As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chris Jericho] Also occasionally about the Big Bad Booty Daddy!

• Options
    zychizychi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jack Swagger:

Who 'ant 'thom?

Santino is the best.

zychi on
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    ED! wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Tyson/Jericho makes even more sense as a tag team when you realize they both lost someone they love to the pulleys of exercise equipment.

I don't get it. But then I don't read many insider reports beyond what's on the (pop laden) front page of PWTorch.
    On May 25, 2009, Tyson's 4-year-old daughter, Exodus, was found by her 7-year-old brother, Miguel, unconscious and tangled in a cord, dangling from an exercise treadmill. The child's mother untangled her, administered CPR, and called for medical attention. Exodus was listed in "extremely critical condition" and was on life support at Phoenix's St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. She subsequently died of her injuries on May 26, 2009.

cr0w on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maryse: "Oh my God. Michael Cole, you vintage nerd."

My heart fluttered for her for a second, even the parts that are plastic.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Tyson bit I got (which was pretty f'd up), the Jericho side of that - not so much.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, well he was close with Benoit.

cr0w on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh. Yea. Too soon.

ED! on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Tyson's theme sounds like something from No Mercy or Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well you saw that one coming. . .

ED! on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    A good segment with Tyson, Jericho and HBK gets ruined by Cole.

You suck Michael Cole.

What happened on that? I didn't catch it.

Anyway, end was pretty cool, and I hope this is the beginning of something interesting for Santino.

As for Cena? I became a fan when I saw his first match with Angle, then a fan again when I learned he was a big fan of oldschool NES and wearing a Duck Hunt cap-- and I don't think I was even watching at the time. I've liked him from that point on, even if not always the character. But the man, I think I can get behind.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can not like Cena's character in the ring

But he seems like a pretty nice dude overall

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My problem with Cena has never been the man...its the incredible lack of wrestling stacked on a stale character that is constantly pushed down our throats. Hogan 2.0/ Rock 2.5 is not interesting to anyone over 12. He is no where near as charasmatic as either. Now I understand that, that is the way WWE wants it, to draw in a new young core fans. But putting him against Orton who is both a fantastic heel and better in the ring at every turn just highlight how terrible Cena is at every single oportunity. Either open up his move set, or give him something more to say than catch phrases...do something anything to freshen him up or I will continue to turn of WWE programming once we hit the mainevent Cena fest.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Woah, don't you dare lump the Rock in with Hogan. Two totally different characters. Rocky would switch between heel and face constantly, entirely depending on who he was feuding with. And he was always entertaining. Week after week.

Cena's been face for almost, jesus, 6 years now? He was a heel when he first started the rapping gimmick but when he won the US title I remember him being a face and that was a long time ago. The character does need some sort of change to make him interesting to people like me but fuck, he's selling tons 'o stuff and not only is he bringing in kids, but he draws women as well.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Its not so much about the character they play...but their approach to the buisness. As in they were all about the promo but couldn't wrestle when compared to their peers. So the comparison is apt...Rock couldnt wrestle at Austin's level ( pre dual robo knees) Hogan was no where near Flair....and Cena cant hold the jock of half the buisness inside the ropes. The difference is Cena's character is so weak and he doesnt have the start power to carry himself in a way the older fans respect.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    And it's too bad that Cena's character is so stale and he's not great in the ring. Because I want to like him, he does seem like a genuinely nice guy and he's had some really good promos and funny moments (I loved the Punch Out stuff last night). But the WWE makes it so difficult to like him. I wonder if things would be different if he had been around during the Attitude era and didn't have to be so PG.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You guys saying that Rocky and Cena can't wrestle don't know a god damn thing.

But that's a much longer argument about WWF/E style wrestling that I don't have time to type.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    \ Now I understand that, that is the way WWE wants it, to draw in a new young core fans. But putting him against Orton who is both a fantastic heel and better in the ring at every turn just highlight how terrible Cena is at every single oportunity.

I disagree.I think it's been shown and talked about that Cena consistently has good matches, even with people you wouldn't think so(like Umaga). And for the most part, he always delivers on PPV. Orton though, you can't say the same thing about.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But that's a much longer argument about WWF/E style wrestling that I don't have time to type.

Not enough damn lime in the world.

Professional Wrestling is not Olympic Wrestling. Not every wrestler needs to be able to bust out 8 supplexes in a row or know 1001 submission holds or being able to do 540 flips to be considered good wrestlers. It's all about capturing the drama in the ring, reacting to the crowd and telling a story. Both The Rock and Cena are good at doing all that.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Not enough damn lime in the world.

Professional Wrestling is not Olympic Wrestling. Not every wrestler needs to be able to bust out 8 supplexes in a row or know 1001 submission holds or being able to do 540 flips to be considered good wrestlers. It's all about capturing the drama in the ring, reacting to the crowd and telling a story. Both The Rock and Cena are good at doing all that.

I hate to sound like an echo chamber but I agree with Kyougu. The emotion in the ring is always what it has been about. Not the moves.

Look at Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan or Stone Cold (He is a fantastic wrestler but for the sake of argument) vs The Rock, or the combo of Hogan vs The Rock.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ultimate Warrior is a different case.

For the fans, he was a great wrestler. Exciting to watch. Big energy, big move kind of guy.

For the other wrestlers, he was awful. Sloppy. Didn't know shit. Would miss cues consistently.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like Cena. I don't own 50 things that say his name on them but I enjoy him in the ring. I have flip flopped on him many times and for right now at least I am in his corner. He is a swell guy and a hell of a worker in the ring. He may not be "fresh" but he works his ass off with what they give him and I can live with that.

BTW not to double post but where can I find the Blockbuster edition of No Way Out 2007. It's extras are fantastic.

Also, www.blockbuster.com and the stores locally I don't trust unless I see *Blockbuster 2 Disc Special Edition* or something along those lines.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If anyone recorded RAW they should check out the hilarious boss-eyed drawing of HBK someone is holding up at the ad break coming back into the Miz skit.

Highlight of the show.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought the part where Kofi stops speaking because of the Cena Sucks chant was pretty funny. "Don't listen to them Kofi. I never do" Nice recovery Cena :p

Also its sad that they are doing to Jericho what I was hoping would happen to Orton. Reaches the point where everyone is tried of his shit and gets humilated and beaten down so he can either come back stronger or reinvent himself. Wonder if this is happening to Jericho so he can go on tour with Fozzy or something after Wrestlemania.

And please lets not do Undertaker vs Michaels again. No way either of them can out do last year. I kinda want to see Taker and Kane in a Buried Alive match if the rumors of this being Taker and Kane's last full year are true.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know who's awesome? The Miz.

Career making promo last night. Here it is for anyone who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ggC34eV2w&feature=player_embedded

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That MVP/Miz promo (Because MVP was good too!) was incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That MVP/Miz promo (Because MVP was good too!) was incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Yeah it called to mind old promos from the attitude era.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I liked that Promo alot. I also have to wonder if that Chicken Story is true heh

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

The reason people like the Miz so much around here is that he is basically Jericho Junior.

That promo was a lot like his work when him and Michaels were feuding awhile back, only slightly less psychotic.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's ok, RAW, screw over Jericho, he'll be back. Till then he can put some stank on it over on SD! for awhile.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As weird as it sounds it looks like they are grooming Jericho to be top heel in the company if they (i.e the fans) decide to finally flip Orton.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I like the Miz because I remember watching him in The Real World and him saying how his dream was to be a Pro Wrestler. Really cool that he made it.

Same for Morrison.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Wow. That was some really good stuff.

I'm liking The Miz more and more as time goes by. You can tell the fans are warming up to him even though he's supposed to be a heel. When the majority of the crowd is doing your catchphrase with you, you've got something good going.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Miz to be the next Rock

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So Jon Heder will be guest hosting RAW next week?

I'm calling Napoleon Dynamite skits by Hornswoggle and/or Santino for next week. It's basically guaranteed.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So goldust got beat by some guy without a finisher

Swell

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    that scream is his finisher

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    THIS RIGHT HERE

IS

DOMINATION

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Trent Beretta on his way to singles glory!
    That or we're getting a tag feud for Dudebusters Inc. involving Goldust and whoever he's been odd-coupled up with this time, which would be even more awesome frankly.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    dcleedclee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Damn, Orton got pissed at Kofi this past Raw.

"Stupid! Stupid!!"

dclee on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I fully expected Miz at the end to go "You think we're worlds apart? You want me to open up the cage? Let's do exactly that! You and me, for the United States Championship.....INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!" It would have been too perfect.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like Cena in a weird sort of way. Not like I did The Rock and Stone Cold, or the way I've always liked Shawn Michaels. More like in a sort of Hacksaw Jim Duggan way, but a bit better.
    dclee wrote: »
    Damn, Orton got pissed at Kofi this past Raw.

"Stupid! Stupid!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZzM7ck4vg#t=10s

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!