As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

virtual scanner

HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My bank allows me to deposit checks by scanning them online, and it used to be that all I had to do was send them images of the scanned check. However, sometime recently they made it so that the website interfaces directly with the scanner driver to scan the check (I'm guessing for security reasons). The only scanner I have access to is the one at the library, and they have some kind of additional security features so that this doesn't work. Is there any software out there that interfaces with the computer via a scanner driver and acts like a virtual scanner? So then I can fool the website and just give them images of my checks through the software? Thanks.

HalberdBlue on

• Options
    HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nevermind, I just found out that my bank has an iphone app where I can just take pictures of my check. So, I never have to deal with their website again. Wooooo~

HalberdBlue on