As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] MoO 2: Update 1: Stepping Out into The Stars

13»

• Options
    CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just want to say a very enjoyable read. Keep it up. :^:

I've always been fascinated by 4X type games, although in recent years I've tried many times to get into GalCiv 2 and failed. It just overwhelms me. I was really into Pax Imperia years ago on my Mac.

Corak on
    I live!
  • Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pax Imperia was GREAT for its time. Real time combat, loved the planetary bombardment phase of things.

Awesome first round, love the format dude, please can we have some moar!?

Divebommah on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How does the game rank top civilizations? (Referring to the GNN report)
    Is it strictly population? Number of ships? Tech level?

I'm just curious, because it seems like this empire is coming along fairly well, and it seems odd that it'd be that far down the list.

see317 on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That broadcast was strictly referring to population. The game occasionally issues reports with other rankings as well, and you can view a number of different options on the History Graph, which I'll showcase in Update 3 as I don't currently have any screenshots.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    one of the rankings is overall I believe.

The important ones are tech and production of course. Population is if the other two are high.

Then again all the production in the world matters little if your tech is more than five stages ahead.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thread = dead? It's gone from my list of chats I've...chatted in.

Divebommah on
  • Options
    CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thread isn't dead. LP threads tend to post in waves... lots after an update, then it dies off until the next update. Just keep an eye on it.

Corak on
    I live!