As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]ter

PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you.in Beach CityRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Passerbye on

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It came out in 1999.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Shenanigans! :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FACT - Passer has superpowers

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Maple[Chat] all over my body" would've been a better title.

Also, how am I not the first post when I totally watched you click "new thread."?

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    Goddamn that's a lot of people.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    maple syrup would be the worst sex thing ever

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dyrwen66 wrote: »

Also, how am I not the first post when I totally watched you click "new thread."?

poastformance enhancing drugs

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That video is gross.

How do they videotape that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sarks loves me more?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Haha, I totally misread the posts numbers. Sucks to be you!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I always post first.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    DAMN YOU ELKI

THE ONE TIME I AM BROWSING NOT AT WORK

THE ONE TIME
    hateyou.jpg

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

I always post first.
    This makes more sense than Passer's explanation.

I did have to walk all 3 feet to my side of the desk to post.

Dyrwen66 on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elki wrote: »

Holy shit I didn't realize it was that big a deal. I got invited to a coworker's house to watch the game, and thought it was a really nice thing for them to invite people over. I didn't realize it was a special occasion.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The sad irony of supertasters is that they aren't very useful for tasting food served to non-supertasters. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    RaenRaen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I see now that I won't be doing anymore homework tonight.

I think the bed is calling me... :zzz:

Raen on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The sad irony of supertasters is that they aren't very useful for tasting food served to non-supertasters. :P

Weird, since my food's always been complimented.

Mysterious.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

I always post first.
    This makes more sense than Passer's explanation.

I did have to walk all 3 feet to my side of the desk to post.

I only love statistics.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Raen wrote: »
    I see now that I won't be doing anymore homework tonight.

I think the bed is calling me... :zzz:

How dare it!

Are you two-timing me with the bed?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so I think I'm gonna put the speech together during my other classes tomorrow. It's the only way... hopefully a topic comes to me once I go to bed, via magic.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Mysterious.

Fear

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

It's gotta be real vermont maple syrup, not that fake flavored HFCS aunt jemima shit.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Mysterious.

I don't think he's saying you would make bad food. I think he means a company wouldn't want supertasters to taste-test their stuff.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

It's gotta be real vermont maple syrup, not that fake flavored HFCS aunt jemima shit.

Wouldn't you want to stick to fake zero cal stuff to avoid syrup in bad places leading to uncomfortable as-seen-on-tv issues

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Mysterious.

I don't think he's saying you would make bad food. I think he means a company wouldn't want supertasters to taste-test their stuff.

No no, he's teasing me by saying that I make bad food. :lol:

And yes, I understand what he would have meant if he were serious.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I have never had real syrup, but the HFCS shit is indeed terrible. Even as a kid I found it obnoxious.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How the hell do you pronounce "Kañsas?"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2009

Wouldn't you want to stick to fake zero cal stuff to avoid syrup in bad places leading to uncomfortable as-seen-on-tv issues

Oh, yeah, I consider food products to be for external use only.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2009

Mysterious.

Fear

Subconscious intimidation. I guess that's possible.

Dyr, am I terrifying? :lol:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay so, two weeks or so into sociology 1101. Not a huge fan so far. Basically seems so broad as to be useless. But I still have a lot of time left so, here's hoping. That's not the point of this though.

Our syllabus is terrible. On days it will have ASSIGNMENT: DO SO AND SO written next to them. Sometimes that means that the assignment is due on that day, sometimes it means it's due next class. I was supposed to bring in an item that I felt represented a culture relevant to me. Only I thought it was due the next class.

So basically it's that nightmare you have of having forgotten to do your homework. What's worse, is that the teacher started at the very end of the room, my side, on the person next to me. I was essentially in a state of complete panic when she called on me. So, I did what any self respecting person would do in my situation.

I picked up the helmet that I wear on my scooter, and started talking about how I had been scooting meaningfully for about a year and a half now, subscribed to popular scooting magazines like Scooting Weekly and The Zoot Scoot, and attended rallies hoping to raise awareness of scooter aficionado discrimination and abuse.

God bless you, sociology class.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elki, did they let your college on ESPN? Why did they do that?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I have never had real syrup, but the HFCS shit is indeed terrible. Even as a kid I found it obnoxious.

My girlfriend's husband has extended family in Vermont and they make their own maple syrup and it is damn good.

I've always hated maple syrup. I refused it first time I had breakfast at their place. They set me straight.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2009

Nope.
    Please god she has a knif---

Dyrwen66 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Okay so, two weeks or so into sociology 1101. Not a huge fan so far. Basically seems so broad as to be useless. But I still have a lot of time left so, here's hoping. That's not the point of this though.

Our syllabus is terrible. On days it will have ASSIGNMENT: DO SO AND SO written next to them. Sometimes that means that the assignment is due on that day, sometimes it means it's due next class. I was supposed to bring in an item that I felt represented a culture relevant to me. Only I thought it was due the next class.

So basically it's that nightmare you have of having forgotten to do your homework. What's worse, is that the teacher started at the very end of the room, my side, on the person next to me. I was essentially in a state of complete panic when she called on me. So, I did what any self respecting person would do in my situation.

I picked up the helmet that I wear on my scooter, and started talking about how I had been scooting meaningfully for about a year and a half now, subscribed to popular scooting magazines like Scooting Weekly and The Zoot Scoot, and attended rallies hoping to raise awareness of scooter aficionado discrimination and abuse.

God bless you, sociology class.

:^: :^: :^:

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm glad I chose psychology instead of sociology.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

Sociology is actually very useful for identifying and explaining trends across large groups.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2009

Nope.

See? Perfectly sweet.
    Shaddup or Toby's next.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Shaddup or Toby's next.

D:

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Elki wrote: »

Holy shit I didn't realize it was that big a deal. I got invited to a coworker's house to watch the game, and thought it was a really nice thing for them to invite people over. I didn't realize it was a special occasion.

I thought it was great.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Nope.

See? Perfectly sweet.
    Shaddup or Toby's next.
    His name is Kunta Kinte!

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.