Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Wig + Sword + ??? = Costume! (the "Oh shit I don't have a halloween costume" thread)

Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So last year I went to a costume party as Braveheart. Wig, face paint, kilt, big belt, wooden sword. Being a complete tool, I've waited until the last minute to actually check my costume is in order, only to find I actually have:

- Wig
- Sword
- Belt

... but nothing else! The kilt was borrowed, and the facepaint is now all solid and gross. This alone does not a costume make. I've got most of today to run around frantically buying stuff to make it once again a costume, but i'm not convinced i'm going to be able to track down a kilt for cheap in this part of the country (South of England).

Face paint isn't really a problem, but without the kilt i'm not really Braveheart, am I? I can either try to get the rest of the parts together... or go as something else completely. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I could go for generic barbarian, but don't really have the parts for that either. I really don't want to have to go as a tshirt ninja or toilet paper mummy, but I'm all out of ideas! Help me internet!

Mr Ray on
Spoiler: