As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Saints Row 2 - Videos gone, nothing to see here.

13»

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That was a fantastic set. So many explosions and hilarity. Mr. Honk was a great guest. I loved all the random conversations that made the video. You guys made quite the team.

The bonus video was great as well.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Set 13 - Libera Me From Hell

There we go, guys. The epic ending to Duke Nukem Forev- uh, Saints Row 2. Hope you enjoyed. Thanks to my guests Stormwatcher, IdolNinja, Blain and Donhonk, and thanks to everyone who watched.

But wait, there's more!

Let's Play Conclusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcjME-7oxa4

Adus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nice ending to the game and the LP, Adus. It was enjoyable all-around, although I had kind of hoped you'd use the Duke Nukem theme (either one) for the last vid. For..obvious reasons.

Ah well, the songs were still good and appropriate.

Are you planning on doing anything else for the thread? A random chaos video or so with some guests, maybe?

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Are you planning on doing anything else for the thread? A random chaos video or so with some guests, maybe?

If they don't cost anything, it'd be cool to see the DLC missions which involve Ultor and Dex. Still a great LP as is at any rate. :)

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No DLC for PC version. One of the reasons the port sucks.

I might record some more videos here and there and put them in here if I think they're good enough.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Okay I don't think they're good enough but I figured I'd put them here anyway. Here are two activity roundups. They're kinda boring but at least you can listen to Thriller and a Moonsorrow song while you watch (unless you're in Germany, the latter got blocked in Germany. Sorry Germany.)

The rest of the activities are probably too boring to do alone but if anyone is still up for co-op with voice commentary, I might record them and finish them off.

Activity Roundup: Zombie Uprising and Hitman

This video isn't really part of the LP, technically, but Yakety Sax + double speed makes anything amusing:

Adus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Yakety Sax video is wonderful and in certain places, very awesome. Mostly the chasing. And the Pimps vs. Ninjas vs. Cops vs. Duke showdown.

If you could get any of the guests you had through the LP to join you for the rest of the extras, that'd be fantastic.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thank you Adus, this LP OP was awesome, much enjoyment was had, especially when there were guests doing co-op with ya.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh my God how did I completely miss this LP?!

Definitely going to check it out when I get home tonight, and I guess it's kindof a bonus that I'll get to see the whole thing at once. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've heard so many good things about this game from Yahtzee and people here, I sort of want to pick this up cheap.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've heard so many good things about this game from Yahtzee and people here, I sort of want to pick this up cheap.

It was a couple bucks on steam a few weeks ago so you missed out. Still pretty cheap for a great game though.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PC version was on sale for $5, twice. I feel bad for everyone who missed it. I'd be hesitant on spending more than that though only because some people have trouble running the game. So it would suck to buy it full price only to have it not run well. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, plus I have a pretty good machine.

Thinking of taking suggestions for my next LP, either screenshot or video. Anything people are dying to see that my voice or writing won't kill? My game collection isn't too large though. Can't record anything off of current gen systems unless there's a PC version (nor do I own any besides a Wii I never buy games for). I also don't really want to spend too much if I have to buy it (and I probably do since all I've bought in the past few years are Half-Life episodes, Portal, Bioshock and SR2).

Adus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    PC version was on sale for $5, twice. I feel bad for everyone who missed it. I'd be hesitant on spending more than that though only because some people have trouble running the game. So it would suck to buy it full price only to have it not run well. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, plus I have a pretty good machine.

Thinking of taking suggestions for my next LP, either screenshot or video. Anything people are dying to see that my voice or writing won't kill? My game collection isn't too large though. Can't record anything off of current gen systems unless there's a PC version (nor do I own any besides a Wii I never buy games for). I also don't really want to spend too much if I have to buy it (and I probably do since all I've bought in the past few years are Half-Life episodes, Portal, Bioshock and SR2).

Being new to the Let's Play things, yours was the first I viewed and I am watching the System Shock one right now, which ones have already been done? Is it ok to do a Let's Play someone else has already done? I totally suggest however that whatever you do, I hope it is a co-op game, I really like your videos where you got to do some banter back and forth with another, it really seemed like you went to that whole Mystery Science Theatre 3000 place when you had a guest.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You'd probably want to check out this thread for that: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=102474

And yeah, the co-op sets seem to be the popular ones, which is understandable. I had a hard time figuring out what to say on my own. The game does a pretty good job of parodying itself. The original intention was to do the whole LP co-op but no one wanted to do that.

My personal suggestions from this site are Helloween's and Kaseius' (especially Raw Danger) LPs.

If you like LPs with an MST3K sort of thing going on with multiple commentators, the Freelance Astronauts link at the bottom of that LP archive post links to a site that has four guys mostly doing amusing and random commentary about the games they play, whether they're good or bad games, they're usually very entertaining to listen to and watch. Same goes for the guys who did Sonic 2006 on the Something Awful LP archive site. The game is a trainwreck from start to finish and they play it all in (mostly) one sitting, so you can hear them go insane.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Actually I was planning on picking it up for the PS3.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    You'd probably want to check out this thread for that: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=102474

And yeah, the co-op sets seem to be the popular ones, which is understandable. I had a hard time figuring out what to say on my own. The game does a pretty good job of parodying itself. The original intention was to do the whole LP co-op but no one wanted to do that.

My personal suggestions from this site are Helloween's and Kaseius' (especially Raw Danger) LPs.

If you like LPs with an MST3K sort of thing going on with multiple commentators, the Freelance Astronauts link at the bottom of that LP archive post links to a site that has four guys mostly doing amusing and random commentary about the games they play, whether they're good or bad games, they're usually very entertaining to listen to and watch. Same goes for the guys who did Sonic 2006 on the Something Awful LP archive site. The game is a trainwreck from start to finish and they play it all in (mostly) one sitting, so you can hear them go insane.

Thank you for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated.

Of your recent game purchases, are any of them ones you haven't actually played yet? That is always cool to hear commentary on too, first reactions to a new experience.

"Half-Life episodes, Portal, Bioshock and SR2" Of those I only see your addition with Saints Row 2 on the list, so of the other three, perhaps whichever you feel the most passionate about if you have played through them already, which I presume you have. Anything you get excited about and lay awake thinking stuff like "Why did that character do that?" later could make for some very cool play throughs, don't you think? If that isn't enough of a suggestion, I vote Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 & 2, even if we are still waiting for Episode 3 - giving the verbally silent Freeman your inner monologue can't be bad, everyone has one if they get into the game's setting, I know I did. I know I came across a humorous inner monologue for Half-Life 1 once on Machinema ... here it is: http://www.machinima.com/series/view&id=187

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Actually I was planning on picking it up for the PS3.

Well then you're probably safe. Sadly you wouldn't be able to co-op with anyone from the forums. Though you would get the downloadable content that they decided the PC users shouldn't get for some reason.
    Thank you for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated.

Of your recent game purchases, are any of them ones you haven't actually played yet? That is always cool to hear commentary on too, first reactions to a new experience.

"Half-Life episodes, Portal, Bioshock and SR2" Of those I only see your addition with Saints Row 2 on the list, so of the other three, perhaps whichever you feel the most passionate about if you have played through them already, which I presume you have. Anything you get excited about and lay awake thinking stuff like "Why did that character do that?" later could make for some very cool play throughs, don't you think? If that isn't enough of a suggestion, I vote Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 & 2, even if we are still waiting for Episode 3 - giving the verbally silent Freeman your inner monologue can't be bad, everyone has one if they get into the game's setting, I know I did. I know I came across a humorous inner monologue for Half-Life 1 once on Machinema ... here it is: http://www.machinima.com/series/view&id=187

Portal is out for sure. I tried it already. It may be an amazing game but it makes for a terrible LP. Mainly because it's so linear. Unless you're solving puzzles in some backward-ass ways, it's not very interesting to watch.

I have only played through the first section of Bioshock since I just bought it recently. So the rest would be a blind run. I feel like Bioshock has been done a lot though, not to mention pretty much everyone has played it. My commentary is pretty sparse as it is, and on a blind run there'd probably just be a lot of "uh..." when trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. I'm gonna play the game eventually so I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble to just record it anyway, I just can't promise it would be entertaining.

HL: EP 1 + 2 would have the benefit of me having played them already so I wouldn't get lost as much, but they have the same issue as Bioshock in that pretty much everyone has played them and they've been likely been LPed a lot, too. I've considered doing the Gnome achievement for Ep 2 where you take the gnome from the beginning of the game all the way to the end, but I've done it once before and it was a serious pain in the ass at certain moments. It could potentially be very amusing but I'd hate to have something go wrong and not being able to finish or to have me get fed up and quit.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    No PS3 co-op? Or is it just because it's hard because PSN doesn't have dedicated friends lists?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2009
    No I just meant that most of the people on the forums who talk about SR2 have the PC version. They won't work together. I suppose there are some people around here who might have it on PS3 though.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not to resurrect a dead thread, but it still blows my mind that The Boss is Mr. Sheffield from The Nanny.

edit: Just finished the LP. Brilliant.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png