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh, there is a wiki. I'm a bit new on this. Gonna read up so I'm a bit more prepared, I have been lurking other phallas so I think the learning curve won't be too steep.
    Lesson 1: Always listen to kime!

That's the most important lesson, of course.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Lesson 1: Always listen to kime so that you can do the opposite of what he says!

Fix'd

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Oooh, a mentor. I'll listen very carefully then. El Skid looks evil to me, he is evil isn't he?

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Oooh, a mentor. I'll listen very carefully then. El Skid looks evil to me, he is evil isn't he?

Yes he is! If you get a kill ability, you definitely should target him.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The new guy is messing with Kime. I think he'll do just fine.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What?! Who? Me?! I wouldn't mess with my mentor. Nononono, he'll teach me the game and I'll support him!

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also don't listen to B:L when he says he's never evil. You see, he used to be like that, but he's since been evil for the last two phallas he's been in. Ergo, he is now always evil. Probability works like that, in case you didn't know.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also don't listen to B:L when he says he's never evil. You see, he used to be like that, but he's since been evil for the last two phallas he's been in. Ergo, he is now always evil. Probability works like that, in case you didn't know.

Game Theory in action.

Houn on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »

Game Theory in action.

On that note, never listen to os's game theory.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    We have a wiki devoted to memes

I now feel slightly depressed

Gumpy on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    62 players... thanks for joining, guys.
    Ardor wrote: »
    You mention Dr. Lucky is an NPC and the players will be noted in their respective rooms publicly. If someone is in the same room as Dr. Lucky, do only they know this, or do the players know this via the public narrations?

Everyone will know where Dr. Lucky is at the start of each game day.
    Ardor wrote: »
    One more question. Let's say 4 of us are in the same room as Dr. Lucky. If I were to survive, would I be able to see everything that happened or at least the cards being used? It sounds like I'd only know what happened to me should I survive and the results of my actions.

You only know what happens to yourself, not other players.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, can someone tell me how to add a player page to the wiki? I figure I should get around to doing that one of these days, and I'm registered, but have no idea how to go about adding my page.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    !sign up

From one Blarney Phalla to the next. Do we get an awesome web app for this one too? Ya spoiled us last time. Right? Fire Emblem was a Blarnfidel production, right? Or is my memory completely slipping?

Hey!

It's Buzz Buzz!!

/wave

Hi Buzz Buzz!!!

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !sign up

Hey!

It's Buzz Buzz!!

/wave

Hi Buzz Buzz!!!

/wave

Hi eecc!

How're things? :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !sign up

Hey!

It's Buzz Buzz!!

/wave

Hi Buzz Buzz!!!

/wave

Hi eecc!

They're great! About to head out for the entire day. =)

How have you been? Life treating you well?

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !sign up

Hey!

It's Buzz Buzz!!

/wave

Hi Buzz Buzz!!!

/wave

Hi eecc!

They're great! About to head out for the entire day. =)

How have you been? Life treating you well?

Well enough, I suppose. We'll see how well I can Phalla while working full time. First time I've done this in two years, but at the last full time job, I was just monitoring a desk. Now I...gasp...actually have work to do! :(

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well enough, I suppose. We'll see how well I can Phalla while working full time. First time I've done this in two years, but at the last full time job, I was just monitoring a desk. Now I...gasp...actually have work to do! :(

Hahaha, I know how that is!

Anyway, hope you chaps and chapettes all have a nice day!

Ta ta

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Queer Theory in action.

feeding the butler fetish...

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arivia wrote: »

Queer Theory in action.

Hey...
    Wait a minute...

That's not what I said at all! How Dare You!

Houn on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

You'll be the first to die.

Also, Blarney, can you please add a No Orange Soda rule to the OP where it's prohibited to try and bully a player into quitting the game? Thanks.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arivia wrote: »

Queer Theory in action.

Hey...
    Wait a minute...

That's not what I said at all! How Dare You!

What? Judith's a fun "girl."

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Also, Blarney, can you please add a No Orange Soda rule to the OP where it's prohibited to try and bully a player into quitting the game? Thanks.

Wait, what? I remember there was an issue with asking players to quit via inactivity in a previous game, Gosling's The Mole (D&D) (I haven't checked, so I'm not 100% sure on that), but this is news to me. Bullying behavior hasn't really been a problem around these games, at least in terms of trying to coerce people to quit the game, and I hope it's not something that would be a regular occurrence. Then again, I haven't played in the past few games, so I think I might be missing some vital piece of information here. (Also, the name of that rule? You really need to brand it that way?)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Wait, what? I remember there was an issue with asking players to quit via inactivity in a previous game, Gosling's The Mole (D&D) (I haven't checked, so I'm not 100% sure on that), but this is news to me. Bullying behavior hasn't really been a problem around these games, at least in terms of trying to coerce people to quit the game, and I hope it's not something that would be a regular occurrence. Then again, I haven't played in the past few games, so I think I might be missing some vital piece of information here. (Also, the name of that rule? You really need to brand it that way?)

Context:
    I told him to quit because he was being extraordinarily antagonistic for no reason. If someone is antagonistic with me, I respond 10 fold back to them.

The "quitting" comment wasn't even really directed specifically at Jdark, but more of a blanket "if you don't want to play and are just sitting around not playing to your win condition than just fucking quit because you arn't helping anyone"

I just figured it would be a good name for the rule since OS would be the only one classless enough to not only do it, but to try and defend it, in recent memory.

But No Bullying is fine too.

• Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I sense a grudge.....

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, that strikes me as a more general rule, really. Comes up rarely enough that it's probably not an issue, but it's worth stating. I'll take care of it later this afternoon.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seems to me that "Playing to your win condition" and Inactivus largely take care of the mentioned situation. Unless I'm missing something.

Houn on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok, down with being nice. Plus, I got an infraction for this post:
    See where being rude isn't awesome!
    Arivia, I'm still not sorry, btw!
    Just Kidding, Much Love, My New Mortal Enemy!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    -_-

Can we please drop the bullying thing from my game? You all could have PM'd me and said 'you know, this kind of thing has been softbanned'.

Either way, now I have a few new rules to put into play if I host again/next time I host.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    -_-

Can we please drop the bullying thing from my game? You all could have PM'd me and said 'you know, this kind of thing has been softbanned'.

Either way, now I have a few new rules to put into play if I host again/next time I host.

I certainly would've had he NOT LIED AND SAID IT WAS A MECHANIC where he gets extra info if they pm'd him back.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Orange Soda actually dropped out, so I don't know if you'll actually be able to get a rise out of him in this game (because he is not in it [the game]).

Seriously on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yay, I'm still listed. Hopefully I'll have time to actually contribute, what with my having anxiety attacks due to personal issues.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    Orange Soda actually dropped out, so I don't know if you'll actually be able to get a rise out of him in this game (because he is not in it [the game]).

Seriously.

• Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously wrote: »

Seriously?

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I sense a grudge.....

Orange Soda and B:L? Grudging each other? Never.

Burnage on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This still makes me giggle a lot.
    lunapic125201862294683.gif

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I only bully people into voting the way I vote. thats still allowable right?

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.