As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Achievements/Trophies - Waive Your E-Peen Here

Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
Here is a thread to waggle your awesome e-peen in all our faces. Post your best achievements and trophies here! This can also be used for your wish that you had played a game on a different system to boost your gamer score or trophy collection. And no mocking the Wii since they are creating their star system starting with New Super Mario Bros Wii. (Or do mock, if it keeps the thread interesting)

I am quite proud of my Fallout 3 achievements, almost all unlocked, but I got distracted when Zeta dropped. I really wish I had purchased Dead Space on 360 since I unlocked almost all the trophies on PS3. I know the scoring system is just a e-peen measurement, but for some reason I wish I had boosted my gamer score with that one. Same goes for Lego Batman and Indiana Jones.

Anyway, post your best of the best, 5 stars, 100%, and system scoring regrets here. And remember, it's just a measurement of your awesomeness at our most beloved of hobbies!

More detailed listing of my greatest achievements coming soon.

Steam: kaylesolo1
3DS: 1521-4165-5907
PS3: KayleSolo
Live: Kayle Solo
WiiU: KayleSolo
Capt Howdy on

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love me some achievements, as you can probably tell :P

I don't think they mean anything but they're really fun to try and go for. I'm pretty happy I got them all in Batman recently, and I tried to get them in every RPG but Star Ocean brought that dream crashing down.

What's the deal with this "star system"?

Ganluan on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't necessarily try to go for trophies, as they'd just slow down the regular game. But if I can just do stuff and get them accidentally, that sounds good. I've actually been taking my time and solving the Riddler riddles in Arkham Asylum, so I guess I'm somewhat alright with needless praise.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Erm... I want to post here, but if I do according to the thread title I'll lose my e-peen.

Wait... shit.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I love me some achievements, as you can probably tell :P

I don't think they mean anything but they're really fun to try and go for. I'm pretty happy I got them all in Batman recently, and I tried to get them in every RPG but Star Ocean brought that dream crashing down.

What's the deal with this "star system"?

Apparently if you do something great in NSMB Wii you get a Star on the title screen representing your greatness. I don't know if everyone gets to see it, but it is there. Like a personal pat on the back for doing better than most.

I don't put too much stock in achievements/trophies, but there really are some games I like to show my dominance on. Which is basically what they're for. But much like most of you, they aren't things I work towards, just accidental bits of trivia about my gaming ability.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
    Duplicate Thread

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Erm... I want to post here, but if I do according to the thread title I'll lose my e-peen.

Wait... shit.

We can't all be the gaming Peter North, but it's fun just to be in the biz; you dig?

My gamer score sucks, especially given how many games I own. If anything, my score is just a way for me to show that I own more games than you. Not that I am better at them than you are. :mrgreen:

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
    Duplicate Thread

Fuck, my search skills are horrible. But I think mine might be more fleshed out, given the wish I had on this system option? Plus the Wii star attention.

Edit - that thread's title doesn't allow for trophies. It's very much 360 inclusive, and I want to provide a thread for all gamers.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think he was referring to how the thread title says "waive", implying that by posting about them here you actually lose your e-peen, as oppose to "wave", meaning show it off which is probably what the OP meant.

langfor6 on
This discussion has been closed.