As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Office thread: Shove it up your butt!

1737475767779»

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I kinda feel like the day after the show airs is a bit early to be outright spoiling stuff...

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I really liked the audience at the panel as surrogate for the audience. All those questions thrown at Pam were pretty much how I felt. The whole drama was forced and I'm glad they basically conceded that.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I'm also glad the finale ended with one of my favorite scenes. I think that episode when Michael buys the painting might actually be my favorite in the series.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like the day after the show airs is a bit early to be outright spoiling stuff...

I think it's entirely reasonable to expect that in a thread about a TV show, the most recent episodes will be what drives the discussion. I didn't watch the finale until today, not last night, so I didn't visit this thread last night. Like, why would somebody visit this thread today if they hadn't yet watched the finale?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Why is it a spoiler conversation has to happen every time something comes out ever. Doesn't it get old?

You shouldn't have to actively avoid threads because people are being too inconsiderate to click two fucking buttons to put something in a spoiler less than 24 hours after the show aired.

It's not unacceptable that someone might not watch it till the weekend, or a bit later. This isn't King Kong,; a day is a pretty unreasonable amount of time to stop spoiling something, particularly a show that relies a lot on being surprised for a lot of the scenes to have their full impact.

It's called the least you can do; the minimum amount of courtesy you could possibly have.

Seriously, two button clicks. One to select your text; one to click the spoiler button.

EDIT: I mean, isn't kinda the standard to spoiler a show until the next episode airs? Being a series finale, at least the weekend seems pretty reasonable.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    I loved the finale!

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    But what makes them unique?

What makes any company do well? Hard work and a bit of luck.

Lh96QHG.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

I think it's entirely reasonable to expect that in a thread about a TV show, the most recent episodes will be what drives the discussion. I didn't watch the finale until today, not last night, so I didn't visit this thread last night. Like, why would somebody visit this thread today if they hadn't yet watched the finale?

Conversely it takes a whole two seconds of your time to hit
    the spoiler button
    around your post.

So, you know, it's not a big deal since the rest of the thread is doing it.

Lh96QHG.png
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    I'm still confused on what Athlead actually does.

Athleap.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    If you visit a thread for a TV show the day after the series finale ends, expecting that every post that discusses the finale will be in spoilers, what else do you expect to be there? Do you think people are going to be discussing previous seasons in between series finale related posts for some reason and you're going to just enjoy those posts? Yeah no. You just shouldn't read a thread if you're trying hard to avoid spoilers. Honestly, if this were a drama or a show where something happens that warrants a spoiler tag, I'll always use one, but not for a sitcom.

Not to mention, the first words of the post I wrote were "Thought it was a really well done finale to the series," so if anybody read those words and continued on without having watched the episode first, they maybe knew what they were reading.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I would understand the complaints more if this were a show from overseas like Doctor Who, or if this was a show on cable with multiple airtimes that not everyone watched at the same time, or if this was a show that had a significant delay on Hulu.

Otherwise, you're appealing to a select group of people who care about the show enough to where they can't go a day without participating in the discussion, but not enough to simply catch it on Hulu.

I will never understand why some people are so obstinate about clicking a damn button.

Different threads have different spoiler policies. Be a grown up and deal with it, don't whine like a goose.

Lh96QHG.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tEZULCa8MY

I will admit to a couple of manly tears during the finale, despite not really feeling the show the last couple of seasons.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mmt3zdnPzE1rryyhio1_500.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What was the deal with Meredith? Are we actually supposed to think she was getting a phd? I hate her so much.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    What was the deal with Meredith? Are we actually supposed to think she was getting a phd? I hate her so much.

The joke is that they only showed her bad moments on the show. She looks terrible because the doc wanted her to appear terrible.

The joke is that they only showed her bad moments on the show. She looks terrible because the doc wanted her to appear terrible.

But getting a phd doesn't excuse. . . Well anything she did. Nothing could off set what a disgusting person she was.

To be fair, I thought she was the only member of the ensemble that didn't work from the start, and even factoring in the add on characters, she is still the worst by a mile IMO.

What did people think of the add on characters in general? I liked Andy, until Michael left, and I always liked Karen. The rest I never cared for. They all felt too over the top to me (especially Erin, who was often too dumb to seem like a person).

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    The Meredith joke only works if we only see just the documentary. But for us, that's not the case...we saw the unedited footage, or something like that.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Guys, she was lying.

She really is that awful, she knows it, and she was lying to make herself look better.

That was the joke. I think.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Guys, she was lying.

She really is that awful, she knows it, and she was lying to make herself look better.

The problem is that Meredith is just not funny, so she can't make any jokes work. If I was the manager, I would definitely fire her.

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    But then you'd lose your discount on supplies and Outback Steakhouse gift certificates.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    Guys, she was lying.

The problem is that Meredith is just not funny, so she can't make any jokes work. If I was the manager, I would definitely fire her.

She was better before they went all out with her, but I guess that's true for Toby/Kevin/Erin/everyone. Re-watching seasons 1-4 recently, it really was an amazing show and better than the UK version, imo. It's too bad what it went through the last few seasons.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, I liked Toby better when there really wasn't a good reason for everyone to hate him.

Agreed. It was a real shame when Toby became the worst.

And poor, poor Kevin. I hate the "applied for a job in the warehouse" thing.

The only time I ever really liked Erin was when Mochael fake fired her.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Catching up on season 9... Not too thrilled about the direction Jim and Pam are heading.

Back the fuck off, Brian

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    But also, like... Get your shit together, Jim.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Phew... I got pretty emotional during those last two episodes. The finale had some eye-rollingly lame stuff, but it was mostly great at punching me in the heart with emotions. Most notably when Jim had to give up his best man position... lost it pretty good there.