Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Like Comics, Except The Pictures Move: Movies, Games, and Television

2456763

Posts

  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yeah, planet hulk trailer looks stiff, generic, and lifeless. disappointed.

    This is the problem I have had for every single Marvel direct to video, with the exception of the first Ultimate Avengers (I can't tell if I was impressed because it was the first one, or because it legitimately had higher quality animation) and Hulk vs Wolverine (done by anime guys Madhouse).

    Lionsgate drastically needs to alter their animated stuff. Saying something has a house style may not be bad on its own, but the Lionsgate Animation house style feels like it was developed by some of the least creative people in the world.

  • Crimson KingCrimson King we need no grave to bury honesty there's not a grain of it the face to sweeten of the whole dungy earthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had a random thought the other day that in the Green Lantern movie Kristoph Waltz should totally play Sinestro. I feel justified in posting it here.

    DS: 4742 - 6001 - 2106 add me to your friend safaris
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Braggadocio Open up the trunk, release the mech, Increase the power to the shield to protect, I never hit eject.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I didn't even know there was a Planet Hulk video coming out. From what I saw from the trailer, I'll rent it.

    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    I toss back drinks with a stiff upper lip and you’re just here to hear my tongue frolic.
    Join Now.
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    DeJesus wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    I never really understand it when actors decide they want to leave enormously successful franchises.

    If someone was paying me seven figures to do a movie, I'd ride that for as long as I could, build a giant Scrooge McDuck-style money vault, and worry about artistic integrity and typecasting later.

    I know right? Like take Megan Foxx who is all feeling all objectified by the Transformers films and Michael Bay. So what does she do? Make Jennifer's Body! She's dopey.

    meggan fox is a moron. she has no idea that all she is, is possibly the sexiest girl on the planet. I mean thats it. the very sexiest...depending on your point of view. I don't care that she's dumb or a bad actress. What I do care about, is that no one has told her. someone (like her mom) should sit her down with some pictures of her and explain it, slowly so she'll somewhat understand. no speaky. She was lucky to be cast in the giant robots movie, and now she gets to be in a film that would never have been made if juno hadn't been so very fucking cute.

    that being said i want to rail meggan fox something fierce. I would also like to sleep with kisten dunst and so many many other hot women.

    I also find the spider baby idea to be funny.

    my point is...famke jansen was pretty hot in those xmen movies. I hated x-men 3, but i was pretty disappointed when that scene with her and wolverine in the infirmary didn't go full blown porno. I think if they had done that, i wouldn't have minded the rest of the ratner suckfest.

    please...don't make posts like this anymore

    what the hell

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    yeah, planet hulk trailer looks stiff, generic, and lifeless. disappointed.

    This is the problem I have had for every single Marvel direct to video, with the exception of the first Ultimate Avengers (I can't tell if I was impressed because it was the first one, or because it legitimately had higher quality animation) and Hulk vs Wolverine (done by anime guys Madhouse).

    Lionsgate drastically needs to alter their animated stuff. Saying something has a house style may not be bad on its own, but the Lionsgate Animation house style feels like it was developed by some of the least creative people in the world.

    Hey.

    The Doctor Strange movie was pretty rad.

    steam_sig.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yo man, that was messed up

    286v37l.jpg
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Htown wrote: »
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    yeah, planet hulk trailer looks stiff, generic, and lifeless. disappointed.

    This is the problem I have had for every single Marvel direct to video, with the exception of the first Ultimate Avengers (I can't tell if I was impressed because it was the first one, or because it legitimately had higher quality animation) and Hulk vs Wolverine (done by anime guys Madhouse).

    Lionsgate drastically needs to alter their animated stuff. Saying something has a house style may not be bad on its own, but the Lionsgate Animation house style feels like it was developed by some of the least creative people in the world.

    Hey.

    The Doctor Strange movie was pretty rad.

    It was pretty much just a really shitty, generic Kung Fu movie. The Dormammu fight lasted for only a few minutes.

  • CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    he will just walk around in civilian clothes shooting webs and punching Mysterio

    Well, that first part bad, but Mysterio would be awesome. Do him like the Scarecrow levels in Batman: Arkham Assylum

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    20fzuwj.jpg
    Harry here with the most awesome - pretty reliable - rumor of the day. I'm putting this in the caveat as a rumor - as opposed to a rock solid, take it to the bank story. Right now, Martin Campbell is in the process of finalizing the rest of the cast for GREEN LANTERN to surround Ryan Reynolds with. And I'm not sure why, but I've just hit the point where I'm giddy and hopeful about a GREEN LANTERN movie. This story came from someone working on the film. That part is solid, what isn't - and won't be till it all gets finalized is the fact that JACKIE EARLE HALEY is leading the list to play SINESTRO!!! That's just about perfect in my book! Something that makes me absolutely giddy as all hell!

    Oh... and according to my source, it's looking like SUPERMAN will be making a cameo, but that all depends upon how... other DC things go, but it is an indicator that DC is paying attention and taking note of what MARVEL is doing, which has excited all of us so much! But remember, you heard it all here first!

    Pass the SOURCE please

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can't see him as Sinestro.

    I picture Sinestro as an elitist WASP (PASP?), a real snidey upperclass dude

    Not white Ghandi.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I picture Sinestro as an elitist WASP (PASP?), a real snidey upperclass dude
    Sinestro is a fascist peace officer, not the meanest guy at Hal Jordan's preparatory school. :P

    I don't get why people are always projecting racism onto Sinestro either. Has he ever demonstrated that quality?

  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So what I'm hearing is Pierce Brosnan then?

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    20fzuwj.jpg
    Sinestro_corps.jpg

    Someone quote me. I think he could look the part.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

    I don't get why people are always projecting racism onto Sinestro either. Has he ever demonstrated that quality?

    I've never gotten that either, since he was banging Arin Sur, and she wasn't a Korugarian.

    Everyone should kneel before order, of all races and creeds.

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Spoiler:

    Not seeing it.

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They should get that guy who was always tying women to railroad tracks in those silent movies.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

    I don't get why people are always projecting racism onto Sinestro either. Has he ever demonstrated that quality?

    I've never gotten that either, since he was banging Arin Sur, and she wasn't a Korugarian.

    Everyone should kneel before order, of all races and creeds.

    I think it's just because they keep making him look more and more like Hitler.

    And I think the best way to portray Sinestro is as a charismatic spartan (the actual definition of the word, not the Frank Miller definition) type who can convincingly present himself as an alternative to the Guardians instead of coming off like the sort of mustache twirling villain you expect to see when you hear the name Sinestro.

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    15938731.png

    Try now. Joking on the space racism part.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't think looking the part is important. I doubt most of seriously expect Warner Bros. to not take a few liberties in terms of appearance. They might not even call him Sinestro, because frankly it's a dumb name. Might as well call him BahdGuye...

  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd kind of like to see Paul Bettany in the role. Dude has that right mix of charming and creepy.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Only film I've seen him in is A Beautiful Mind. Has he been in anything good ever?

  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, he was in Iron Man.

    Y'know, technically.

  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Only film I've seen him in is A Beautiful Mind. Has he been in anything good ever?

    Master and Commander

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

    also, dejesus you're at the top of my list -shortly followed by hensler, for having opinions so ridiculously bad that you're either the epitome of what's wrong with comic fans or perpetually trolling.

    :?:

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm not a fan of most of Hensler's opinions, but even I can see the glimmer of sentience behind his foul thoughts!

    Anyways, I was thinkin' earlier.

    Are Donald Blake and Thor's physical appearance nearly the same? Like, they involved that mechanic in the Thor movie, it would be the same actor, right?

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They are not the same at all outside of hair color.

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of most of Hensler's opinions, but even I can see the glimmer of sentience behind his foul thoughts!

    You people just are not very nice.

    But anyways, Thor and Blake don't look anything alike.

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was defending you!

    And, hm. I wonder if the fact that we haven't heard of a Donald Blake actor casting is indicative that it won't play a role in the movie.

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I was defending you!

    And, hm. I wonder if the fact that we haven't heard of a Donald Blake actor casting is indicative that it won't play a role in the movie.

    pretty sure it's already been said that Blake isn't gonna be in the movie

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I was defending you!

    And, hm. I wonder if the fact that we haven't heard of a Donald Blake actor casting is indicative that it won't play a role in the movie.

    You said my thoughts were foul. I'll have you know that my thoughts are wonderful!

    And from the script rumors that surfaced so far, and the script that showed up on the Variety boards, most of the movie takes place entirely in Asgard, with Thor being banished to Earth and becoming Blake in the last ~10 minutes. If that is still the case, the Blake role wouldn't be big news, and probably wouldn't have to be filled until much later.

  • Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I was defending you!

    And, hm. I wonder if the fact that we haven't heard of a Donald Blake actor casting is indicative that it won't play a role in the movie.

    either that or they'll just make him a Civilian looking thor.

    ultimates-1.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought the Thor movie was going to be entirely set in Asgard

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    hey idiots, this isn't the "talk about which forumers you don't like" thread, so knock that shit off

    Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone posted that Deniro and Jude Law have been cast in Thor?

    visually i'm guessing 2 parts of the Warriors Three

    286v37l.jpg
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, they'll have to set up his entrance into the Avengers somehow.

    E: @Bale

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    Has anyone posted that Deniro and Jude Law have been cast in Thor?

    visually i'm guessing 2 parts of the Warriors Three
    Where did you hear this from?

    ach.png
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://aintitcool.com/node/42746


    it doesn't say who they play, but i really can't see DeNiro as Odin, but Law does give off a Baldur-ish vibe

    286v37l.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well Odin was already cast as BRIAN BLESSED I thought?

    shamanhealingwave.jpgabilitypaladinshieldofv.png
This discussion has been closed.