Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Blazblue: Continuum Shift- There's a new thread. Use it.

AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
untitled-3.jpg

Continuum Shift stuff

The characters! Click on the character box. (courtesy of Chaoshat):
1zd17as.jpgvq6450.jpgzje35d.jpg2yun9u0.jpg
o9oej6.jpgrc7af9.jpg2q30qaq.jpg
1z3qqs9.jpg1zdmzgj.jpg2rdjj49.jpg
n6ol5s.jpgk4ieyc.jpg263u36a.jpg
29mq1c7.jpg2cqfkzo.jpg25iluld.jpgxktwjk.jpg
Spoiler:

Woooooooooooooo.

Xbox live Gamertags/PSN IDs

Chaoshat made a nice list and form. Use it!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHdGenh5dW9IQnRza0p4YlRacWhDRVE6MA
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=twFzxyuoHBtskJxbTZqhCEQ&output=html

Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/blazbluecalamitytrigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ34oUcH55Y

What is Blazblue?

Blazblue is a fighting game from Arc System Works, the makers of the famous Guilty Gear. It was originally meant to be set in the same universe, but apparently not? Anyway, to any of you who are familiar with Guilty Gear, you should know what to expect. Which is batshit insane characters, fast-paced gameplay and the best music to ever grace a videogame.

But how does it play?

Unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia.

The game uses an 8-directional lever, common to most fighting games, and 4 attack buttons: Light, Middle, Heavy, and Drive, the latter of which activates unique special abilities for each character. Throws and throw cancels are performed by pressing medium and strong at the same time. In addition to basic dashing and jumping, there are also double-jumps and aerial dashes.

Heat Gauge: An energy gauge used for the Distortion Drive and Rapid Cancel.

Distortion Drive: Special attacks unique to each character that consume 50% of the heat gauge. Performed with some arrows motion plus the drive button.

Barrier Gauge: A gauge that regenerates over time, used for Barrier and Barrier Burst. The defense capability of a character is lowered for a set period of time when this gauge reaches zero.

Barrier: Pushes back the enemy and prevents guard damage. Performed by pressing weak attack and medium attack at the same time while guarding.

Barrier Burst: Pushes the opponent away, either when guarding or receiving damage, thus cancelling the enemy's combo in the latter case. Uses 100% of the barrier gauge and leaves it to zero for a set period of time. Performed by pressing all four buttons at the same time.

So, basically, mostly renamed versions of what's already in Guilty Gear.

Online details!
the match making system is awesome. I can honestly say, BB online model is far superior compare to SF4. Though might be a bold statement, But here's a quick breakdown:

Here's one scenario that should give you an idea.

I log onto XB Live, Play BB, go on network mode. I look for a rank match, but before that I wanna see among my friends who's in the top. From there, I can see some replays of my friends matches that they uploaded and see how they are doing. It'll even show you who they last played based on the icon next to their name. Next, I get bored watching my friends bullshit replays so I wanna see the top of the top, so I browse on the monthly leaderboard, I can now see who's at the top and check out his best replays and realize how sucky or how much better I am...So I get pumped up and I noticed some of my friends are online as well. So I start a lobby and start dictating the amount of slots I want for players and spectators. From there, I invite all my friends and we all say wassup and proceed to kick each others ass. We can save replays, spectate, and talk as much trash as we want. But wait, I got a homie that just signed on, sends me a msg, talking shit about my match!

But when I look at my lobby he ain't there!

How that works is my boy is searching for rooms to join but before joining, a player can see what's going on in each room, including icons that display who's currently fighting in the current match, who's winning the match, connection speed of the room, and who's in the lobby.

And there is still various other options and setups.. but that's just one example from player match...I hope that gave you an idea on what is to come.

And yes, this is for PS3 as well. So no haters please....

Now, hook up some rep points!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6540209&postcount=5764

Story for anyone who cares:
Spoiler:

SCREENS
Spoiler:

THESE VIDEOS ARE AWESOME

Trailer showing all characters

Another trailer with some nice gameplay

Original trailer.

Characters (again unashamedly copy pasted from wikipedia):
Spoiler:

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS LONG.

Gameplay vidjas.

And for those who always wonder what the hell we're on talking about 236 B's, 412364 A's or 781209 C's, well, this is for you.
learningfighters.png

They represent directional inputs. 4 is left, 6 is right, 2 is down, etc. etc.

Antihippy on
10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    First footage of hazama in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU

• RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everything in continuum shift looks awesome, I can't wait for the story to progress some more. Now if only my Xbox was hooked up so I could actually play some BB.. stupid wireless interwebs.

Tsubaki really looks nothing like I expected, but that's probably a good thing seeing as I expected her to look almost like Noel.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aksys returns to make fighting games metal.

THEY WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL! BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST BLACK, TIMES INFINITY!

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakumen marries Kokonoe and they adopt Carl, while Bang and Ragna team up to stop the library. Meanwhile, Taokaka gets spayed and Litchi turns tricks in downtown Chinatown. Next Time, on Blazblue Z!

edited October 2009
    Hazama:

Regarding D- It seems you have options after hit/block d moves as well. Not sure because it's hard to get the reference the guy was using. I don't recognize them.

3C- looks like Jin's sweep. Can go into arial combo, cancel into the launcher and seems like a basic combo.

Forward throw- hits opponent far away, seems to be able to hit with command throw (huh?) but nothing after. No combo yet known.

backwards throw- hits opponent away backwards. Still need testing.

裂閃牙- overhead, ambiguous(?). Crouch hit can link into 2a

牙昇脚- AA. opponent float on hit. Not sure if combo is possible afterwards.

残影牙- for comboing purposes. Not sure if it's a low or not

飛鎌突- dive, ground bounce on hit, decent recovery time, can combo after a low air (tk possibly) attack. May also be usable as an tk overhead.

牙砕衝- command throw, advantage after hit is small. may only be linkable to 2a

蛇翼崩天刃- disappears for a second and then do johnny's 6k (I think, can't remember for which move he says ザ・ドリルデンジャー). Does not auto warp-in on target. can regular guard in the air. After hit cannot tech till landing. 1 other thing that I can't make out.

蛟竜烈華斬- Can be guarded. Start-up slow, active frame low, damage low. Not sure what it's for.

basic combo- 2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬
    蛇刹>裂閃牙>2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬

2A>5B>3C>蛇刹>残影牙>5C>2C>蛇咬>空中ダッシュ J2C?>5C>2C>蛇咬, not confirmed because the guy didn't do this combo, he saw someone else do it.

hakumen:

Someone mentioned hop cancel gurren (lolwut?)

Carl:

can hop cancel like hakumen (huh!?)
    Bang:

Furinkazan takes 100% meter.

B nail has forward momentum like A nail.

3c not jump cancellable.

3 reps of 2b > 623b is possible (maybe).

6c combo has slightly reduced damage.

jc- looks like 6c
    j2c- old jc

Tager:

Too lazy to post combos, but it seems tager has basic gatlings now.

a buster/b buster, 2700/3600 dmg.

4d counter wall bounces. Good start-up and block stun, can probably be used on wake-up.

a sledge loop only goes 2 loops now.

5c is now neutral on block (maybe).

overall it seems tager's damage also got nerfed. spark bolt combo is 2800.

Jin:

2a slower (by 1F probably).

5c is faster but has less range and block stun.

jc is about as fast tao's jc. block stun is similar to current jb. range is 1.3X tao jc. Consensus is a very good move.

j2c(current jc) is 2-3F slower, no big issue.

5D is slower.

System:

bursting cuts your remaining primer down to half.
    More stuff about Hazama:

His step can be canceled with barrier and various moves, but his jump isn't that great (short and slow). As a result, he moves kind of slow, and you need to use his Drive to move quickly.

He's sort of like Johnny, with skills that are mostly short range. Since his weapons are short, you have to be within hand-to-hand range for most of his moves, which is realistic.

His Drives are are reminiscent of Lei-Lei (Hsien Ko) from the Vampire (Darkstalker) series.

He seems to have a lot of unpolished elements, so he'll probably be better in later loke tests.

And apparently no more wiggle for jin's freezes, it just wears off a set amount of time.

THANK YOU.

• DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm...well, before you say thank you...have to know how long it last.

Probably going to be somewhere inbetween so I don't mind. All I need is a few frames to set a combo up.

• Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I could usually wiggle out of Jin's freezes, but a lot of times I'd be wiggling forward when it broke and I would eat the next attack anyway :( .

WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited October 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Probably going to be somewhere inbetween so I don't mind. All I need is a few frames to set a combo up.

I don't mind freezing as some sort of stun/combo extender gimmick, but the wiggling gets really annoying after the first few times.

edited October 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »

I don't mind freezing as some sort of stun/combo extender gimmick, but the wiggling gets really annoying after the first few times.

That is true. I have a friend who simply refuses to wiggle Jins freezes and I grimace whenever he fights someone online and they just do whatever they want.

edited October 2009
    Ragna:

2c goes into 6c. More for comboing purpose than anything as far as I can tell.

Rachel:

New super (uses one wind to activate along with 50% meter)- 1 wind at start results inrelease of 5 koumori (bats).
    2 winds result in 4 koumori + 1 bull
    3 winds result in 2 koumori + 2 bulls + 1 pumpkin
    4 winds result in 2 bulls + 2 pumpkins + king george.
    I'm intrigued.

King George!
    Jin:

Specials-

A fireball- everything has less frames (I'm not sure if he means less start-up, block stun, recovery, etc)

b fireball- faster?

C fireball- a and b fireball at the same time.not safe to use for close range. Block stun is longer than b fireball.

d fireball- first hit guard crush. start-up slightly slower. Someone did d fireball > a dp > a dp apparently.

air fireballs- didn't change

air d fireball- start-up slightly slower. more landing recovery (5-6F)

a dp- scales much more (a dp > wave super doesn't do 3k). Guard crush. Used for same purpose as right now

b dp- Other than adding guard crush nothing else is different (not sure if it's comparing to loc test 1 or current game)

c dp- guard crush. more recovery.

d dp- guard crush. scales more.

A musou- didn't change

b musou- ground hit result in disadvantage

c musou- about the height of ragna's 5b. Will down opponent. half distance (in the air only?)

d musou- guard crush, no other change.

C mash- no change

wave super- start-up slower by 3-4F

arrow super- no change

yukikaze- different motion than hakumen (214 214 instead of 236 236, as stated before). Doesn't seem to be comboable afterwards.
    Noel:

New combo- 6A→(6C→236A)*3→6C→jc→236C. Optic barrel must be A LOT faster. This does a little over 3k btw

edited October 2009
    Cool. Thanks, man.

Also, I will play Smooth Criminal whenever my opponent uses Hazama.

edited October 2009
    I like how Lambda just stood there after FuRinKaZan and let Bang kick her in the face.

edited October 2009
    I have to say...I'm really digging Hazama's playstyle. May have to try him out.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have to say...I'm really digging Hazama's playstyle. May have to try him out.

Yeah, his drive looks pretty amusing in particular. Pretty awesome how it just launches him around at high speeds. Can't wait until this is actually out in arcades and people begin to get down combos for him.

SkutSkut wrote: »
    I like how Lambda just stood there after FuRinKaZan and let Bang kick her in the face.

I choose to believe this is because they added the awesome power up music to the Arcade version and she was simply wowed by it.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie the way you look should be a sinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hazama yessss

3926 4292 8829
    edited October 2009
    I also notice that Hazama has a charge bar for his chains like Rachel has for her wind. Probably to prevent Spiderman shenanigans.

edited October 2009
    From what I understand, the charges only replenish when he's on the ground, and it appears they recharge relatively quickly. There's a maximum of two at a time and they're only used up when he launches himself. I also noticed in one video it appeared that it instantly popped from zero to two charges when it refilled, though I could be mistaken since the video quality is a bit lacking.

• ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone willing to shed some light on the true ending?
    Spoiler:

RachelSig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ah

How could I have missed the
    Spoiler:
    thing?

Well, that still leaves plenty of room for plot development in continuum shift.

RachelSig.jpg
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    Hazama looks interesting, hope some none shaky came fotage comes out soon.

• AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if they changed the announcer.

paDudSig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    psychotix wrote: »
    Hazama looks interesting, hope some none shaky came fotage comes out soon.

Wouldn't count on any higher quality footage for awhile. From what I understand people aren't even supposed to have cameras at the location test, so people were just sneaking out their cell phones to record it. Unless Arc Systems releases a video than it's unlikely we'll see anything better until it's released in Arcades.

edited October 2009
    Airan wrote: »

I hope not...her engrish was a thing of beauty.

• Blue mapBlue map Freedom Fighter Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Airan wrote: »

I hope not...her engrish was a thing of beauty.

Jin win has become a running gag in my circle of friends, i would be devastated if it was re dubbed for the sequel.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    edited October 2009
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I disagree about Rachel...
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I disagree about Rachel...
    Spoiler:

That's what I said...>_>

• FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So interesting thing for people who care, probably no one.
    Carl's clap loop wasn't removed entirely though it was balanced. The clap was air unblockable and it still is. What they did to fix it was the puppet will actually die after about 5 claps and carl's dash/hop has a bit more recovery so if you tech his throw, he shouldn't be able to relaunch you.

Nice as they left Carl with a air unblockable clap, pretty scary though that you can only use it a few times before you're puppet dies....

PSN: AnalogSoul
  • BeezelBeezel Man with the plan Orbiting Planet NexusRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FroggyP wrote: »
    Carl's clap loop wasn't removed entirely though it was balanced. The clap was air unblockable and it still is. What they did to fix it was the puppet will actually die after about 5 claps and carl's dash/hop has a bit more recovery so if you tech his throw, he shouldn't be able to relaunch you.

Nice as they left Carl with a air unblockable clap, pretty scary though that you can only use it a few times before you're puppet dies....

When it ends and the clapee realizes he isn't dead yet he's gonna be piiiissssed

10NLNWQ.png
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've never actually gotten into a clap loop I couldn't get out of.
    Although I've heard with Rachel it's easier to get out of.

edit-
    Can someone add me to the GT list in the OP, I didn't see my name there.

GT is Blaze Zero XX

edited October 2009
    Rachel's one of the few where he couldn't clap infinite. Unless he manages to catch you in the air without any wind stocks.

Awesome videos. Lambda's change isn't that drastic from first looks.

• CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
    edited October 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I haven't played in month(story mode that is) but I thought she was the one who activated it. You may be right though.

edited October 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I haven't played in month(story mode that is) but I thought she was the one who activated it. You may be right though.
    Spoiler:

edited October 2009
    Beezel wrote: »
    FroggyP wrote: »

When it ends and the clapee realizes he isn't dead yet he's gonna be piiiissssed

Well it seems like a good solution so far. I'm interested to see how the new Nu act parser plays out.

edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    First one is pretty good, interesting play style.

edited October 2009
    Rachel just cut Hazama to ribbons with the same dazzling shit from the first game. Rachel players need to quit their bitching.

steam_sig.png