As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii/3DS Shop thread] 8/4 - Mario's Picross 3DS VC

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dk '94, aka the best portable platformer ever made.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dk '94, aka the best portable platformer ever made.

Awesome. I'll happily buy it again.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Donkey Kong, a game almost exclusively referred to as Donkey Kong '94 by fans and gaming media, has 1981 listed as its release year in the eShop. That's the year the original Donkey Kong came out in arcades.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    Does Donkey Kong feature Super Game Boy colors?

^^^^^ would also like to know

m1JEql.jpg

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, this is fake

Dammit

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    Does Donkey Kong feature Super Game Boy colors?

^^^^^ would also like to know

[picture]

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, this is fake

Dammit

Yup. I asked Jeremy Parish:
    gamespite: @WarlockSoL @Malev721 Unfortunately Nintendo is being dopey about SGB enhancements, so it doesn't. Still a masterpiece of a game, though. 4 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac in reply to WarlockSoL

So yeah, Nintendo fails once again. Big fucking surprise *sigh*

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bah, I'd rather buy a used DK cartridge. I'm not surprised, either, but I wanted to know.

RockinX on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You'll have to buy the SuperGameboy when it comes out on the Wii VC, and then sync that with your 3DS.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok agoaj....that would be awesome actually.

Of course, I have my Super Gameboy and DK94 cart still....so I don't need it on this. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can the OP of this thread update the title to reflect that this thread is also for DSiWare and 3DS downloads?

Maybe something like "[Wii Shop / DSiWare / 3DS eShop]" so people who are searching for Wii Shop will still be able to find it.

Or if the OP isn't around anymore, someone should make a new thread.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    [Nintendownload Thread]

Turkey on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have the original release and a Super Game Boy as well. I only plan to buy this as the only means I can think of to effectively say to Nintendo, "more of this, please."

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, it's either time for a new thread, or we need a title change to reflect DSi/3DS coverage as well now. :)

WayForward is trying to bring the original Shantae to the 3DS VC!

http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/wayforward_pursuing_shantae_for_3ds_virtual_console
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge introduced countless handheld owners to the hip-shaking half-genie, but those who've tried to track down the game's Game Boy Color prequel will have had quite a shock, its price on auction sites reaching hundreds of dollars.

Developer WayForward often gets asked whether it's planning to bring the GBC romp to 3DS Virtual Console, and the good news is that yes, it is.

WayForward's Facebook page was updated with this message early this morning:

With Game Boy titles now being released on the 3DS eShop, we are frequently asked if we plan on bringing the original ‘Shantae’ to the service.

We have nothing to confirm at this time, but we can say that we are actively pursuing the re-release of ‘Shantae’ on the 3DS Virtual Console. As soon as we have anything to report, we will let you know. Until then, keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for future updates.

This would certainly be a welcome boost to the 3DS VC's catalogue, but as we all know the process of getting a game approved and released — even a Virtual Console one — is fraught with uncertainties. As soon as we have more on Shantae for Virtual Console, we'll let you know.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That would be great, as I've never played it.

I also want Drilldozer.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Has there been any word on the WiiWare La Mulana?

edit: Oh, it came out yesterday. In Japan. :(

NA release forthcoming or something I guess.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder if Shantae is tangled up in any Capcom-related issues or if that contract expired long ago...

It's been about a decade, really.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, it's either time for a new thread, or we need a title change to reflect DSi/3DS coverage as well now. :)

WayForward is trying to bring the original Shantae to the 3DS VC!

http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/wayforward_pursuing_shantae_for_3ds_virtual_console
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge introduced countless handheld owners to the hip-shaking half-genie, but those who've tried to track down the game's Game Boy Color prequel will have had quite a shock, its price on auction sites reaching hundreds of dollars.

Developer WayForward often gets asked whether it's planning to bring the GBC romp to 3DS Virtual Console, and the good news is that yes, it is.

WayForward's Facebook page was updated with this message early this morning:

With Game Boy titles now being released on the 3DS eShop, we are frequently asked if we plan on bringing the original ‘Shantae’ to the service.

We have nothing to confirm at this time, but we can say that we are actively pursuing the re-release of ‘Shantae’ on the 3DS Virtual Console. As soon as we have anything to report, we will let you know. Until then, keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for future updates.

This would certainly be a welcome boost to the 3DS VC's catalogue, but as we all know the process of getting a game approved and released — even a Virtual Console one — is fraught with uncertainties. As soon as we have more on Shantae for Virtual Console, we'll let you know.

Yay, hopefully Nintendo doesn't... well, be Nintendo and make this take forever...
    I wonder if Shantae is tangled up in any Capcom-related issues or if that contract expired long ago...

It's been about a decade, really.

I dunno, clearly they were able to self-publish a sequel. So Capcom does not own the license. This one is different of course, but I don't think they'd have said that if they were having issues with Capcom. I suppose Capcom enjoys free money too :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    That would be great, as I've never played it.

I also want Drilldozer.

Drill Dozer was awesome. It was being sold for like $9 on clearance at Toys R Us many years ago. I really should finish it, but that means playing it on my DS phat. or my GBA SP, which has terrible battery life now.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=161506

Japan e-shop VC getting the Nintendo Gallery. I hope we get it also.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Jobless AnarchistJobless Anarchist Hug me!!! VantaaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Seems I'm going to be watching some Kirby.

Kirby TV coming to Wii, well Europe atleast.

Jobless Anarchist on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The Kirby show is great, but 4Kids managed to mangle it pretty badly.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Apparently this is what we're getting today:

http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download-062311.php

3DS VC

Tennis

DSiware

Pro Jumper! Guilty Gear Tangent!? (platformer)
    Stratego: Next Edition
    Delbo (some kind of Puzzle Bobble clone where you can't bounce things off the walls)

Wiiware

The Mystery of Whiterock Castle (knockoff Mystery Case Files game)

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tennis was hilarious when i was a kid... I just don't think I want to spend the money to play it nowadays.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Japan gets Game & Watch Collection, which I've wanted to try, and Europe gets Double Dragon, which my wife is wild about.

And us? We get...
    3DS VC

Tennis

?

Well, that didn't take long.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What the Fuck?

Apparently today Europe and Australia get the Kirby Channel which will be streaming free Kirby cartoon episodes up until December?

Bizarre, entirely out of the blue, and kind of cool.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Final Fantasy III (VI)? About freaking time.

From nintendolife.com

Wii Virtual Console

Final Fantasy III (Super NES, 800pts)

3DS Virtual Console

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy, $4.60)

DSiWare

Boardwalk Ball Toss (DSi: 200pts, eShop: $1.99)
    The Lost Town: The Dust (DSi: 500pts, eShop: $4.99)
    Moto eXtreme (DSi: 800pts, eShop: $7.99)
    Heart Spades Euchre (DSi: 500pts, eShop: $4.99)

WiiWare

Big Town Shoot Out (Performance Designed Products, 500pts)

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh shi... FFIII?

urahonky on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what the hell? There's a 3DS store already? I've been trying to update for the past month and it says i'm up to date already, yet no store. Am I missing something?

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yes? If you update then you should lose the video that came with the system (assuming you are in the US so the OkGo music vid) and gain an icon for the shop.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also from NintendoLife - EU will be getting Mario Picross on 3DS VC eventually, along with the 3D classic Xevious. I swear, if NoA doesn't follow suit, I'm gonna have to do something extreme, like bitch on a message board.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am so getting Kirby tonight. I love that little [strike]pink[/strike] white puffball. :D

Now I need Wario Land. :x

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm holding off until next week so I don't waste the coins. But then I'm grabbing DK and Kirby :)<3 the original Kirby.

And yes, we need all the Wario Lands. I've only actually played the original one (which was excellent), so I've been wanting to try out the others.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aside from Tennis and the other junk ones at launch of the service, they've been putting out some consistently high profile, decent games here.

I mean I'm not going to get it but I know others love it.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Personally I'm a little concerned that we haven't had third parties jump on board yet.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Personally I'm a little concerned that we haven't had third parties jump on board yet.

Capcom was supposed to release the MM Legends 3 demo-thing but it was delayed. So *shrug*. It also seems like companies don't have a lot of control over when Nintendo bothers to get around to releasing their games on their download services.

P.S. - This thread title is annoying the hell out of me :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is that better? :P

I would have updated yesterday(because, you know, FFVI), but I was in the hospital.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hope you're doing better, Glenn.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It may be short and not have the ability copying in it, but gosh darnnit, Kirby's Dreamland is neat fun...and a quick play through. :)

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I already have Kirby Super Star Ultra, which has a remake of Dreamland, copy ability and all. And I'm not terribly nostalgic for the original version...

With that said, is there still a reason one would really want to check it out?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have super star ultra too, but gosh dernnit, I love the original anyways.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The original had the air battle, which I loved.

Turkey on