As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Office thread: Shove it up your butt!

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Oh my god. The webisodes are fan fucking tastic.

We need more Ryan and the Nard dog

NeoToma on
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The webisodes aren't on Global's site, and NBC's site is just infinitely loading without actually loading.
    Damn you CRTC!

TubularLuggage on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh wow, the ending really makes Erin to be just a good person who's trying too hard to be nice. Better than mean Receptionist Pam being all cynical.

It was a good episode, although the cold call sales thing went a bit too far into unbelievable with Pam and Andy (especially the first call).

And watch every Halloween party have a dick in the box costume now.

TexiKen on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    That was awesome. First uncomfortable bit in a while.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    THE BLOOD!

KalTorak on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So it's safe to assume that, in the future, Jim will not be taking a bullet for Michael Scott.

emnmnme on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Erin dressed as a priest just ... just does something good to me.

INeedNoSalt on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Yes. I am the popular social networking site Bookface."

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Creed showing up with the blood was Arrested Development-esque in terms of wait time for a joke payoff.

Acheron on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So did Pam and Andy make that sale? I thought they did, but then Pam told Erin the day was a waste of time - was that just to avoid speaking to her?

Andy knowing the location of the birthing coach was hilarious, especially Pam's reaction.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They said it was a "maybe."

KalTorak on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh god Michael :( Give him some happiness.

And man, I was cringing as he kissed Pams stomach. Awkwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

DarkWarrior on
    edited October 2009
    Youd think hed have had his ex on his plan at least. Im glad that Pam didnt freak out too much about Andy and accepted why he did what he did, he took it too far but the guys just lonely.

And did it say Erin was an oprhan?

DarkWarrior on
    edited October 2009
    Youd think hed have had his ex on his plan at least. Im glad that Pam didnt freak out too much about Andy and accepted why he did what he did, he took it too far but the guys just lonely.

Yes! That was my favorite part of the list.

KalTorak on
    edited October 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

Im just worried about Dwight, I mean can he breathe through that thing?

DarkWarrior on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

Im just worried about Dwight, I mean can he breathe through that thing?

My favorite thing on the board was under Ryan.

It just said "Kelly".

Taramoor on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hahaha. Creed is great.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited November 2009
    Michael adding up Pam's Mom's age, that was good. And Jim not letting Pam get away with a fake phonecall, good job. She wouldn't let you go to your flooded apartment, return the favor.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2009
    That was a bad episode, on par with the dead Ed Truck episode. The first part starts out ok, and then the second and third parts just falls apart, and they really pushed things to make Michael the bad guy.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2009
    Michael was the bad guy. He dated Pam's Mom, got her emotionally attached to him, then dumped her on her birthday.

emnmnme on
    edited November 2009
    And having dated her for a month they break it off in the worst way possible (that really breaks the idea of it being a more realistic show) instead of the relationship running through it's course in order for Pam to be justified in her anger at the relationship after she was fine with it. Jim and Pam can be the bad guys on the show sometimes, they aren't perfect.

TexiKen on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think having the relationship flame out early is realistic for a guy like Michael.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009
    When they were in the car the first time Pam's mom looked a lot like Jan.

KalTorak on
    edited November 2009
    He already did it with Carol and Jan, and poor Holly was taken away too soon.......too soon.

He could have had Jim and Pam be his kids and he could be so proud of them!

TexiKen on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Pam is really becoming unlikeable to me.

Kyougu on
    edited November 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

She's preggers and swarming with hormones.

emnmnme on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This series will not end until Michael has his own child on the way.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

But you have to admit, she's a pretty awesome bully.

"You have to keep your hands down."

Kiwi on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I do'nt know she was pretty fucking hilarious while she was flipping out

Hachface on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This series will not end until Michael has his own child on the way.

I don't know how it'll be a few seasons from now, but even now I think that ending the series with unabashed wish fulfillment would be contrary to the ostensible point of the show, which is to be a sitcom with at least a hint of the sadness and sense of failure characterized by a soul-crushing office job.

To me, a more appropriate happy ending would just be Dunder Mifflin going bankrupt, everyone moving on to different jobs, but Pam and Jim remaining friends with Michael anyway. It would confirm that his fantasy of his worklife as a replacement for a family wasn't entirely unfounded and that the relationships he thought he had with his employees weren't entirely in his head. Hell, you could have them give him a #1 Boss Mug too to cap it off.

Robos A Go Go on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was kind of disappointed they didn't take the advantage to do more with Michael's relationship with Pam's mom.

I dunno, I liked a lot of parts from this episode but it still didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

BloodySloth on
    edited November 2009
    I like that idea for it ending, but I think something more appropriate/heartcrushing would be Michael doing something that actually saved the company (he says something in passing to Wallace/Minor who runs with it, like he stole the idea for the Flaming Homer) but only to have the Scranton branch closed and Michael fired.

And he then opens Shoe-la-la and it becomes a big success.

Ok, that last one will never happen, but as long as he gets Holly in the end that's good.

TexiKen on
  • InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I didn't like this episode..
    That is all.

Back to learning.

InHuman on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah this was not a good episode.

Micheal being such a complete asshole was really hard to watch.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked this episode.

He had a point about where that relationship was going. But as usual, terrible terrible timing.

So It Goes on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Yeah this was not a good episode.

Micheal being such a complete asshole was really hard to watch.

Hi, I'm The Office.

Have we met?

Raynaga on
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked this episode. It reminded me of the horrible awkwardness of the British series.

Nimble Cat on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    I liked this episode. It reminded me of the horrible awkwardness of the British series.

I hate to say it but I think I'm done with this show. It's just too much. Somewhere one of the writers decided the best part of Michael was the assholishness - and it's really not. The best part is the happy medium where we can at least sympathize. For example when Pam set him up with her land lady - I mean we'd be upset then too. And for him to be put off by the womans age is sort of relateable as well, but the fashion he did it in - I don't know why someone thought that would be interesting to watch. Oh well, at least COMMUNITY is still funny.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ED! wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »

I hate to say it but I think I'm done with this show. It's just too much. Somewhere one of the writers decided the best part of Michael was the assholishness - and it's really not. The best part is the happy medium where we can at least sympathize. For example when Pam set him up with her land lady - I mean we'd be upset then too. And for him to be put off by the womans age is sort of relateable as well, but the fashion he did it in - I don't know why someone thought that would be interesting to watch. Oh well, at least COMMUNITY is still funny.

I'm not sure what about Michael was at all different from other episodes. I thought he was sympathetic and relatable when he said that he wanted to experience things himself and not have to just make do with the memories of his older significant other who can't/has no interest in doing some of the things he wants.

It was also funny because he's like in his mid-forties saying these things, and he doesn't realize that he's kind of running out of time to do fun young people stuff himself.

Then, he went back to being asshole Michael. Really it was a great mix of his character attributes by the writers.

BloodySloth on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Loved this episode, especially Toby's boxing lesson

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png