As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microsoft Messenger for Mac not adding people.

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Going to keep this short and sweet. I us MSN messenger for Mac on my Imac. I tried adding someone, checking to make sure I got the email right. It didn't work. She showed up on my contact list, but wasn't online. She tried adding me on her end. I never saw anything. I'm presuming she uses a PC.

What gives?

The Last Gent on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry for the double post, but I was extremely tired when I wrote that. Let me clarify everything.

I use MSN Messenger for Mac, the latest version. The person on the other end gave me her email (we were facebook chatting so this was all live), I tried adding it. While it said it was successful, her email address only appeared in the offline contacts despite her being online, and she said she never received an invitation on her end.

So she tried adding me based on my email, and I didn't see an invite on my end.

I don't know what type of MSN she uses, I didn't think to ask at the time.

Any ideas?

P.s. Let's assume for a moment we both got each other's email addresses typed out right.

The Last Gent on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thats weird. Maybe try adding her using one of the internet services like eBuddy? If its a client related issue that should be a decent work-around.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also give Adium a go, if that's an option.

theSquid on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    theSquid wrote: »
    Also give Adium a go, if that's the only good option.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wunderbar wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    Also give Adium a go, that's the only good option.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Whoa, how did I not know about this?

The Last Gent on