As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Office thread: Shove it up your butt!

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Andy, you idiot!

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    fucking hell andy

Senjutsu on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    God, Andy. That is the most painful thing to watch.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love how Ryan has some completely new outfit or look every week.

Shaggy on
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shaggy wrote: »

I think it's great how he changes his style the most often but the show still doesn't give him any attention. It's like he knows he's a lame background character.

BloodySloth on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shaggy wrote: »

I think it's great how he changes his style the most often but the show still doesn't give him any attention. It's like he knows he's a lame background character.

In the context of the documentary setting, that makes so much sense - he's just desperate for recognition, but he hasn't even been given a talking head this series, I don't think.

This episode was definitely the best of the series so far. I just want to hug Andy, he's so pathetically sweet :(
    "Do the Swedish Chef."
    "I'm not familiar with him, what province is he from?"

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has Michael ever snapped at anyone the way he snapped at Jim?

Schrodinger on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Has Michael ever snapped at anyone the way he snapped at Jim?

Stanley.

Kyougu on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I like when hot ex-secretary gets in on the crazy.

DarkWarrior on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    snip
    "Do the Swedish Chef."

response to spoiler
    "He lives on Sesame Street, dumb-ass."

big oops, :p

and oh god, Creed. I just wanted to know what he was in such a big hurry for.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Good episode. Years ago, I was involved in one of those dinner games. They're a lot of fun.

Slider on
  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lordswing wrote: »
    snip
    "Do the Swedish Chef."

response to spoiler

You really had no idea why Creed was in a hurry to leave the office?

Hint:
    He had just learned that they were trying to figure out who had committed a murder.

Tarantio on
  • TonyTheLeperTonyTheLeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tarantio wrote: »
    snip
    "Do the Swedish Chef."

response to spoiler

You really had no idea why Creed was in a hurry to leave the office?

Hint:
    He had just learned that they were trying to figure out who had committed a murder.

This one flew right over my roomates head too and I was laughing my ass off and he was just like, how is that funny? What does he think he can have the day off or something?

And I was just like...man....its CREED. And explained the murder thing to him and he finally got it. His Identity theft and fraud stories are always frickin gold.

TonyTheLeper on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Why was Creed late though? It just seemed to me like he was up to something else, whatever.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I like the bit where a couple of teenagers show up at that one bar, all thanking Creed. He then offhandedly remarks to the interview guys that he runs a fake ID company.

Nerdgasmic on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Why was Creed late though? It just seemed to me like he was up to something else, whatever.

Obviously he was involved in murder

Senjutsu on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Easily the best part was Andy explaining how to effect a southern accent. I died at "molasses"

SithDrummer on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    then theres dwight nuttapping himself

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    then theres dwight nuttapping himself

It was unfortunate that they showed that in the promo, as it kind of killed the bit as I knew the finale. Not as bad as the promos ABC does on their Wednesday night comedy block though, which basically show the three funniest parts of the episode out of context and ruin the night.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man, Pam at the end seriously made the episode for me.

Also Andy's southern accent.

Creed was a little predictable, but he's Creed, and I hadn't put the whole "late" thing together yet. Now it's hilarious.

electricitylikesme on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally got a chance to catch this on hulu, and it felt like a return to form. This season hasn't been bad, but it's felt a bit ... soulless so far. Maybe I'm just a bit perverse, but the show isn't great when it's over the top or just hilarious, it's clicking when it's poignant and soul crushingly real and then the characters pull through and make you laugh. Andy/Erin's interaction and Michael's dealing with things and snapping set the stage for the rest of the stuff to be meaningful instead of just wacky.

werehippy on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As much as I love Creed, I hope hes never on the show again. Because that would be the best send off of a character ever.

He probably thinks they suspect him for the murder of the original Creed....

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited November 2009
    I sure love the episode where Oscar wears the sax-playing babies poster as a win-win-win solution.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man, Pam at the end seriously made the episode for me.

Also Andy's southern accent.

Creed was a little predictable, but he's Creed, and I hadn't put the whole "late" thing together yet. Now it's hilarious.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Seeing Michael be competent at his job (and downright brilliant and insightful, in fact) is what made the episode for me.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2009
    The episode where he held a meeting at chili's and managed to actually be charismatic was nice.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think it's gotten to the point where we shouldn't act like Michael being a competent business man is surprising. He's had far more business successes than failures.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, I know the show isn't going anywhere soon (isn't it one of NBC's highest rated?), but what are they going to do about
    Dundle Mifflin going bankrupt? I mean, I guess they might not lay off everyone, but they sure are painting a not too bright future for our favorite office workers. I'm interested to see where the season finale leaves us after this now.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    David Wallace gets fired and employed under Michael as a temp.

Schrodinger on
  • InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dwight works for the government.

Michale becomes a Steve Carrell impersonater at parties...

InHuman on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Drakeon wrote: »
    So, I know the show isn't going anywhere soon (isn't it one of NBC's highest rated?), but what are they going to do about
    Dundle Mifflin going bankrupt? I mean, I guess they might not lay off everyone, but they sure are painting a not too bright future for our favorite office workers. I'm interested to see where the season finale leaves us after this now.

If it's anything like last season, they'll make it look like everything's been tossed up in the air, but by the season finally everything falls back to the status quo as Jim and Pam find out with a smug smile their baby is an angel. Naturally.

The writers have essentially begun writing the series from the beginning again. Andy and Erin are the new Jim and Pam, while the bankruptcy plot mirrors the branch closure/merger plots.

I often wonder if the show's popularity has grown to the point where NBC is afraid to allow the writers to do anything fresh with the series. :?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    they gonna pull a scrubs

half the characters replaced with young pretty blondes..

InHuman on
  • RubickRubick Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Couldn't Dunder-Mifflin get bought out by some other company (IE Staples)? Then the next season could be about the changes this would bring, which staff would stay on versus who would get fired, etc.

Rubick on
  • PongePonge Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah do declare!

Ponge on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They foreshadowed the Jim development where he might pull in a big sale that keeps the company afloat, and he moves up the ladder as he takes on more and more "big" sales, overtaking Michael and his big idea title, to where he ultimately becomes as high as Wallace in the company (president sales & marketing or something).

TexiKen on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    InHuman wrote: »
    they gonna pull a scrubs

half the characters replaced with young pretty blondes..

i can dig it

INeedNoSalt on
    edited November 2009
    Havent the last few episodes shown that Jim isn't a capable manager alone?

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2009

It's hard to tell how much of that is because of him and how much of it is because Michael has warped the environment of the Office in such a way that he's the only person who can manage it somewhat effectively.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2009

It's hard to tell how much of that is because of him and how much of it is because Michael has warped the environment of the Office in such a way that he's the only person who can manage it somewhat effectively.

In teh other office they were playing COD all day, it seems to be the standard, Jim isn't good at managing people as shown by the way he tried to do bonuses.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2009
    The other office only played CoD on their breaks. Apart from that they seemed to respond to normal management techniques, which is why most of the people from that branch who were absorbed by Scranton didn't stay.

Karen seems to be doing alright as a manager and she had just as many problems with Scranton as Jim did. She probably wouldn't have excelled in that branch either.

Robos A Go Go on