As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The En[CHAT]ed magical prancing gibbering faeries

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Iruka wrote: »
    What the hell is a hand bag, sounds suspiciously like a purse.

Hang bag = Expensive device for carrying lipstick, tampons, hairbrush, kitchen sink, purse
    Purse = Less expensive device for carrying monies, maxed out credit cards and every business card and receipt known to man.
    Satchel/Man-Bag= Male version of handbag, contains grenades, chest hair, broken glass, petroleum and wallet
    Wallet = Male version of purse, contains monies, one credit card and a 12 year old condom.

Don't tell me these labels are different in the US?

exactly the same, all the way down to the condom.

Which is strange how it stays in there even if you're not a virgin. Its like it hides or something

Just in case you ever need to have sex with a twelve year old.

(Oh god I'm a horrible person.)

Flay on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    God I don't even joke about that shit anymore, you only need to glance at a 12 year old these days to get labelled a pedo.

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you carry your wallet in your satchel?

girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuygRWVwuUI

Godfather on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    God I don't even joke about that shit anymore, you only need to glance at a 12 year old these days to get labelled a pedo.

this is the part where we treat flay like he's a leper.

Or whatever the modern day equivalent of a disgusting, untouchable creature is.

Oh right. a pedophile

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    pittenspittens Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What the hell is a hand bag, sounds suspiciously like a purse.

Hang bag = Expensive device for carrying lipstick, tampons, hairbrush, kitchen sink, purse
    Purse = Less expensive device for carrying monies, maxed out credit cards and every business card and receipt known to man.
    Satchel/Man-Bag= Male version of handbag, contains grenades, chest hair, broken glass, petroleum and wallet
    Wallet = Male version of purse, contains monies, one credit card and a 12 year old condom.

Don't tell me these labels are different in the US?

I just blanked and read it as as "12 year old" for about 10 seconds, trying to figure out what else you could possibly mean

pittens on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    :cry:

Flay on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    CAREER UP!

> Flay's rank advanced from Sizzler Dishmonkey to Dymocks Shelfstacker
    > Flay learned the ability 'Borrow New Books for Two Weeks'
    > Flay's Profit Gauge increased from $11.20 to $13

:^::^:

Interestingly, I just got a new man-bag. A nice Dunlop affair.

Regarding Deviant Art -- Hits is one thing but does DA make you money? Has anyone got actual work from it other than $20 manga-portrait commissions?

Grenn on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wait i think i missed something, did radar say he was surprised iruka has dailydevs when he doesn't because he has 16k pageviews?

is... is that what got said?

beavotron on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what is a daily dev

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    a daily deviation is something which is given out daily at deviantart
    it pulls attention to work that deserves recognition among the heaps and heaps and heaps of work that doesn't at DA
    not to say that people who don't get them aren't good, it's just typically, if your work is really unique, or really well crafted, someone finds it, suggests it for a DA, and they usually get one :)
    It's also a good way to find great artists on DA
    but it's not based on page hits
    I've seen people with under 1k hits get DD's
    it's for people who deserve them.

Iruka 100% deserves any and all that she gets, she's an exceptional artist with a style that is instantly recognizable as her own.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    oh okay that makes sense and I agree that iruka deserves the daily deviant thingy, I usually dont post in her thread but I loveeeee her stuff so much, I hear your heading back to WoW beavotron, alwaysss returning to WoW whenever I just leave. So cruel

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I think he was saying the other way round, that he was surprised he had 16k hits and Iruka hadn't, when she has had dailydevs and all.

but I wasn't reading that closely so I dunno.

tynic on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No. He was saying that he was surprised that she only had 30k hits versus his 16k hits, since she had 2 DDs and he had zero. At least that was my understanding.

rts on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    wait i think i missed something, did radar say ...something retarded, out of line, and absurdly annoying?

probably.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    yeah that's still sort of a shitty thing to say though

because it's not based on hits, it's based on the quality of the work
    it amazes me that anyone would be surprised that she's gotten DDs
    she's a really good artist, and it just seems like an insulting thing to say...like they couldn't have possibly given them to her based on her talent, it's clearly done on how many people have visited your page.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    o_O

I really think you're still reading that backwards. He wasn't surprised about the DDs, he was surprised about her low hit count. BECAUSE she's a really good artist.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    He wasn't saying he was surprised she got DDs. He was saying he was surprised she didn't have more hits.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    iruka has over 30k hits.
    so that can't be what he meant.

maybe it was, i dunno, it just smelled fishy to me.
    like some sort of jab at her
    so i'll apologize to him right now if it wasn't.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I am pretty sure it was. I think you need more context. The discussion was about sheer quantity of hits in general, Wakkawa was mentioned as having over half a million. I wasn't a part of it but I think I read most of it.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ugh that requires READING
    i'd rather just read snippets of conversations and then get all bent out of shape over them.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    On a different note, Beav I haven't checked out your site in ages and I just clicked through and wowo do you have some nice stuff going on there.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That can be fun.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    He wasn't saying he was surprised she got DDs. He was saying he was surprised she didn't have more hits.

Honestly I'd have hit if I knew she had DDs too

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I was aware of this possibility when I started using DD over and over again. I regret nothing.

Alright that is way too much chatting for me. Back to lurking the chat thread.

rts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    also it's hard to gauge it based on pageviews
    because i have 78,000 pageviews
    but 333,405 views to my actual artwork...so way more people just look at my stuff, but don't continue on to look at my whole gallery
    kind of depressing really
    that many people deemed me not good enough to keep looking
    :(

tynic: Thanks! are you still making the comics?

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    so I rewired my computer to hook the DVD drive power up to another hard-drive, because honestly who uses a dvd drive these days

and now guess what I have to use to install simulink

fucking fuckin'.

tynic on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

This. Thanks, Cake. :)
    wait i think i missed something, did radar say ...something retarded, out of line, and absurdly annoying?

probably.

And I'll say thanks to you, but in a different way. :x Just messin' with ya, though. I am quite stubborn.

As for pageviews, they don't really matter at all in terms to the quality of the artist on deviant. They just matter in relevance to the popularity of the type of art an artist is posting, and how much they whore themselves out for fanart.

I've found some of the strongest artists can have as little as 25,000 pageviews just because their art isn't anime or fanart. Woah shit.

Oh, and it also matters how long you've been there. I joined over four years ago. (almost five, I think, now) And Iruka's been a deviant for three years. So she has almost double my views and a year less to do it. And I was a shitty artist for like, at least three of those four years (as of my current standards), so that makes sense to me.

So, in that sense it's corrupt. But you have to remember that Deviantart's major participating demographic is from late tweens to late teens (12-17ish), so they're generally going to hold art that is more bubbly, appealing, and similar to their saturday morning cartoons in higher regard than something more technical, deliberate, and well done.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    After such a hoo-hah (and nobody able to answer my question) I am sincerly glad I do not, nor never will, have a DA account.

Good day to thee, foul knaves.

Grenn on
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Grenn wrote: »
    After such a hoo-hah (and nobody able to answer my question) I am sincerly glad I do not, nor never will, have a DA account.

Good day to thee, foul knaves.

Meh, I have one to watch updates from some of the few, choice good artists on there. I have like, under 3,000 page views so it's not like what do actually gets me some ass-patting comments.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    HHOOOOOOBOYYY WHAT A DAYYYYY

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »

probably.

And I'll say thanks to you, but in a different way. :x Just messin' with ya, though. I am quite stubborn.

As for pageviews, they don't really matter at all in terms to the quality of the artist on deviant. They just matter in relevance to the popularity of the type of art an artist is posting, and how much they whore themselves out for fanart.

I've found some of the strongest artists can have as little as 25,000 pageviews just because their art isn't anime or fanart. Woah shit.

Oh, and it also matters how long you've been there. I joined over four years ago. (almost five, I think, now) And Iruka's been a deviant for three years. So she has almost double my views and a year less to do it. And I was a shitty artist for like, at least three of those four years (as of my current standards), so that makes sense to me.

So, in that sense it's corrupt. But you have to remember that Deviantart's major participating demographic is from late tweens to late teens (12-17ish), so they're generally going to hold art that is more bubbly, appealing, and similar to their saturday morning cartoons in higher regard than something more technical, deliberate, and well done.

i was in the shower thinking about this and suddenly i was like "oh THAT's what he meant"
    it's been a slow morning for me
    just finished that giant contract, so my brains is in meltdown mode.
    I was just leaping to the defense of my ladyfriend iruka hahah, probably leapt too fast, as i usually do.
    so sorry for the misunderstanding!

beavotron on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »

probably.

i was in the shower thinking about this and suddenly i was like "oh THAT's what he meant"
    it's been a slow morning for me
    just finished that giant contract, so my brains is in meltdown mode.
    I was just leaping to the defense of my ladyfriend iruka hahah, probably leapt too fast, as i usually do.
    so sorry for the misunderstanding!

I misread DDs as Double Ds.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    you're too late I made that joke on the last page

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I feel better knowing i'm not the only one who thought that.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Im starting to feel uncomfortable.

PROX on
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Im starting to feel uncomfortable.

I like boobs.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rude titties.

Boobs are fun to draw! But hard to draw right.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Gee I went to bed and apparently started a fight. I appreciate your love induced rage though, bevo <3.

I also dont have Double Ds. Sorry metal.

Iruka on
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I puked in a bucket, then i kicked it, then i skipped work, and bought new shoes, so now I'm dancing.

My back hurts.

They're always after me lucky neck meats.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gee I went to bed and apparently started a fight. I appreciate your love induced rage though, bevo <3.

I also dont have Double Ds. Sorry metal.

hahah i gotta defend my fellow forum ladies!
    we're outnumbered around here!

beavotron on
This discussion has been closed.