As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

del

NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
edited September 2018 in Help / Advice Forum
x

NotYou on

• Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    open your owner's manual.
    find the fuse diagram.
    pull the fuse for interior lighting.

when you have more time, google search for a more definitive answer.
    I know you said there is no switch, but I'm willing to bet there is.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    thanks.

I managed to pry off the dome with a screwdriver and unscrew it. I'll look around for a better solution tomorrow...

You can delete the thread.

NotYou on
  • Options
    pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Have you tried rotating the headlight switch?

pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    pacbowl wrote: »

this. In most of the fords I have driven, while mostly f250s of various years, the head light switch has 3 different functions. Pull out once for road lights, twice for head lights, turn right to adjust gauge lighting, turn all the way left to turn on interior lights.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It could a door switch that's messed up. There are switches in each of the doors letting your vehicle know when they open so it turns on the dome light. They're usually 1 screw to put in (and one wiring clip to put on) and about $10-15.

badpoet on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

this. In most of the fords I have driven, while mostly f250s of various years, the head light switch has 3 different functions. Pull out once for road lights, twice for head lights, turn right to adjust gauge lighting, turn all the way left to turn on interior lights.

The 2003 Mustang wouldn't have this design... I believe they stopped making those types of switches in the early 90s.

However, a similar concept is what they use now. The dimmer dial you have to adjust the brightness of your dashboard display will have a spot at the peak of its rotation where it clicks into place, leaving the dome light on at all times.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Chanus wrote: »
    The 2003 Mustang wouldn't have this design... I believe they stopped making those types of switches in the early 90s.

However, a similar concept is what they use now. The dimmer dial you have to adjust the brightness of your dashboard display will have a spot at the peak of its rotation where it clicks into place, leaving the dome light on at all times.

The thing still rides on a solid rear axle. You think they're going to update something as miniscule as the switches? :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The thing still rides on a solid rear axle.

It's a selling point. You know that.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The thing still rides on a solid rear axle.

It's a selling point. You know that.

I'm specifically responding to the "object design X is old and therefore shouldn't be in use" with a facetious response and jab at the Mustang. But way to read too deeply into things.

Internet.

Serious business.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Chanus wrote: »

this was my immediate guess. fuse pulling is slightly preferable to having the bulb unscrewed and dome off, too. just looks a little nicer.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    well not too mention, exposed wires could still complete a circuit unintentionally draining the battery overnight.

whereas a pulled fuse is 100% going to interupt the circuit.

but yeah.. astethics too.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png