As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]!

• Options
    SosSos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Daft Punk are playing here next Summer. I am debating as to whether or not I should go.

Dude.

What the hell.

How is this even a question.

They put on a fucking amazing live show.

It's quite expensive

They're not entirely my thing

Could interfere with my Graspop plans

There we go.

Yeah money is usually a big barrier.

Sos on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sos wrote: »
    There we go.

Yeah money is usually a big barrier.

It's not that I'm cheap, it's just that for the same price I can see Marduk, Anaal Nathrakh, Bolt Thrower, Propaghandi and Protest The Hero AND still have cash left over for Graspop.

Tav on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    the army of christ really has shitty strategy in Narnia

I mean come on

one, you're at a fucking mountainside. Just stay there.

two, you charge, and then disengage, not just stay there

three, you have fucking griffins who can drop stones on them!

why the fuck haven't they been doing that for days already!

and tell them to fly higher

whereas the queen is smart. Use light infantry to soak up their charge, and once they're engaged there, move in with the main force

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Narnia is so close to a jesus slashfiction that I just can't stand it anymore

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Shouldn't Jesus be like a lamb or something anyway?

Leitner on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    if i'm running XP and i have two large hard drives, what would be the best way to install windows 7 if i have a digital install file?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    okay, I admit, that charging and pulling back to the mountainside wasn't such a bad tactic considering their advantage in cavalry

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    part of our hw for this class is learning bash stuff

so one thing is i need to count the number of words in this file that either start with A/a or end with ing

and i am trying this:
    grep -i '\<A|ing\>' words | wc -w

but its not working

what do i do

my grep is rusty, but that will only match <A> or <ing> case insensitively, I think

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am looking forward to seeing Protest The Hero. The other bands on the night will be terribad though.

Tav on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

Part of being a good Christian is changing the scripture to whatever the fuck you think it should be

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »

so one thing is i need to count the number of words in this file that either start with A/a or end with ing

and i am trying this:

but its not working

what do i do

my grep is rusty, but that will only match <A> or <ing> case insensitively, I think

hmmm hokay... hmmm ummm

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Res wrote: »

Part of being a good Christian is changing the scripture to whatever the fuck you think it should be
    And then Jesus drove down from the heavens in his bitchin' Camaro, and shot all the non-believers with a Remington 12 gauge shotgun. And it was good.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

And then Jesus drove down from the heavens in his bitchin' Camaro, and shot all the non-believers with a Remington 12 gauge shotgun. And it was good.

The Bible 2: Jesus Boogaloo is truly the best bible.

Cinders on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

And the Lord said "Trust not the option of the public when it comes to tending the ill. Put faith in the Lord and in the forces of trade to care for the sick. Listen not to the suggestions of the Democrats, for their ideas shall lead to no good. Amen."

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    See, now anyone that says differently is just misinterpreting scripture. Isn't theology fun?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey Res, what types of fun holidays/celebrations does Asatru have? And is there heavy drinking involved?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hey Res, what types of fun holidays/celebrations does Asatru have? And is there heavy drinking involved?

YES AND YES

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They keep showing commercials for the remake of the V tv series that's coming up in November, and the actress they have as the main alien lady is Morena Baccarin, so now every time it comes up I can't stop thinking about Firefly.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    They keep showing commercials for the remake of the V tv series that's coming up in November, and the actress they have as the main alien lady is Morena Baccarin, so now every time it comes up I can't stop thinking about Firefly.

Is Alan Tudyk not in that too?

Starcross on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey Res, if you ship to Germany and want to know more about what's up you should really talk to other military folks, for as far as I am aware the military has its own little world there and you'll have vastly different experiences there than the local population.

Hell, you redneck yankee-faces have your own supermarket in eastern Limburg where you can buy everything you can find in a Wal-Mart at American prices.

Aldo on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

Is Alan Tudyk not in that too?

Fuck, you're right.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cinders wrote: »

YES AND YES

The first one wasn't a yes/no question, Res.

Also, do you have to eat lutefisk?

Cinders on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Res I desire more information about this holiday and the drinking that goes along with it.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey Res, if you ship to Germany and want to know more about what's up you should really talk to other military folks, for as far as I am aware the military has its own little world there and you'll have vastly different experiences there than the local population.

Hell, you redneck yankee-faces have your own supermarket in eastern Limburg where you can buy everything you can find in a Wal-Mart at American prices.

I know but I'm in AIT land which means most of the people around me are students like myself

Besides that I don't want to spend my time isolated in the military community. First of all I don't fit in all that well, secondly one of my primary reasons for joining was to see the world. Spending a few years living in Europe is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for so I don't want to spend my time sitting in a little slice of America.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My cats are going insane because I have a plate of flaked smoked mackerel in the kitchen.

japan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I know but I'm in AIT land which means most of the people around me are students like myself

H/A military thread -->

Aldo on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

and i am trying this:

but its not working

what do i do

And me without my Unix in a Nutshell book.

grep is probably the wrong tool, unless the teacher is requesting it for some reason. I am very rusty, but as I recall, grep works line by line. Unless each word is on a separate line, I'd think you'd have trouble.

If each word is on a separate line, then grep [options] ^[A|a] should work for the first request, and grep [options] ing$ should work for the second.

Grains of salt and all that, it's been a long time.

Tamin on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    $120...seriously? That's more than space hulk. What the hell. I will have to wait for a price drop.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Tamin wrote: »

and i am trying this:

but its not working

what do i do

And me without my Unix in a Nutshell book.

grep is probably the wrong tool, unless the teacher is requesting it for some reason. I am very rusty, but as I recall, grep works line by line. Unless each word is on a separate line, I'd think you'd have trouble.

If each word is on a separate line, then grep [options] ^[A|a] should work for the first request, and grep [options] ing$ should work for the second.

Grains of salt and all that, it's been a long time.
    yeah all the words are on seperate lines
    the goal is just to teach us how grep and other standard unix tools work

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rock Band was more expensive (in €) with instruments.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sigh about time to go to work. Toodles [chat].

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    japan wrote: »
    My cats are going insane because I have a plate of flaked smoked mackerel in the kitchen.

*salivates*

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Res I desire more information about this holiday and the drinking that goes along with it.

Drinking is totally optional but traditionally there is a feast, and sometimes gift-giving. Most holidays also have their own traditions, for example on Barri, you might plant something indoors, to transplant it outside during the summer. During the "feast of Vali" it's customary to get all of your family together and give gifts and, for couples, renew their vows or get married. On Ragnar Lodbrok Day, you have a feast with a toast to Ragnar in remembrence of the day he sacked Paris.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Drinking is totally optional but traditionally there is a feast, and sometimes gift-giving. Most holidays also have their own traditions, for example on Barri, you might plant something indoors, to transplant it outside during the summer. During the "feast of Vali" it's customary to get all of your family together and give gifts and, for couples, renew their vows or get married. On Ragnar Lodbrok Day, you have a feast with a toast to Ragnar in remembrence of the day he sacked Paris.

That last holiday sounds awesome.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    to clarfiy, i know how to do them separately, but how to do them together i do not.... that is, words that either start with one thing or end with the other thing

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You better believe there's drinking involved

also, christmas is still called, and still has many of the traditions of, jul which was a norse pagan holiday

many of us eat pork on christmas

because they used to sacrifice a pig. And eat it.

Oh and heavy drinking.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    to clarfiy, i know how to do them separately, but how to do them together i do not.... that is, words that either start with one thing or end with the other thing

Post a few sample lines?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "drinking is totally optional"

what

what kind of fucked up pagan are you

mead and lots of it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Who the fuck needs religion as an excuse to drink anyway?

Aldo on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Who the fuck needs religion as an excuse to drink anyway?

Religious people.

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.