As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Office thread: Shove it up your butt!

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I guess.

My girlfriend worked for one of those raise money for charity people for a time and they fired one of her co-workers because when he was short on quota he'd just call a friend or donate from himself. I thought it'd be the same deal.

Could be wrong though.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    As it relates to bonuses, I think it would be an issue if any of the sales people bought it, but not if Andy did, assuming Andy gets no commission as manager.

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I think if the company had organised it then I think it would be some sort of fraud? You know sort of artificially inflating the turnover of your company.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Tonight's episode is actually pretty awesome:

-Robert California's tour of his creepy sex palace (To both these bears!)
    -Erin in a bathing suit
    -Toby pretending to be a wine afficienado

That said, I have been drinking malt liquor all night. Maybe that's what it takes to enjoy the office now.

And I'm still bothered by all of this relationship stuff, just because it feels so forced. Kathy, the new girl, trying to flirt with Jim, and Andy's new girlfriend both bother the shit out of me.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Bare with me here, now that it's over, but I do believe I even caught a spark of the old office greatness here. I was genuinely touched by Erin finding Andy's ring, and I dug that creepy moment with Robert at the end.

Although, again, it may just be all the malt liquor.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I don't know if it's a fluke or not, but I enjoyed tonight's episode.

!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I laughed a lot on this one.

Erin choking Dwight out with her thighs in the chicken fight was fucking fantastic.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I very much enjoyed that episode. Again, it was a rather outlandish in terms of the original concept but it was damn funny. I think in the past two episodes they've played down the flanderisation of the characters somewhat as well.

• Options
    WappaduWappadu Registered User regular
    That was an outstanding episode. I'd be ok with changing the format to Real World: The Office and stay in California's house from here on out.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Yeah I was fully prepared to be disappointed but this episode was great. They got right back into the weirdness with California, which I felt was really missing all season.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Don't forget Darrell getting in the pool and Gabe and Ryan trying to out-toady each other.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed how quickly Dwight was ok with Erin's plan. That and creepy Robert California is great.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    Anyone else get a weird Oscar/Toby vibe?

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    Boy, that WAS a good episode. Wish the show was always like that, these days.

Erik
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Also the reverse-meatball prank was pretty great. Good to see Jim on the receiving end, but also that Dwight and Stanley's "master plan" was "get Jim to buy us hundreds of meatballs."

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I enjoyed how Jim was basically the butt of everything this episode. With the meatballs to California getting mad at him to him getting stuck at the party longer than he wanted to.

• Options
    Croc_ClockCroc_Clock Registered User regular
    so my girlfriend and i started watching the office, and we just finished season 2. Is Pam legitimately cute/hot or is it just the inflation effect whereby women in the office automatically gain 2-3 attractiveness points just through proximity/time?

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I had a huge crush on Pam when I started watching the show, so yes she is cute/hot.

• Options
    AgesAges Registered User regular
    No one else baffled by Jim possibly driving drunk at the end? Him taking out the mailbox made it pretty clear that he wasn't in the best shape.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Ages wrote:
    No one else baffled by Jim possibly driving drunk at the end? Him taking out the mailbox made it pretty clear that he wasn't in the best shape.

I got the feeling that he wasn't actually drinking that wine. In the one shot it looked like he was faking it. He wasn't acting drunk, no slurring or anything (and yes, I'm well aware that's not an actual metric to judge that kind of thing on, but it's TV).

I figured he was just busting out because Meredith wouldn't move her car and he wanted to GTFO.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I figured he was just busting out because Meredith wouldn't move her car and he wanted to GTFO.

This. There was an earlier conversation about Meridith's car being in the way, and she wouldn't move it. And when the skinny dipping came around, he was out of there.

• Options
    JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    I had a huge crush on Pam when I started watching the show, so yes she is cute/hot.
    I loved Pam before she got pregnant the first time. Now I've replaced her with Erin.

And jealous Erin in a one-piece is the next best Erin to jealous Erin in a two-piece.

• Options
    http://www.hitfix.com/articles/office-spin-off-starring-rainn-wilson-in-the-works-at-nbc

Dwight might be leaving the show midway through next year to star in a spin-off focusing on Schrute Farms/B&B.

It sounds like Paul Lieberstein would probably leave for the Schrute Show as well, which means The Office would need a new showrunner.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That sounds as bad as Joey getting a spinoff. Schrute Farms works as the occasional set piece for Dwight to throw out some odd outdated tidbit from his life, but for 22 minutes? Can't see it working.

I saw the house party episode because all you cool cats were saying it was a good episode, and it was. I think it was a good episode specifically because Andy wasn't the main focus, it was the company reacting to California's house. Andy had a plot but since it was from Erin's POV it was much better and more laughs were able to be squeezed out of it.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    If anything, I'd rather see a spin-off with Kelly Kapoor. Plus Dwight's character is stale as hell, but Mindy Kaling is increasing in popularity since releasing her book.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    EDIT: no idea HOW that post got here

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    If anything, I'd rather see a spin-off with Kelly Kapoor. Plus Dwight's character is stale as hell, but Mindy Kaling is increasing in popularity since releasing her book.

Hell yes. A Kelly and her girlfriends spin-off would actually be awesome.

• Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    What? No. A spinoff for any of those characters would be awful.

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i want to see an "adventures of creed" spinoff that would essentially be a prequel and show us how he got to where he is

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    i want to see an "adventures of creed" spinoff that would essentially be a prequel and show us how he got to where he is

Sooooo an autobiography of Creed Bratton?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed_Bratton. Yup.

• Options
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit storm's a-brewin' on the Jim/Kathy/Pam front...

• Options
    edited February 2012
    was the message we were supposed to get from the intro that angela is on crack or something?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Is it though?
    Jim has shown no interest in her except for in that one episode a long time ago and that wasn't really more than "Yes, that is an attractive female." They haven't set up Jim cheating on Pam, that would destroy the character and I'm pretty sure kill the show. They cannot be that stupid.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    i'm interested to see more robert california weirdery
    especially since ryan is going down there too

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I missed the last talking head with Erin after Kathy's phonecall. Did anyone catch it?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly...
    Was that the one where she stated she was going down to Florida and never coming back?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Is it though?
    Jim has shown no interest in her except for in that one episode a long time ago and that wasn't really more than "Yes, that is an attractive female." They haven't set up Jim cheating on Pam, that would destroy the character and I'm pretty sure kill the show. They cannot be that stupid.

Yeah it's not going to be a shitstorm.
    It's going to be an akward situation when she tries to make a move on Jim in Florida, maybe she'll kiss him or something stupid. He'll be all "uh, no?", making her made and stupidly betrayed. He'll then tell Pam who will needlessly freak out for an episode, and then it'll be done.

If they try to make it a "thing" I'm with @AManFromEarth in that it would just kill the show. It would be so unimaginably out of character that what remains of the fanbase for the show will just give up entirely.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Hell the show hasn't really recovered from putting them in a stable married relationship with a kid, you'd just be driving more people away with a prolonged fake love triangle thing. Making Kathy insane though might work...

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Eeeehhhhhh, I dunno. By the time they finally got together their little thing had run its course. They dragged it out way too long. I know they were trying for another Ross/Rachel thing to keep viewers, but that shit gets wearing after awhile. I was surprised when the wedding epidode wasn't the series finale, and the season that followed kinda proved that the writers were totally lost for what to do now that the jim/pam thing had kinda reached its peak. It was terrible.

For me anyway, I had hoped there would be a nice change of pace once they did finally hook up because the show could finally be about something other than them, constantly. It didn't happen immediately though; In fact, the main reason I like this season so much, so far, is that it's about the office and not really just about any single individual. Virtually everyone has something going on that they take time to jump around to without getting overly focused on any one (or two) characters. I think losing Carell actually ended up improving the show, to be honest. If they can keep up the quality of this season so far, I think the show could easily last a few more seasons. If they get stupid and get mono-focused on Andy/Erin or something then it's just going to go right back down the drain.

Either way, I hope they really play down the Kathy thing, or do like what you said and just make her kinda insane so she can be blown off pretty quickly. If they try to make it more than that...ugh

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    i'm not ready for kathy to be insane yet
    we haven't fully explored the depth of robert california's insanity and thats something i want to see first

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!