Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Issues with Hamachi

RohanRohan Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm having an intermittent problem with Hamachi on my desktop. Every now and then, I will start it up to find that the Internet is not available. Windows 7 will tell me it's identifying the network card, then will just drop it and only see it as an unidentified network with no internet access. It shows Hamachi as Network 2 with no internet access. Nothing that Windows 7 can do on it's own will sort it out. Both it and I try resetting the adapter, disabling then enabling, but nothing. Windows tells me it doesn't have an IP address. Why would there be no problems the last time I was using the machine, when Hamachi has been installed and running for a week, and now suddenly there are?

This happened to me before and the only thing that I could think of that worked involved uninstalling Hamachi altogether. I don't want to do this again, as my friends and I are using Hamachi for old games across the 'net. If anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful to hear it.

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten