As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Valueing Old Comics/Comic Finds

CorvusCorvus .VancouverRegistered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
So, I've come across something of a comics treasure trove. My Dad passed away in April, and he came from a long line of pack-rats. To that end, I've been sifting through various boxes of junk that came, originally, out of my grandparent's house when they moved into a nursing home in the 80s.

Well, amongst the clutter I found a huge box full of old comics from the 50s and 60s, with a few from the early 70s. Primarily they're Tarzan and some other titles published by Dell or Gold Key. No sign of anything Marvel yet, but I did just come across a copy of Action Comics 232 .

So, my question is, whats a good resource for seeing what, if anything these comics are worth? They aren't in prime condition, and I doubt I'd sell them, but its certainly something I'd be interested in seeing. Whats a trustworthy reference book or website to look at?

Alternatively, share your stories of discovering cool comics in unexpected places. Your grandma's attic, a garage sale, whatever.

:so_raven:
Corvus on

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My first comics were two issues of "Micronauts" I found at a local rummage sale. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

This pretty much kept me off superhero comics for the next ten years.

So, I guess that's not a story of discovering cool comics at all.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Another good reason for getting them valued or appraised is for insurance, in case something happens to them.

supertall on