Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Unironically looking for critique/help with a comic (Concept updates on pg. 2)

2»

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not usually, except maybe adjusting levels.

• AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Just say it was intentional and roll with it :)

like I said, Allan Moore did that kind of thing, and its partly why he's so famous- deconstructing characters and whatnot.

edit: also, my first thought was Cuthulu type minion, but that last panel screams zoidberg

This.
    By the end of the strip I was reading it in a yiddish accent.
    But overall, I dig the work. It's cool.

CheeseSticks15.png
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think the sharp contrast is working pretty good actually
    definitely thought more cthulhu than zoidberg though but really i didn't think of either because i knew it was neither?
    I like it.

raneasig.png
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Crap I got so distracted with the crits I almost forgot.

Squidbunny, Earthworm, Tynic, RubberAC, and Analrapist: Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you could at least get some enjoyability out of these.

I decided to do some inked drawings today and start working out another character design. I have no idea if these look stiff or not, I don't really trust my own eyes any more, so feedback is appreciated. Again these seem to have aliasing issues on these as well, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Chup.png

And Roy, mixing in some heavy Andy Helms influences for the sake of trying to get a handle on inking. I get the feeling the blacks make him read poorly.
    RoyMkII.png

2»