As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]wipe

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I have a pimple or something inside my nose. it's really terrible.

I hate those fuckers. Painful and you can't get a grip on it to burst them, and unless you want to fiddle around with a needle up your nose you just have to wait them out.

Bogart on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Pony, I think you're awesome and have much <3 for you.

you know i honestly didn't realize how much time i spend volunteering and charity work and etc. until a friend of mine got tired of my self-depreciating comments and she was like "you fucking tool, you have any idea how much time you actually devote to helping others? look at this" and she listed all the shit i do that i don't really think about

jeez

you would think it's like i have a massive guilt complex and hate myself and i'm desperately seeking redemption, or something!

Pony on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My parents have always given me lots of trust and support.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I bought FFXI and the strategy guide.

I played it for a day after waiting for a week for an invitation to the server I wanted to make a character on, got bored, and never touched it again.

Fifty dollars plus the cost of the strategy guide.

Sarksus on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    to be fair mmos are pretty retarded.

Greeper on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man, totally worth buying it. They added dodging.
    Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Go fuck yourself.
    Dude, seriously, you said the difference was that you can dodge a bullet and not a fireball. This is not a purchase-worthy difference. FUCK YES I CAN DODGE EVERYTHING IS AWESOME NOW.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    japan wrote: »
    I could hear my cat moving around, but couldn't figure out where he was.

This is because he is on my highest shelf, on top of my hydration pack:

April (my cat) loves bags and backpacks. She nearly always sleeps on one of my bags, and if someone comes to visit she's all "Woohoo, a new bag!"

Echo on
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    No. She had this very, very odd idea for a long time that the sequence of events would be

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

You've done step 1, Bob, but you're really dicking around on following through with step 2. Stick with the plan and we can have you strung out on crack by christmas.

Bogart on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hakks - I know what you mean with the fighting and not being clever. There's an entire area of my life that my dad and I don't talk about for precisely those reasons.

That said, Than's idea is good. They won't get a notice about you changing what they can access.

I think you guys are missing the point. I replied to some dude's post on her wall that she's got a crush on :P.

In which case I can understand her reasoning exactly.

oh god a crush on him are you psychotic

God no that guy is the weirdest dude ever, plus...asian. I am sorry asians of the world I just cannot find asian men attractive.

no, what i meant about him was that he knows my sister very well and she can't know shit

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Podly wrote: »

yeah, same. They have their weirdnesses but really I wouldn't change anything for how much they've been behind me at every turn.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakks - I know what you mean with the fighting and not being clever. There's an entire area of my life that my dad and I don't talk about for precisely those reasons.

That said, Than's idea is good. They won't get a notice about you changing what they can access.

I think you guys are missing the point. I replied to some dude's post on her wall that she's got a crush on :P.

God no that guy is the weirdest dude ever, plus...asian. I am sorry asians of the world I just cannot find asian men attractive.

no, what i meant about him was that he knows my sister very well and she can't know shit

Lady, you are asian.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    hey i am a totally upstanding citizen

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad

"Here's my new friend, mom. He's awesome. Don't ask him about anything he's ever done."

In all fairness, my mum would hate him.

Then again there have only been two men in my life my mum didn't hate, and one of those I wasn't sleeping with and would never ever sleep with.

My mum has some odd paranoid fears when it comes to me and guys.

Was she expecting you to forsake all others and live with her as an in-home caregiver or something?

No. She had this very, very odd idea for a long time that the sequence of events would be

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

was never really sure why. I'm pretty sure that if I introduced here to some of my current male friends, despite the fact me and japan have been together for ages and I'm pretty career orientated, she would still have this as the sequence of events.

o_O That's a bit different way to look at things.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cesca your mom reminds me of my grandmother (I call her Tutu). Apparently my mom was complaining to her about how I didn't do what she told me to do (mostly because my mom is CRAZY, but that's a whole other story), so my Tutu sat me down during one of our visits and told me that 'girls who do that start doing drugs'.

Compared to that reasoning I think sex -> drop out -> drugs -> die is almost logical. :?

Passerbye on
    edited October 2009
    matt you are being a whiner

you are whining about other people being enthusiastic about something that you are clearly predisposed to not liking

quit being a shit

Pony on
    edited October 2009
    I have a pimple or something inside my nose. it's really terrible.

I hate those fuckers. Painful and you can't get a grip on it to burst them, and unless you want to fiddle around with a needle up your nose you just have to wait them out.

yeah its gonna be a waiting game.

Variable on
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    April (my cat) loves bags and backpacks. She nearly always sleeps on one of my bags, and if someone comes to visit she's all "Woohoo, a new bag!"

Mine too. The missus just put hers down not twenty minutes ago and then called me over because thirty seconds later Delilah had curled herself on top of it and was purring contentedly.

Bogart on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    matt you are moving the goal posts, son

you are like "who gives a shit about character customization, gameplay is what matters!"

and then people explain the gameplay to you and you are like "who cares! it's just like every other MMO!"

and then people tell you how it's not, and you get flippant

did MMORPGs beat you as a child, matt

you can tell me

i'm sensitive
    Man I'm not moving any goalposts. Dodging. If that's an innovative and fresh gameplay change to you, you need help.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    And you can tell from that video what order they worked on things Matt? God, you are being such a retard right now.
    I see they worked on character modeling and decal application. I don't see a game there. I see nothing that tells me that's anything but a glorified Zwinky or something. It's PS Home with guns at this point, and PS Home sucks.

Are you being purposefully dense or what?

Yes, they have one video out that focuses on the customization the the game.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE GAME GUYS. ANY VIDEO OF THE GAME MUST COVER ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME OTHERWISE THOSE ASPECTS MUST NOT EXIST.

Christ you are a dumb bugger.
    The first video they released was on skinning the character, and people jizzed all over it. That's what I'm talking about.

That said, I've watched the gameplay videos too. I'm still not impressed. GTA MMO, ok, so?

Do you just not like MMOs or something? Because being a shooter makes it automatically better than pretty much every MMORPG currently available. MMORPG gameplay is stale; anything that changes it up is a good thing.
    How does it change anything? You're shooting bullets instead of fireballs. You drive ricers instead of riding horses. It's still go here, kill these guys, get this loot. Or go here, stop these guys, protect this loot.

Are you really saying that a third-person shooter is the same as an RPG?

Really? GTA4 is the same game as, I don't know, pick an RPG.
    As APB? It's pretty close yeah when you're playing online. It's not hard to play with the same group of friends and stick with the same character in GTA4 multiplayer. You're limited in game styles of course (well, sort of, playing freeplay you can come up with anything you want really), but aside from the expansiveness of APB there's not a whole lot different.

Okay so you don't actually care about the gameplay, you just think massively multiplayer games are useless because you'd rather just play with a group of friends. Some people disagree; they enjoy the persistent nature of the world they're in, they like that they can make their character their own and customize them with clothing and weapons, they like that they can make some kind of impact on another player's experience.

Edit: Matt, stop being obtuse. Inquisitor gave you a short description of the gameplay. It's obvious that there's more to the game than dodging. It's a third-person shooter. They're complex.

Sarksus on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

You've done step 1, Bob, but you're really dicking around on following through with step 2. Stick with the plan and we can have you strung out on crack by christmas.

I like to think that I did step 2 on Cesca's behalf.

We share burdens in our relationship.

japan on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, totally worth buying it. They added dodging.
    Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Go fuck yourself.
    Dude, seriously, you said the difference was that you can dodge a bullet and not a fireball. This is not a purchase-worthy difference. FUCK YES I CAN DODGE EVERYTHING IS AWESOME NOW.

Your name totally suits you today.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited October 2009
    you know what's a fun game is WoW.

Variable on
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Ahaha, yeah, sure, alright Hakks.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Podly wrote: »

yeah, same. They have their weirdnesses but really I wouldn't change anything for how much they've been behind me at every turn.

Especially once I went to college, it was basically "hey dude, you're on your own. Let us know if you need help."

Now that I'm more or less independent (they pay my phone bill) and they went through a house foreclosure, they're really there for emotional support.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Mylaptopwon'tstartmylaptopwon'tstartmylaptopwon'tstart

Oh god, guys, what do I do?

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hey i am a totally upstanding citizen

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad

"Here's my new friend, mom. He's awesome. Don't ask him about anything he's ever done."

In all fairness, my mum would hate him.

Then again there have only been two men in my life my mum didn't hate, and one of those I wasn't sleeping with and would never ever sleep with.

My mum has some odd paranoid fears when it comes to me and guys.

Was she expecting you to forsake all others and live with her as an in-home caregiver or something?

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

was never really sure why. I'm pretty sure that if I introduced here to some of my current male friends, despite the fact me and japan have been together for ages and I'm pretty career orientated, she would still have this as the sequence of events.

o_O That's a bit different way to look at things.

Apart from this slight craziness she has been fairly good to me and is very supportive (pays the uni fees and the living costs and everything).

BobCesca on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cesca your mom reminds me of my grandmother (I call her Tutu). Apparently my mom was complaining to her about how I didn't do what she told me to do (mostly because my mom is CRAZY, but that's a whole other story), so my Tutu sat me down during one of our visits and told me that 'girls who do that start doing drugs'.

Compared to that reasoning I think sex -> drop out -> drugs -> die is almost logical. :?

There is a logic because death is at the end of every row of arrows, when you add enough.

moniker on
    edited October 2009
    Guys. Guys.

I have had an epiphany.

Everything you like that I don't like is terrible.

This is clearly objectively true.

japan on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    moniker wrote: »

There is a logic because death is at the end of every row of arrows, when you add enough.

Not if you are David Xanatos. If you are David Xanatos, your death is only the beginning of your plans.

Greeper on
    edited October 2009
    matt you are being a whiner

you are whining about other people being enthusiastic about something that you are clearly predisposed to not liking

quit being a shit
    I'm not predisposed to anything. I watched the first video released, the character creation one, and thought "OK, so what, you can make your own character, what about the game? Why does the first video they release have nothing to do with playing the game?" So I read what info there was, then watched the gameplay videos when they got released and though, "OK, so what? It's GTA4 but bigger." People are fucking falling down because you can put a tattoo on something, the game's all pretty and shit. Who cares? You're still running around doing the same old stuff.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys. Guys.

I have had an epiphany.

You're terrible.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

Then it's her turn again. Crack time, Bob.

Bogart on
    edited October 2009

Um, is the battery dead?

Sarksus on
    edited October 2009

*kicks laptop*

moniker on
    edited October 2009
    For some reason I have been posting like Pony lately.

Only with more punctuation.

japan on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

First off, let me reach through my monitor and slap you back to your senses. Next, start doing regular troubleshooting (ie check to make sure the damn thing is plugged in, battery charged, etc.).

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    edited October 2009
    honestly if they made a single-player RPG where you could create your own superhero and fly around a city saving people and shit

and it had multiplayer over like, steam or XBL

i wouldn't play Champions Online or City of Heroes

there literally isn't a create-your-own-superhero RPG out there right now. they don't exist. the closest in the past ten years has been Freedom Force, which allowed you to mod in your own superhero at great annoyance and difficulty.

the fact that a developer hasn't taken the gameplay model of a game like, say, Saints Row 2, and made a superhero game with it is really strange to me. it would sell like crazy.

inFamous, and to a lesser extent Prototype come close, being free-forming (anti) hero games, but you still can't create your own dude and that is a big part of the appeal of games like CoH and Champions for me.

Pony on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

sleep with boy

drop out of Uni

become drug addict

die.

And I suppose technically I am a drug addict (I mean, I can't get through the day without my pills).

Oh crap. Maybe she was right.

BobCesca on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matt just made me realize GTA is just like WoW, those gangsters trying to pop a cap in my ass is like those damn alliance mages trying to fireball my shit up in here.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited October 2009
    Guys. Guys.

I have had an epiphany.

This is extra funny because I'm watching a Docu on Klee.

moniker on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Marry Dry -> start posting in [chat] -> meet Jewcar in person -> mysteriously disappear
    The death part is implied.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.