As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Fighting Games Thread - so there's this game coming out called ssf4, seems ok

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Futore wrote: »
    wimble you are going to have no one fun to play with from here.

you are going to die alone. on top of your playstation

t-that's not true!! Several people are getting it for the PS3

you shut up

who cares if the sneak won't get it for the PS3. He is ugly and not at all fun to play with and a bloo bloo

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want to play wimble!
    I want wimble to play me!
    SSFIV games for everyone!

Hooray for haiku.

RabidDeathMoose on
    edited March 2010
    do you even have a ps3

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    No I do not.

RabidDeathMoose on
    edited March 2010
    yeah, well who needs ya anyway?

all these years I got by fine all by my damn self. Ain't no one I need to get my shoryuken on

Time to up and corkscrew blow this joint

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    basically he's saying stop being a silly goose and get a 360 too wimble

i will be getting ssfiv for both consoles though

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    But you're insane and don't count.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wimble, who do you main in SF4?

also, what are the system requirement to play something like ggpo or 2dfighter or whatever has the 3rd strike you guys are always playing

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited March 2010
    Well I would probably cave and get a 360 if I could get a pad that was like the ps3 controller. The alternative would be a stick but it costs as much as half the price of the console (at least here it does) and I would still be using a pad on the ps3 unless I got at stick for it as well, which sours me on the whole thing since I don't really want to learn how to play on a stick anyway!

I am super glad that you are getting it for both consoles, though. That is mega great

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm getting it for whichever system can promise me a better online experience.

SFIV on the 360 was... not ideal.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited March 2010
    Futore wrote: »
    Wimble, who do you main in SF4?

also, what are the system requirement to play something like ggpo or 2dfighter or whatever has the 3rd strike you guys are always playing

I don't have a main. The only real life dude I know who would play SF4 with me was terrible so I would play every character in an attempt to not outlevel him. I will definitely try to become good with a fellow if I end up getting to play a bunch of ssfiv with you guys, though. Probably Dudley!

also I would expect the system requirements for ggpo and 2dfighter to be butts minus half a cheek? It doesn't really seem to eat up much of my resources, anyway

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    the system requirements are just download the fucking thing and try it out

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    Wimble wrote: »
    Well I would probably cave and get a 360 if I could get a pad that was like the ps3 controller. The alternative would be a stick but it costs as much as half the price of the console (at least here it does) and I would still be using a pad on the ps3 unless I got at stick for it as well, which sours me on the whole thing since I don't really want to learn how to play on a stick anyway!

I am super glad that you are getting it for both consoles, though. That is mega great

www.customgamer.com

This is a very good friend of mine that makes these sticks, and I can vouch for their quality. He should be able to make you an awesome dual-system stick. If you'd like, I can even ask if he can give you a discount, since you're a friend of mine.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    this is you guys >:[
    fart.jpg

ok i'll got try them out now. which one do you dudes usually play on the most? btw, i've never played 3rd strike and will be using my laptop keyboard

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited March 2010
    I prefer 2dfighter personally.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    The Sneak! wrote: »

www.customgamer.com

This is a very good friend of mine that makes these sticks, and I can vouch for their quality. He should be able to make you an awesome dual-system stick. If you'd like, I can even ask if he can give you a discount, since you're a friend of mine.

aww

man I just don't know. I don't know anyone who plays who lives near me and there's bound to be some lag playing with you guys, so it feels weird being all serious with a stick and what not. I will definitely let you know if I reconsider, though!

also I prefer ggpo because it's neat that it let's me play

that is a feature I wish 2dfighter had hurr hurr

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Wimble, you just need to unlock the ports on your router and 2dfighter should work fine.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    well 2dfighter did work fine

then I forgot my password and tried signing up with my other e-mail and it wouldn't let me

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    neat! for some reason it is saying I'm trying to register with an invalid email account. hrmmm. oh well i'll work on it later. thanks

and that dude's custom stick stuff is pretty cool! what's the pricing like? of course it ranges, but can it be less than the commercial sticks?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited March 2010
    Try again!

The Sneak! on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Perrsun on
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure. Let me ask him about it.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    I mean, the dude's been my best friend for well over nine years now, and he's a great guy, so I'm sure his prices are reasonable.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    of course, of course. i trust you and your sources, sneak.

and that madcatz pad has always enticed me

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited March 2010
    now 2dfighter is completely down for me

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Wimble, what are you currently using for a stick?

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    I don't have a stick! I use the PS3 controller

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Alright, I've talked to him about it, and his sticks are reasonably priced, but they're still more expensive than a TE stick. However, he's also available to mod your current stick to be able to play on both the 360 and the PS3 for the cost of the components plus a service fee. He's only able to do it with 360 sticks, however, and not PS3 sticks as a base.

The Sneak! on
    edited March 2010
    hmm. still pretty cool!

and searching for sticks and pads brought me to find that Office Depot actually has them for pretty damn cheap? unless the website is wrong

they have this one
    478314_sk_lg.jpg
    Mad Catz Street Fighter Fight Stick

for $37!

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited March 2010
    Weren't those going for nearly $70 when they first came out? That seems like a good deal.

RabidDeathMoose on
    edited March 2010
    they cost $160-170 here

derp

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BlazBlue is more fun because it's slower and more methodical. And I like the cast more.

sol is better than ragna
    jam is better than litchi
    slayer is better than rachel
    bridget is better than carl
    chipp is better than taokaka
    dizzy is way better than nu

and there are definitely more, because robo-ky and slayer are better than everyone

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright, I've talked to him about it, and his sticks are reasonably priced, but they're still more expensive than a TE stick. However, he's also available to mod your current stick to be able to play on both the 360 and the PS3 for the cost of the components plus a service fee. He's only able to do it with 360 sticks, however, and not PS3 sticks as a base.

i might be interested in doing the latter. do you know how much that totals to?

Sars_Boy on
    edited March 2010
    they cost $160-170 here

derp

it would be cheaper for me to buy you one and send it USPS

also, guys the Super Nintendo I got for my lady came in the mail today. i'm excited to play the copy of SF2 we got the other day on it

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I like GG. It has an awesome cast, and great music.

It's just very difficult to grasp. I've played it since X2,and still have little idea of what I'm doing.

I was able to figure out BB's core mechanics within hours.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GG isn't difficult to grasp, it's difficult to execute

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

i might be interested in doing the latter. do you know how much that totals to?

This is something that several people around here have also been asking about.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would have liked BB a lot more if there was a hitbox display in training mode. Some of those hitboxes are so unintuitive, they make absolutely no sense to me.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, BB has a really good dub. Aksys have always been awesome at that.

Was Accent Core dubbed?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jin's dubbing is hilarious.

Sars_Boy on
This discussion has been closed.