As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween 2009 - A plethora of MJ costumes predicted

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    bigwah wrote: »
    Here is my sons outfit this year(he is only 3)
    Was going for this:

girandpig.jpg

pa310620.jpg

A couple people did think he was a girl

that is epic.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm back, cleaned and showered from our jaunt down to Hollywood. My wife and I, and three of her friends signed up for a "Haunted Hollywood" scavenger hunt-thingy. You're given clues about locations around the streets, and have to figure them out and write the answers down. Pretty simple.

I went as a Mad Scientist, my wife and her one friend went as Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, another friend went as a spider-web (low budget costumes!) and the last friend went in sort of a Ren-Faire gown and cape. Needless to say the two villianess' were the hit of the group on the streets.

The fun part was actually seeing the people come out as the night went on. So. Many. Weirdos. And Michael Jackson's WoF star was beset by costumed freaks with gloves and red pleather jackets. The later it got, the skimpier the girls outfits- I would call them costumes, but I don't think that many girls go out as "Streetwalking Cat-girls" these days. It was really something.

Even got to see an actual crack-whore getting arrested.

Good times. Happy Halloween.

Tach on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got back from the screening of Rocky Horror, where I had one of my friends across the theater shout "Describe Mike!" right before the "weakling" line at the start of I Can Make You a Man.

My life is now complete.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    one dude at my work was casey jones
    his knuckles were probably raw from all the fist bumps i gave him

That is a fantastic fucking idea, and I'm stealing it for next year.

I just need to find a fucking hockey mask that won't make me look like Jason Voorhees.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had only 2 kids come up for candy this year. My place had decorations up on the first of Oct.

I ended up just tossing candy to random people who walked by my apt.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Plannin on goin as the Vault Dweller but have no idea what to do about the Pip-Boy, gonna try and make one.
    Anyone know any guides on how to build one?

Here's what I came up with the day before Halloween:

Photoon2009-11-01at23122.jpg

An old grey sock, some duct tape and an iPod Touch.
    Granted, that would be pretty pricey if you don't already own an iPod or iPhone...

I should really get the photos of the rest of my costume off my flatmate.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I work weekends for a company that drives home drunk people and tonight was Halloween.

One question: What the fuck was with the Rodeo Clowns?

I couldn't go more than a block downtown without seeing someone dressed up as a god damned rodeo clown. Did everyone just forget to get a costume and decide to pick up a pair of overalls, some bandanas and a $5 grocery store clown makup kit or what?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is me!
    100_1311.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    here is the costume i made for my step-son (age 10)
    15831_326475180524_671330524_9607162_7925607_n.jpg
    15831_326475225524_671330524_9607166_901578_n.jpg

Octobot on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good news everyone, it's was our first family Halloween
    4064886840_3368a13e3e.jpg
    4064135967_4f4fcff930.jpg
    4064139365_8b2b6a9438.jpg
    4064889216_b8bdc5706f.jpg

I may cross post this in the my SO is awesome thread, cause my wife put in most of the work on a costume theme of my choosing.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had around seventy kids and teens come up to my door. It was my first Halloween in this house (just moved in Sep 18th) and I honestly didn't expect that many people. Fortunately I had enough candy on hand, but now I don't have any left for myself! Hah. There were some good costumes (pool cue with Disco written on the side) and there were some lazy ones (rubber mask with regular clothes).

Nothing really stood out though.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Time to go hit the stores today for discount Halloween candy.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    muuuuummy
    photo6km.jpg

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    I'm posting in my Henchman #21 outfit right now. I'll post pics tomorrow. My wife is Mina Harker from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. We also have here someone as beatlejuice, a skeleton, a europop/punk band frontwoman and an interpretation of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds".

oh man

we needed henchmen!

IMG_0793.jpg

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Not a single MJ costume in this thread.

You have all failed.

Edit: You should have made the eyebrows out of pipe cleaner, Nexus. That way they'd stay straight out.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    and look lame as hell thats real hair mang

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I saw a really good werewolf MJ costume last night. Full on professional looking werewolf make-up and everything.

He was chasing people though so I didn't have a chance to get a picture.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I wore regular clothes with gift bows on my shoulders and chest with a gift tag on my torso: "from: God, to: women"

Got lots of smiles and laughs and hi-5s.

Totally stealing this for next year.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, here's some photos:

First here's me sans costume:
    11845_168243181501_675636501_3334187_4422010_n.jpg
    And here's me in costume:
    11845_168236266501_675636501_3334065_571012_n.jpg
    And the wife:
    11845_168236241501_675636501_3334062_5288983_n.jpg
    And our group
    11845_168236341501_675636501_3334076_1161545_n.jpg

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    All righty--here's a couple shots of me and my buddy pre-drinking at my folks' house:

scudworthmrb.jpg

raisetheroof.jpg
    Raise it!

There should be more from the party as people get around to uploading and posting them. Was a hell of a night. :D

LaOs on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LaOs wrote: »
    All righty--here's a couple shots of me and my buddy pre-drinking at my folks' house:

[IMG]http://homepage.usask.ca/nv p628/images/photos/halloween/scudworthmrb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://homepage.usask.ca/nv p628/images/photos/halloween/raisetheroof.jpg[/IMG]
    Raise it!

There should be more from the party as people get around to uploading and posting them. Was a hell of a night. :D

Whoa! A friend of mine and her boyfriend went as Joan and Abe. :lol: Unfortunately, you guys don't seem to be in the same province...

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cfdcb0efb9.jpg

Freaked a few people out. Love getting all bloodied up.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's pretty awesome having a friend who likes to take pictures and photoshop them.

13056524519138041760009.jpg

If you can't tell I went as Cthulhu.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    If you want more kids to come by, try giving out glowsticks. Kids will come to your door from files away.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright better late than never but here's my annual pumpkin slaughter:
    dscf1186x.jpg
    dscf1172.jpg
    dscf1170.jpg
    On Halloween night the melting one was slathered with green glo-sticks. It was supposed to be 'radioactive'.
    dscf1188.jpg
    dscf1178.jpg
    dscf1175n.jpg
    The pink 80's chick had a light that slowly revolved through different colors.
    dscf1187.jpg
    dscf1181q.jpg
    dscf1184.jpg
    The large one, if you can't see, had two large bolts sticking out of his brain, which was 'connected' via jump start cables to a flashing rope light we had up to lead people to our porch, and itself was lit with a large strobe.

E: Also the big one was such a burly pumpkin that it took a fall off the pot to the left of it, where it was sitting in, when one of our more drunk guests tried to play with the strobe light that was inside. It was completely fine, not a single crack or dent.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I did not see many Michael Jacksons in the thousands of people there.

Crazy.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    now THIS is how you do a zombie for halloween:

11441_171246216882_532226882_3281253_4504308_n.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good news everyone, it's was our first family Halloween
    4064886840_3368a13e3e.jpg
    4064135967_4f4fcff930.jpg
    4064139365_8b2b6a9438.jpg
    4064889216_b8bdc5706f.jpg

I may cross post this in the my SO is awesome thread, cause my wife put in most of the work on a costume theme of my choosing.

Ahahahaha, yes. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a convincing Zoidberg costume.

I went as Surly, of the Seven Duffs this year. Actually came out pretty good. I'll upload some photos when I can.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    TalleyrandTalleyrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    now THIS is how you do a zombie for halloween:

11441_171246216882_532226882_3281253_4504308_n.jpg

Give him a red tie and he'd be a white zombie Louis.

Talleyrand on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone else do a zombie walk? Zombie walks are hella fun.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I've wanted to do one, but I at least got to limp around the party I was at and act like a zombie all night which was lots of fun.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    8730_187662811092_725791092_4366929_6793252_n.jpg

I was a circus ring leader and went to West Hollywood for the day.....best place to see creativity!

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2009
    Next year, I think I will be fit enough to pull off a roland deschain.

thedarktower.gif

Sooo going to try to get a good costume for that.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Futurama family :^:

I didn't dress up because we went to a football game, drove home just in time to hand out candy. Unlike a lot of towns our trick-or-treat time was 6PM to 8PM so it was dark. A lot of places do like 1PM to 3 PM or something so the kiddies don;t get raped and murdered. Happens every year, at least 450 local kids raped an murdered on Halloween when there are groups of people walking around the streets.

My sister's neighborhood had trick-or-treats LAST SATURDAY. Because if they had it on Halloween it would have conflicted with the high school football Armageddon that is Massillon-McKinley.

So we had about 30 kids altogether, once we were out of candy we turned off the porch light and watched TV.

Backstop on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I've wanted to do one, but I at least got to limp around the party I was at and act like a zombie all night which was lots of fun.

I did one in Austin. It was really great. We probably had between 80 and 100 zombies, and it ended at the capitol building where we took a bunch of pictures with all the zombies on the steps. I highly recommend it.

It also helped me step up my costume for Halloween by getting ideas from other zombies, as well as getting used to the process of applying the makeup. I was very happy with the end result.
    ZombieMe2.jpg

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2009
    My little girl designed her own pumpkin, which bore a striking resemblance to the one from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, probably not coincidentally. Then she helped me carve it out, and then gave it eyelashes because it was a "pretty girl pumpkin".

And then she took a red marker and scribbled blood all around the mouth and spattered across the pumpkin, because it "just ate a trick-or-treater".

I should unload my camera and post a picture.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Jeffe, is it hard for you to hang around other parents because your kids are so much better than theirs?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Jeffe, is it hard for you to hang around other parents because your kids are so much better than theirs?

You have no idea.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »
    hmm i need a lazy costume idea

Crappy white bed sheet, cut out holes for your eyes.

Congratulations, you're now either a ghost or member of the KKK, depending on the State you're in.

Oh! Or cut out a bunch of holes and walk around with a bag, containing a single rock.[/QUOTED]
    I tried this once

No-one got it

Rent on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »
    hmm i need a lazy costume idea

Crappy white bed sheet, cut out holes for your eyes.

Congratulations, you're now either a ghost or member of the KKK, depending on the State you're in.

Oh! Or cut out a bunch of holes and walk around with a bag, containing a single rock.[/QUOTED]
    I tried this once

No-one got it

I did this for Maddie last year. Except I covered it with black circles instead of holes, so it would look more cartoony. A few people got it, which made it worth the effort.

Easiest costume I ever made.

ElJeffe on