Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PA Forum Let's Play Index -- OLD THREAD; Go to the new one!

2456759

Posts

  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KASEIUS' LPs

    Dororo/Blood Will Tell: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=82627

    NOBY NOBY BOY: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=87985

    RAW DANGER: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85905

    Samurai Western: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=88108

    Zone of the Enders: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=89022

    Katamari Damacy: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=90277

    Jaws Unleashed (UNFINISHED D:): http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=94966

    Way of the Samurai: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=97419

    Blood on the Sand: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=102343

    Style: Mostly blind runs, technical errors, dying lots, awful Snake voice, monotone, American accented(?!), console games, oh humor. What am I missing here?

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    KASEIUS' LPs
    Style: Mostly blind runs, technical errors, dying lots, awful Snake voice, monotone, American accented(?!), console games. What am I missing here?

    Humor- how could you forget that?

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Heart of Evil (Half-Life Mod)
    Format: Video
    Style: Informative, Humorous, Historical Preservation
    Status: Complete

    Blood
    Format: Video
    Style: Humorous, Angsty
    Status: three weeks from completion

    I didn't make threads for them because I thought threads were only for participatory playthroughs. I'll create them in the future.

    Blain on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can't mention the SA index without giving a giant recommendation to The Real Story of Animal Crossing.

    Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Kaseius wrote: »
    KASEIUS' LPs
    Style: Mostly blind runs, technical errors, dying lots, awful Snake voice, monotone, American accented(?!), console games. What am I missing here?

    Humor- how could you forget that?

    It's much like Gilder's LPs; the humor is in watching Kas suffer. :P

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Something to add to the PA LP section, Fishman's (of SE++) LP of X-Com

    Thread one: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=70136

    Thread two (in progress) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101123

    Arrath on
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Making for Oregon is suicide, as DOS games have shown.
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Kaseius wrote: »
    KASEIUS' LPs
    Style: Mostly blind runs, technical errors, dying lots, awful Snake voice, monotone, American accented(?!), console games. What am I missing here?

    Humor- how could you forget that?

    It's much like Gilder's LPs; the humor is in watching Kas suffer. :P

    Now, that's just mean! I do tend to suffer a lot though..

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    Something to add to the PA LP section, Fishman's (of SE++) LP of X-Com

    Thread one: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=70136

    Thread two (in progress) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101123

    Okay wait, is that one LP over two threads or is it the same game but he played it twice? (I don't feel like exploring it at the moment, this is tedious shit I'm doing) I'll add it accordingly when you inform me.

    Update incoming guys. Check in about 5 minutes.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn it, the preview didn't show those YouTube links as displaying video. Blain get me some alternate links. >.<

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm a little too lazy to find the thread, but Aistan's Bloodlines LP is the best I've seen here.

    (also, if we're recommending off-site LPs to read, go read the KOTOR 2 LP on the SA archive. Do it now.)

    Walrus Pete on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Helloween's not the only one to LP horror games y'know.

    Clive Barkers Undying
    Video
    Power Play
    done 5ish months ago.

    Done by me, of course.

    SkutSkut on
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm a little too lazy to find the thread, but Aistan's Bloodlines LP is the best I've seen here.

    (also, if we're recommending off-site LPs to read, go read the KOTOR 2 LP on the SA archive. Do it now.)

    Someone pulled up the link for it already, and it's in the OP now.

    The KotOR 2 LP is pretty much the best example one could give for having an LP strong in being informative. It covers any confusing plot points and explains them rather well. It also includes cut content to provide more context. Not enough props to that guy, seriously.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid, both my Infernal LP and Helloween's System Shock 2 one are NOT completed yet, but still running.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll change it in the next bulk update, as well as add Skutskut's contribution (and any posts in the meanwhile with stuff).

    It's gonna take some time for this initial bulk amount, but I'm trying to line up all the entries so that the games are lined up, then the forumer behind them, then the format, and finally the status. It'd be easier with the CODE bbcode tag, but then I couldn't provide links in such an easy fashion!

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Damn it, the preview didn't show those YouTube links as displaying video. Blain get me some alternate links. >.<

    And they didn't display video when I posted them. Odd. Anyway, here are some tinyurl versions.

    Heart of Evil http://tinyurl.com/ybcvp3t
    Blood http://tinyurl.com/ycvbogh

    Blain on
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What about that Megaman mega thread that had LP's for a bunch of games?

    Pemulis on
    steam_sig.png
  • GilderGilder Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Here you go.

    I may not be proud of my own stuff, but I am proud of that thread because of the user participation. It got a lot of videos so a lot of people got to experiment and have fun. I really like the Megaman DOS videos, so if nothing else please check those out.

    Gilder on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 Koo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SA LP Trespasser by Research Indicates (completed).

    This is considered by many to be one of the best LPs of all time, and I have to agree.

    PaperLuigi44 on
    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
  • schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is by no means a comprehensive (or even ordered in any useful fashion) list, but it's all of the PA LP's that I've bookmarked as I've come across them. Perhaps I've caught a couple that aren't on your list.
    http://www.schmads.com/lps.html

    I want to say thanks to Gilder for getting me started watching LP's with his MegaMan thread, because that one as well as so many of the others have been such fun to read and watch. And thanks to everyone else that has taken the time to play games so that we can watch them and made the additional effort of being entertaining at the same time!

    schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 39 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is an awesome thread.
    Rest assured, if I had anything worthwhile to contribute I would do so. But I don't.

    So I'll leave it at that.
    This thread? Awesome.

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Pokemon Champion (retired) Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everyone should read Nakar's Ultima LPs at the letsplayarchive. They are amazing.

    enlightenedbum on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have one for Silent Storm.

    VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »

    The best LP I've watched! :lol: Hat-tip for you sir

    edit: Mostly because of the scene where Josh goes "HEY!" about a dozen times to the locker, with it constantly rumbling ahahah

    TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SA LP Trespasser by Research Indicates (completed).

    This is considered by many to be one of the best LPs of all time, and I have to agree.

    I could listen to that guy talk all day.

    Khavall on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    SA LP Trespasser by Research Indicates (completed).

    This is considered by many to be one of the best LPs of all time, and I have to agree.

    I could listen to that guy talk all day.

    He sounds EXACTLY like someone who does voice overs for Golf Course fly overs.

    "Now this here is a beautiful Par 3..."

    Also, why would ANYONE think it is fun to play the game with a mod that makes you die from a 2 feet fall?

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Salvation122 on
    sig.png
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have an LP right now, my first and potentially only one.

    La-Mulana
    Format: Video, occasional written material
    Style: Informative, For Fun, Completionist
    Status: In-Progress

    I just saw this thread and was going to link the Trespasser LP, but apparently someone beat me to it.

    Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Test the recording of all stages of the game.

    I had to scrap mine because my computer simply couldn't handle recording and playing after a certain point and I've always felt guilty about it.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Arrath wrote: »
    Something to add to the PA LP section, Fishman's (of SE++) LP of X-Com

    Thread one: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=70136

    Thread two (in progress) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101123

    Okay wait, is that one LP over two threads or is it the same game but he played it twice? (I don't feel like exploring it at the moment, this is tedious shit I'm doing) I'll add it accordingly when you inform me.

    Update incoming guys. Check in about 5 minutes.

    It is one LP over two threads, it updates rather slowly (first thread was a year old when it reached 100 pages) but steadily and is a blast to read.

    Arrath on
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Making for Oregon is suicide, as DOS games have shown.
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The maker of this LP appears to have vanished, leaving it incomplete. Still, what is there, is pure gold.

    Docshifty on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Imageshack is very slowly eating every last image, apparently, but my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. LP is still around. Screenshot format, mostly playing it straight with a couple mods, and lots of poking around various points of interest or silly happenings in the Zone. Would've loved to run a video, but lacked the ability to do so at the time. Good times nonetheless, though.

    Stolls on
    lR4K8ZJ.png
    I write for these people. Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »
    The maker of this LP appears to have vanished, leaving it incomplete. Still, what is there, is pure gold.

    +100

    Probably the most creative LP I've read.

    TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    schmads wrote: »
    This is by no means a comprehensive (or even ordered in any useful fashion) list, but it's all of the PA LP's that I've bookmarked as I've come across them. Perhaps I've caught a couple that aren't on your list.
    http://www.schmads.com/lps.html

    I want to say thanks to Gilder for getting me started watching LP's with his MegaMan thread, because that one as well as so many of the others have been such fun to read and watch. And thanks to everyone else that has taken the time to play games so that we can watch them and made the additional effort of being entertaining at the same time!

    I'm gonna poke through that at a later date to pull up LP's that don't get nominated here, thanks for the link.

    I've got all the LP's listed up to this point added to the list, I'm just working on some formatting before I push the update through to the thread.

    I need you guys to do the following when linking over to LP's we've done:
    - state the maker of the LP
    - state the format
    - state the status

    That's it. And that applies to all future LP's that people start and they wanna get it listed here.

    Also, now that I've seen we can indeed link to specific LP's on the LP archive, someone teach me how.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, updated the OP with more to the list and I rewrote the introduction part. I'm considering taking out my stipulation regarding discussion of LP's that are long since done; I don't want to encourage thread necromancy.

    We need to start working on getting links to software and hosting services for the Making an LP section. Don't just link shit and go "here" though. I'd rather people making a case for the service / software they are linking to. And keep in mind the rules of our forum, please.

    That said, for screenshot LPs I highly recommend imageshack. While you don't have to sign up for an account to upload images to it, you very much should since it is free anyhow. It will allow you to tag your images which comes in handy when working on an LP (for example, my imageshack folder has tags for my Diablo LP for each floor, commonly used images like the talking heads, that sort of thing). The best thing about imageshack is their policy on bandwidth use. Each individual image has 300mb of bandwidth per hour. So having a single set of images spammed in access won't gimp your entire LP - those images are gimped. When your images get gimped in such a way, access will be denied to them and imageshack will email you regarding the images, at which point you can allow access again.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Golden slumbers fill your eyes Smiles await you when you riseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    schmads wrote: »
    This is by no means a comprehensive (or even ordered in any useful fashion) list, but it's all of the PA LP's that I've bookmarked as I've come across them. Perhaps I've caught a couple that aren't on your list.
    http://www.schmads.com/lps.html

    I want to say thanks to Gilder for getting me started watching LP's with his MegaMan thread, because that one as well as so many of the others have been such fun to read and watch. And thanks to everyone else that has taken the time to play games so that we can watch them and made the additional effort of being entertaining at the same time!

    I'm gonna poke through that at a later date to pull up LP's that don't get nominated here, thanks for the link.

    I've got all the LP's listed up to this point added to the list, I'm just working on some formatting before I push the update through to the thread.

    I need you guys to do the following when linking over to LP's we've done:
    - state the maker of the LP
    - state the format
    - state the status

    That's it. And that applies to all future LP's that people start and they wanna get it listed here.

    Also, now that I've seen we can indeed link to specific LP's on the LP archive, someone teach me how.

    Let's Play I Wanna Be The Guy
    -joshofalltrades
    -video LP
    -complete

    joshofalltrades on
    Steam ID: joshofalltrades31
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah, that's one of my favorites.

    Pemulis on
    steam_sig.png
  • HenroidHenroid My keyboard is old. The desert!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys, don't PM me (especially more than once) for updates you want to see added. Just post here FFS.

    Henroid on
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    You can't mention the SA index without giving a giant recommendation to The Real Story of Animal Crossing.

    Got buried a few pages back, but definitely bears repeating.

    DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been trying to find the glorious Patrick Stewart X-Com LP, but sadly cannot. :(

    Axen on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    I've been trying to find the glorious Patrick Stewart X-Com LP, but sadly cannot. :(

    GuavaMoments. All the X-Com LPs are great there.

    SkutSkut on
Sign In or Register to comment.