As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue: Continuum Shift- There's a new thread. Use it.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I messed up a couple of Carnage Scissor commands at the ends and lost a round cause of it. You tend to always throw a lobelia and it basically is the only situation where carnage scissors seems to be worth it.

You arent going to beat me out. Not Ragna anyway. He has range and speed, which Rachel has one or the other, but not both. You can punsh mistakes I do for mad damage, otherwise you just need to lock me down better than I do you.

I get locked down a lot as Ragna because I just cant pull out a Inferno Divider from shit such as wakeup and block like other people can, which is my only real option out of pressure.

you can combo into carnage scissors with C, or any combo ending with C and maybe a few other moves, so it's comboable

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    carnage scissors blrgreherabl

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like it when they CS when a sword is halfway through them and gets hit anyway. :lol:

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's so bad
    stop using carnage scissorssssss

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I messed up a couple of Carnage Scissor commands at the ends and lost a round cause of it. You tend to always throw a lobelia and it basically is the only situation where carnage scissors seems to be worth it.

You arent going to beat me out. Not Ragna anyway. He has range and speed, which Rachel has one or the other, but not both. You can punsh mistakes I do for mad damage, otherwise you just need to lock me down better than I do you.

I get locked down a lot as Ragna because I just cant pull out a Inferno Divider from shit such as wakeup and block like other people can, which is my only real option out of pressure.

you can combo into carnage scissors with C, or any combo ending with C and maybe a few other moves, so it's comboable

Oh yes, I ever so love spending 50% meter comboing a special for much less damage.

Id rather just use it to rush cancel or whatever its called into something else.

Hence, why CS is usually not worth it. Besides, if I want to use meter on a super in a combo, its always going to be Blood Install or whatever, cause those combos are disgusting, and sometimes can even lead into his third OP super.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    the best part of carnage scissors is that with japanese voices ragna says "carnegie scissors"

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The best part of CS is when you land it.

Cause it never happens, but when it does Its all up in thier face.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Combos were literally coming out like butter.

That sentence makes the least sense of, like, any sentence ever.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ARGHHHHHH.
    I won like 4 ranked matches... I must have played about 20 or so.
    FFFFFFFF I shouldn't have ever left this game.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why, so we can use Blood Kain instead only to see the opponent jump around like a little bitch? They should remove the health drain. Sol didn't have one for Dragon Install. Sol also didn't have a losing problem.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Why, so we can use Blood Kain instead only to see the opponent jump around like a little bitch? They should remove the health drain. Sol didn't have one for Dragon Install. Sol also didn't have a losing problem.

Dragon Install sucks though. Blood Kain doesn't. And you opponent jumping around can not only be overcame, but it can be used to your advantage.

Also, rapid cancel combos.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yo guys, check out carl's new projectile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k5DJAoeViY&feature=player_profilepage

It is going to be the most annoying shit ever.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Offscreen haduokens!

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dang, that'll be a surprise attack in many Carl matches.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    On the top of page last 3-4 are new by the way.

Not really gonna be a surprise if they keep spamming it. :lol:

Antihippy on
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are you guys looking to see how much life that projectile takes off from nirvana? It does alot. Also looks like basic ground loop doesn't work because carl's dash is nerfed. So unlike Rachel it looks like theres really no significant damage after getting hit by it.

Don't get me wrong the projectile looks great, in fact it looks like the best thing carl has for him currently.
    Though a severely reduced Nirvana health bar, crappier dash, still crappy damage, loss of his best overhead, and a good projectile does not make it anywhere close to good.

edit: hazama looks incredible.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    TianXia7541TianXia7541 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FroggyP wrote: »
    Are you guys looking to see how much life that projectile takes off from nirvana? It does alot. Also looks like basic ground loop doesn't work because carl's dash is nerfed. So unlike Rachel it looks like theres really no significant damage after getting hit by it.

Don't get me wrong the projectile looks great, in fact it looks like the best thing carl has for him currently.
    Though a severely reduced Nirvana health bar, crappier dash, still crappy damage, loss of his best overhead, and a good projectile does not make it anywhere close to good.

edit: hazama looks incredible.

Nirvana's health bar recharges really fast, though.

Bang's looking good still. More proration overall, but his combo options open up quite a bit thanks to 6C buff and new j.C as well as faster 2B/Drives. Plus he can still 4-seal out of random hits, and 3-seal is looking super easy (5A 5B 2B 6C j.D JC j.236C, land, j.D, j.2369C, land, d.5C 5D).

Still looking technical as hell though, not a problem. Will keep the number of Bang scrubs down as usual.

Edit: Hazama does look like fun, dunno about incredible. He looks pretty slow overall.

TianXia7541 on
    PSN: TianXia7541 - AIM: TianXia7541
    Currently Playing: Blazblue (nonstop)
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    On the top of page last 3-4 are new by the way.

Not really gonna be a surprise if they keep spamming it. :lol:

Well I'm sure that once in a while it'll be a surprise. Though I'm not sure how Carl works. Does he make any tell tale signs of commanding Nirvana?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The projectile comes out fast enough and Carl makes little enough movement that it'd be catch. In the jin match, jin was jumping quite alot so was able to avoid it, but alot of times jin still got hit out by it. It'll clash with projectiles too , it canceled out Nu's swords.

Nirvana loses health fast and gains health fast, which though sounds like it'd balance with lose life slow and gain life slow, it doesn't really. When the puppets dead, life gain goes back to being slow, if not slower than CT.
    Thus pushing Nirvana over the edge is quite the penalty as the Carl nerfs make him even worse without his puppet. When you're comboing your puppet health is going down drastically. When you use the projectile to jump in and combo into whatever, your puppet already has drastically lower life so you damage won't be as high. If your puppet gets hit this makes it even worse. It was noted a full tager A B C D 236A killed the puppet. If your puppet gets damaged, you may or may not be able to do a projectile cus your puppet could die.

If you're just keeping Nirvana offscreen and spamming projectiles then yeah the health loss wont' even matter as long as you aren't stupid, though it's hard to say if you can win matches this way.
    I literally mean it is hard to say because in the future some broken combo may come up with carl and all you need is a projectile to start it.:P

I'm also making a mountain out of a mole hill with this puppet life thing. It'll make the play style a bit different but it's really the least of Carl's worries and isn't actually a big deal at all. I'm just making this point to say that this is yet to be gamebreaking or anywhere near a pumpkin.

FroggyP on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dude, when you see the video you can see that he could spam 3-4 without killing neesan and then wait for a relatively short period for nirvana to gain back health.

While I don't really think that it would give carl something like rachel's pumpkin rush game, it's gonna be pretty annoying at how safe it could make carl. I could see it used to cover escapes and approaches.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The game is looking good so far, hopefully it'll be balance enough.

Till then, Tekken here I come! Hippy are you going to main a crazy robot girl again in that game? I hope she's overpower, we'll need someone to flame in the tekken thread too.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Asuka will always be my main. <3

Totally subbing crazy robot girl though. And then maybe attempt to learn lei and xiaoyu again.

Just recently started using an IC card for the arcade. My record is like 1 win 20 losses. D:

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dude, when you see the video you can see that he could spam 3-4 without killing neesan and then wait for a relatively short period for nirvana to gain back health.

While I don't really think that it would give carl something like rachel's pumpkin rush game, it's gonna be pretty annoying at how safe it could make carl. I could see it used to cover escapes and approaches.

That's pretty much what I said.
    "If you're just keeping Nirvana offscreen and spamming projectiles then yeah the health loss wont' even matter as long as you aren't stupid"

Yeah it would seem to give Carl like an incredibly and ridiculously safe approach. Against the zoners now in CT it would bump up his matchup by two points at least. With zoners getting nerfed in CS this is even better.

Enough about Carl though.

Hazama's snakes look great for approaches which could make up for his terrible move speed. Wonder how his slowness of his moves will factor in. His 5B seems to have great priority.

FroggyP on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

That's pretty much what I said.
    "If you're just keeping Nirvana offscreen and spamming projectiles then yeah the health loss wont' even matter as long as you aren't stupid"

Oh yeah, whoops. :P

I guess i just want to say that his fireballs are going to be incredibly annoying then.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I can find this for $30 to $35 online, I'm definitely getting it; probably have to settle for the standard edition for that price, though.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited October 2009

use the invincibility on blood kain to your advantage
    alt: learn how to rapid cancel

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sol didn't really win much though. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't incredible either, more or less like ragna. He also couldn't combo into a dragon install either like ragna can.

FroggyP on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sol didn't really win much though. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't incredible either, more or less like ragna. He also couldn't combo into a dragon install either like ragna can.

And like I said earlier, Blood Kain is actually useful as long as you're smart with it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

use the invincibility on blood kain to your advantage
    alt: learn how to rapid cancel

Ragna's 5D becomes silly with Blood Kain, so if you can get them into the corner and do a Blood Kain from there, you can pull some pretty silly stuff. You can also combo into it in a variety of different ways, it's not terribly difficult.

TianXia7541 on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Blood Kain is probably one of the better supers really, Ragna gets silly damage, huge screen control and an incredibly awesome super with it.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing BK's invincibility frames get nerfed a bit, really. It's too much when Ragna doesn't have to worry about just running up and BKing in their face because whoops, if they try and stop him from running up he gets a free punish.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing BK's invincibility frames get nerfed a bit, really. It's too much when Ragna doesn't have to worry about just running up and BKing in their face because whoops, if they try and stop him from running up he gets a free punish.

Well...it does drain 1/3 his life bar(though that's arguable since he can get all that and more back) and only loses for 10 seconds. So it better be good.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    setrajonas wrote: »

Well...it does drain 1/3 his life bar(though that's arguable since he can get all that and more back) and only loses for 10 seconds. So it better be good.

Anytime ragna is doing BK should be a time where he'll be guaranteed some hits or else he'll ending up losing more life than gained, well thats obvious. Setra is saying ragna shouldn't be guaranteed BK hits so easily because at it is you can just run up do BK. They try to punish, they get punished, they wait, he locks them and and hurts them alot. This should not be the case.

Basically, BK is extremely good if used appropriately, and really bad if used stupidly. BK is very easy to be used appropriately and thus very easy to be extremely good. Some hyperbole in there but thats the gist.

FroggyP on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know and that's what I'm saying. It fits the mold of Ragna being a "big risk/big reward" character that the creators wanted.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If he was big risk big reward then they SHOULD slightly nerf the invincibility frames on BK right?

FroggyP on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    there should still be some invincibility
    you know, so there's reward

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well...he only has invincibility on the startup of the move, so I don't see the big deal. Everything else is due to his range being beefed up. Like I'm saying. Blood Kain is manageable. Really, they fixed the only thing I saw as a problem with it (j6D having such a long range).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...he only has invincibility on the startup of the move, so I don't see the big deal. Everything else is due to his range being beefed up. Like I'm saying. Blood Kain is manageable. Really, they fixed the only thing I saw as a problem with it (j6D having such a long range).

You mean 6D or j.D, I assume. He has no j.6D.

TianXia7541 on