As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me decide on a new game.

NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in ActionNorth CarolinaRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
So today after work, I'm going to GS to pick up Brutäl Legand and I still have about $26 left on my edge card.
So my question is, what do I get?

Uncharted 2 would be fun, and I enjoyed 1, bug I'm not big on multiplayer

Way of the Samurai 3 is another choice, but I still need to play through 2 several dozen more times.

Aion looks good and I'm tired of CoX, and I'm not usually one for Fantasy MMOs, but it's different enough.

So, for reference I have all 3 systems and a decent gaming PC.
And as much az I would love to go to TRU, this was all trade in credit so that's a null idea.

Help me PA, you're my only hope.

newSig.jpg
Nocren on

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If i had the money and a choice i would definately choo choo choose Uncharted 2.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 would be fun, and I enjoyed 1, bug I'm not big on multiplayer

considering it's been lauded as having the best single-player campaign ever, i wouldn't worry too much about the multiplayer

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you should get uncharted 2. if youre not going to get uncharted 2 you should get ratchet and clank 2 in a couple weeks. but you should definitely get uncharted 2.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Brutal Legend did just come out, and Tim Schafer needs to buy drugs and metal on vinyl somehow.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Love, did you miss that very first sentence in my OP?
    BL is a given, just looking for a companion piece for it.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Brutal Legend did just come out, and Tim Schafer needs to buy drugs and metal on vinyl somehow.

so...you want OP to buy two copies?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I had a PS3 I'd be buying both Uncharted games. but as I do not, I will just play more Titan Quest.

Uncharted 2 sounds awesome though.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Sounds like the time I went to Denny's and got their hashbrown burger.
    With a side of hashbrowns.

But I guess it's looking like Uncharted.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been playing a lot of Risen lately, if you're into that sort of brutal, European RPG experience.

edit: if you don't live in the US then do NOT get the 360 version (the 360 version isn't out in America yet but the PC version is), it is ass. Instead, get the PC version which is great.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Demon's Souls, if you REALLY want a brutal, yet rewarding, RPG experience.

Get Uncharted 2 first though. Even if you're not into multiplayer, you should be somewhat inclined to at least TRY the co-op. It's very similar to the single-player, just with other humans rather than retarded AI partners :mrgreen: The Single Player Story in Uncharted 2 is epic, and worthy of at least a couple of play-throughs.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocren wrote: »

Sounds like the time I went to Denny's and got their hashbrown burger.
    With a side of hashbrowns.

But I guess it's looking like Uncharted.

I drink... a lot. :?

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    well, since Uncharted 2 has already been mentioned about a billion times, I'm gonna say...Demon's Souls. I've been playing it nonstop since it came out last week and it's awesome.

Also, Borderlands comes out next week (or the week after, for PC) so there's always that. I think that looks like it will be a lot of fun.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I too have been playing Demon's Souls since last Tuesday (it's the type of game they don't make any more), but Uncharted 2 dropped today, and it's as spectacular as its Metacritic would imply.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Do you have a Wii?

A Boy and His Blob. The amount of "D'AWWWWWWWW" will combine with Brutal Legend's metal and create a singularity, imploding the world into your living room.

Or just be awesome...

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Machinarium.

It's £11 on Steam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xkhqVKJGHg

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have good news for you, friend! Aion isn't very unique at all, and blends into the MMOG crowd quite well. There's nothing special about it that should sell you on the game, unless you are expressly looking for a new fantasy MMO.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Allow me to be the only one to say Way of the Samurai 3 all the way!

Screw playing 2 anymore the story blows in that. Do it. You know you want to be a samurai.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you have a PSP and want a new game, there's only one correct choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRTVz-0kIHs

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Forza 3 is coming out in a couple weeks; get that.

"But but but I don't like racing sims!"

Hey, I didn't like racing sims either, until I got Forza 2, and now I love them. So there's that. It's easy to pick up and has endless depth.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well thanks all. I wound up getting Uncharted 2 but I'll keep the awesome suggestions in mind for next payday.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Risen lately, if you're into that sort of brutal, European RPG experience.

edit: if you don't live in the US then do NOT get the 360 version (the 360 version isn't out in America yet but the PC version is), it is ass. Instead, get the PC version which is great.
    Might I ask why the 360 version isn't very good?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I hear it was outsourced to another company or something and they did a real shoddy job graphics-wise. I mean, it looks really, really bad. I am too lazy but go search google, you can find side-by-side comparisons of the PC version to the 360 version. I hear it plays just fine so if you were to buy it you could still enjoy it, it just doesn't look nearly as good.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I hear it was outsourced to another company or something and they did a real shoddy job graphics-wise. I mean, it looks really, really bad. I am too lazy but go search google, you can find side-by-side comparisons of the PC version to the 360 version. I hear it plays just fine so if you were to buy it you could still enjoy it, it just doesn't look nearly as good.
    Yeah, you're right on that one. The xbox 360 version has more bloom and less detail.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz